607     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 652     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. Also wondering... if he gets enough attention while campaigning and throwing free burger parties, seeing hoards of applauders and selfie groupies, what's going to happen to that ego of his? It's quite typical for someone who feels that kind of power to go overboard and start doing some really nasty things. Nastier than we've seen so far. RF doesn't have a healthy ego, and if it starts inflating more, I think he'll shoot himself in the foot in a big way. The FordFests will raise him up. Then he'll f'up. Cause he always does. Cause he can't help himself. Cause he's used to rejection and used to alienating himself from others.

Rofo strikes me as a lonewolf. Not in a cool rebel kind of way, or an awesome rocking wolf howling graphic black tee shirt kind. But a very angry and sad, anti social, I bully because I've been bullied, and because I can, lone wolf. Chronically ironically, its because of that I think he is able to connect on a personal level, to other lone wolves.

fords planting candidates in ward 2?

plants.jpg

https://twitter.com/CopperBronzed/status/493506878744186880

Attachments

• plants.jpg
    plants.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 751
I think that the Nation is the only place where some members have ever felt validated and embraced just as they are - for once they don't feel laughed at, ridiculed (whether real or imagined); for recent immigrants, its a place where they don't have to steel....from the ambush slur. Ford is what created the group - all those years as a councillor making ignored and abandoned people feel important...."my councillor, who is kinda like me, came" Nation was built in those days not now. This is why some of the Nation doesn't care what he does, or what he votes for, or what he says. First, a lot would vote the same way and secondly, and more importantly, one of them became Mayor - "take that everyone who made us feel impotent" We are Ford Nation and we won City Hall.

It is nightmare inspiring. Thankfully Robbie has no credentials that would put him in a position like those other than just being a councillor and mayor. At best I see a "tour" speaking about "financial conservatism".

He'll do a "Winning" tour like Charlie Sheen did.

I think that the Nation is the only place where some members have ever felt validated and embraced just as they are - for once they don't feel laughed at, ridiculed (whether real or imagined); for recent immigrants, its a place where they don't have to steel....from the ambush slur. Ford is what created the group - all those years as a councillor making ignored and abandoned people feel important...."my councillor, who is kinda like me, came" Nation was built in those days not now. This is why some of the Nation doesn't care what he does, or what he votes for, or what he says. First, a lot would vote the same way and secondly, and more importantly, one of them became Mayor - "take that everyone who made us feel impotent" We are Ford Nation and we won City Hall.

This, a billion times. Rofo's opponents really needs to understand what you just excellently wrote. Rofo is still pretty good when it comes to making the political personal, and his retail politicking skills has been honed for years. People who say Rofo is just an idiot, can overlook the possibility that he's an idiot savant. He doesn't play by the expected rules of the game, he plays or changes the field to ones that suits his strength. A mere idiot doesn't do that.

I remember talking to a night security guard who was a big fan of Rofo, a year before the 2010 merryl race. I think Rofo was still councilor then. Anyhow, his % at the time was probably not that much better than a fringe candidate, on paper. On the ground though, his name recognition was pretty surprising, and after listening to one of his fans, my thoughts on Rofo's chances became 'underestimate Rob Ford at your own peril'. He may not have the level of support in 2014 compared to his early merryl coronation in 2010. But even now I would not completely discount him either.

as a follow up to the post about someone saw RoFo walking, my son posted to FB that Ford was at Timmy's (Dundas/Jane). Cripes. It's like an effed up "where's Waldo". (note, Timmy's is across from Ford's former LCBO stop, closed at the time of the sighting today).

This is shocking!!! Attractive people at Ford Fest?

Rob I'm sure picked European Meats for their standing in the community, but I don't think they are part of the cult, the Ford's would be ranting their name.

But has the Fords ever named-dropped Muzik. The conflict doesn't come with only the Ford's (or any corrupt elected official) hyping their name. But the Mayor giving them sweetheart deals or front of the line public services for exchange of their "donation"

sorry if this is a repeat, but what great writing!

Back in line waiting for the mayor to arrive, Ford Nation was getting antsy. Nearly 6 p.m., and still no Rob. George Chuvalo, Canadian boxing giant and staunch Ford supporter, entered the meet-and-greet tent. No one took notice. A small segment of the line was being whipped into a frenzy by a cameraman, while everyone else wilted in the heat. Thomson passed by on foot. And the hardest man Muhammad Ali ever fought, the one the Champ never could knock down, quietly ate a burger.

Finally, the main attraction. Ford and an entourage appeared from the parking lot and proceeded to the canopy tent. The crowd surged. One woman was left lying in its wake. Tiny men wormed their way under tall women’s arms; everyone pushed and hollered. From somewhere deep in the crush came a whiff of bourbon.

http://torontoist.com/2014/07/ford-fest-2014-starts-weird-and-turns-ugly/

^ Love this comment: "Good place to buy. I scored, good quality. Also-sluts galore!"

I remember a guy telling me about the police denying his application to join because his father had been a member of the Bund.

He was angry at his father, but his dad explained the only reason he went to the rallies was to pick up women. He had no interest in politics.

This is shocking!!! Attractive people at Ford Fest?

Not sure what the kids thought of it ( the three in the pic look confused ), but, as an adult, I don't mind seeing that sort of exhibitionism. In fact, I'd have been cheerin' them on! LOL :cool:

View attachment 30534

"Ford Nation worships MESSiah Rob Ford at FordFest! "SECURITYyyyy!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odSvtxiPnys

Last edited:
I agree. I actually think Sugar Beach should be used as a turning point.

If you're a moderate and believed in the gravy train - here is a primo of why RoFo is unable to be your candidate. he had the opportuniy to stop "the gravy train" and didn't. Perhaps he was high. Perhaps he's just lazy - its irrelevant. But what should be impressed on EVERYONE is he is unable to do his job.

I am loving the people in the background: The guy on the left in the blue shirt's face is saying "oh yeahhhhhh", there's a guy on the right in a greyish brown shirt that has a similar expression. The lady in purple who looks slightly offended. The woman in stripes who is either doing something on her phone or taking a photo. It's just all so amazing.=

I am loving the people in the background: The guy on the left in the blue shirt's face is saying "oh yeahhhhhh", there's a guy on the right in a greyish brown shirt that has a similar expression. The lady in purple who looks slightly offended. The woman in stripes who is either doing something on her phone or taking a photo. It's just all so amazing.=

It's a fascinating photo as a study of peoples reactions. As much as I would have wanted to watch, I think I would have been like the man in the red long-sleeve shirt and looked away. I wonder if that was his wife in blue outfit? Would he have looked if she wasn't there keeping an eye on him?

The three kids look dumb-founded. I guess I would have been too at that age.

Too bad Iona isn't in the pic. Love to see her reaction!

Last edited:

The young person, right, with red hair in the Ford Fest T-Shirt. Blurry. But, clearly, impressed. That's a great pic of Toronto. The Depth-Of-Field is just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back