News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 8m
Over latest Globe story re: RR Donnelly, Councillor Doug Ford is accusing Globe of stealing Deco information. "This is a vicious attack."

Ford then sort of changed that to say that have "unlawful information." Didn't clarify. Of allegations, he said: "We don’t do that shit."

Classy!

My only comment on Doug's Ks is that it's interesting to me that acclamation of the Ward 2 Dauphin has gone to the male nephew in the fam and not to any of the four K females. Unsuited or never asked? Not pilots? Or smart enough to say no?

Well, they'd have to have politics 'explained to them' first, as uncle Rob put it.

Doug lied. Again. It's not a vicious attack, it's the truth. Did he deny handling the RR Donnelly account. Yes. Massive conflict of interest there as he used his power as councillor (and his brother's as Mayor) for personal financial gain. It has nothing to do with voting at council and COI but a COI nontheles.

I don't know, I actually feel safer biking downtown streets than some others. There are more cyclists and the downtown drivers are used to them. I always feel scared when I'm in the area of Bathurst and Sheppard, or Finch and Keele . Everyone drives so fast and you just feel so exposed. Downtown there are cyclists, pedestrians, people randomly wandering into the middle of the road. In some suburban areas, the traffic lights are pretty far apart and the lanes are big and wide and open. Posted limit is 60 but a lot of drivers are doing 80 (probably guilty of that myself sometimes). Downtown driving is a zoo, but I guess it's a zoo I'm used to so I'm more comfortable with it. ;)

Yep. It's the congestion and volume that makes downtown traffic manageable on a bike.

Over latest Globe story re: RR Donnelly, Councillor Doug Ford is accusing Globe of stealing Deco information. "This is a vicious attack."

Ford then sort of changed that to say that have "unlawful information." Didn't clarify. Of allegations, he said: "We don’t do that shit."

Classy!

When other mayoral candidates were referring to improper campaigning just before Ford Fest, didn't Doug refer to their objections by saying something like 'that's not very good'? Seemed like he couldn't be bothered to make a threat or an accusation - like his heart's not in it to stand up for Robbie anymore.

Surely, a company like Deco would have deep enough pockets and the incentive to go after the Globe, if it was a lie.*

*Which it's not

That the police investigated a stupid comment on a blog full of stupid posts is beyond stupid. Who took the time to push this?

Apparently it started with another BlogTO reader named Gwen, who commented:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll let the authorities know your pre planning an assault on Rob Ford. Show it by voting on October 27, not by throwing eggs.

Maybe the cops are just waiting for a complaint from an Internet busybody before they arrest Ford. And maybe we all should be just a little more wary of Internet busybodies.

Excuse me while I review my last two years of Twitter posts.

Last edited:
Surely, a company like Deco would have deep enough pockets and the incentive to go after the Globe, if it was a lie.*

*Which it's not

Meanwhile I await the BoFos' excuse again- that they skipped orientation classes. Recalling that RoFo couldn't grasp the concept of conflict of interest.

Interesting that current Deco staff are starting to to roll over.

Yes, that is very interesting. It would also be interesting if any former or current staff know of any tax-related shennanigans that have gone on, and whether those folks know how to contact the CRA. Folks who play fast and loose with the rules in one part of their lives often can't resist the temptation to do it in others.

I really wish someone would ask her 'Does your husband know you're out?' or 'OMG where are your kids? Think of the children!'

When I saw her at the bobblehead thing (don't judge me. don't.), she was having all her meltdowns about Jesus, gays, schools, etc right in front of me as Canada man handed out liquor chocolates to all ages in line. lol. She seems to have a couple teens, boys, who I think she is trying to homeschool because gays.

She has spoken to God. And Jesus has authorized her decisions because Rob Ford.

I'm telling you, sunglasses, a well charged ipod and a desire to be a dead silent fly on the wall make for AMAZING character studies and psychological judgements when you infiltrate Ford Nation events. You must go in all zen though and smile and nod. It's kinda fun. (don't)

Zanta is mentally ill. That's not a slur, but admitted, recorded fact. He's done interviews mentioning his severe manic-depression exacerbated by his divorce and loss of custody of his son is part of what triggered the Zanta character. He's now living with his mother, taking his meds and not frantically doing push-ups in front of tourists.

If Zanta were a 65 year old, 350lb man, his actions long ago would have earned him a "nutjob" label and far less nostalgic sentiment. As with Shirtless Joe, the only reason people took him more seriously is due to his physique. It's a sad statement on what we value as a society; that "attractive" people earn more respect, admiration and credibility for simply being pretty.

He's on Twitter and still seems to be sort of in character ('YESYESYES!'). I always found him kind of annoying on transit, but I recognize that he can't entirely help himself. I just hope he doesn't endorse Ford.

I cant see what you are referring to...whatsit?
not charging the bigot who put his hands on the rainbow-flag-draped protester

video clearly shows it was a fleeting touch, not a choke, and all of those involved have decided no charges should be laid

it only looks bad on TPS to someone who has a real hard-on against TPS, if you`ll pardon the jargon

Yeah, if someone threw something and said some guy on the net told them to, I could see the police charging them maybe on principle. But since nothing happened and since it's such a minor thing (as opposed to say, saying someone should throw a rock or worse), it's baffling. And very bad optics as long as that Banerjee guy is uncharged while there is undeniable photographic evidence of him committing assault out there for anyone to see.

The blog post that was referenced gave July 29 as the date .... so of course nothing happened! People are waiting until tomorrow to throw things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back