427     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 589     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 904     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmi T, Glad you're back, safe & sound. You've been missed.

This one is as good as any to
rob ford 07 this.jpg
to.
welcome back Jimmi T!

Attachments

• rob ford 07 this.jpg
    rob ford 07 this.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 773
Dunno if anyone noticed but the initial news stories that came out with Doug saying Rob would be back to work by July 1st, were dated June 2nd.

Knowing that, there isn't anything particularly newsworthy about this memo being released except for the fact the dutiful media has put Rob in the news again for another cycle, right at the moment that Mammo is raging up and down.

Dunno if anyone noticed but the initial news stories that came out with Doug saying Rob would be back to work by July 1st, were dated June 2nd.

Knowing that, there isn't anything particularly newsworthy about this memo being released except for the fact the dutiful media has put Rob in the news again for another cycle, right at the moment that Mammo is raging up and down.

That sounds about right.

Some great community responses to Mammo's malfunctioning mind:

http://torontoist.com/2014/06/mammolitis-parkdale-slur-met-with-parkdalelove/
Mammoliti’s Parkdale Slur Met With #ParkdaleLove

After the councillor calls Parkdale a "pedophile district," Parkdale-loving Torontonians take to social media to defend the neighbourhood.

By Graeme Bayliss
Perks went on to encourage Torontonians to tweet the reasons they love Parkdale, using the hashtag #ParkdaleLove. Here are some of our favourites so far:

Zuzu @zuzuhaha
When I was in labour I walked around the streets of Parkdale to help the contractions and neighbourhood people cheered me on! #ParkdaleLove

brittany giles @brittsays
It's common to run into someone who is on your iTunes. Great artistic community. #parkdalelove

V M @v_m_phil
Whatever you need, be it roti, a library, fresh rye, cheap sunglasses, good coffee, great patio, it's probs only 14 min away. #ParkdaleLove

John Lorinc @JohnLorinc
#topoli Best thing about Parkdale? It's a (Giorgio) Mammolitti-free zone. #parkdalelove @gordperks

Gelek Badhey @GelekB
#ParkdaleLove 1: Parkdale has always been a welcoming hub for immigrants seeking refuge and artists seeking inspiration.

Probably convenient that Rob is returning the day after World Pride ends.

Also convenient that day is the Monday of what most people will be taking as a 4 day weekend with Canada Day the next day.
Also also handy, though off topic, is that the Fed by-elections are on that day as well.

So why'd you have to leave?
Your brother ?

Ya, because if it turned out one of Ford's goons was on my workplace security footage my brother said he would have to intervene. But he added that if he discovered I was causing trouble I'd be on my own. I went through my posts and thought my brother would flip out if he read a lot of the stuff I was posting. Now I just get the sense that someone at my workplace figured me out and is trolling me.

Ya, because if it turned out one of Ford's goons was on my workplace security footage my brother said he would have to intervene. But he added that if he discovered I was causing trouble I'd be on my own. I went through my posts and thought my brother would flip out if he read a lot of the stuff I was posting. Now I just get the sense that someone at my workplace figured me out and is trolling me.

Glad you're back. Why not start again with a new name, at least to throw people off the scent for a while?

Also convenient that day is the Monday of what most people will be taking as a 4 day weekend with Canada Day the next day.
Also also handy, though off topic, is that the Fed by-elections are on that day as well.

Weird that he's making a point of coming back in the middle of the Canada Day weekend. As we all know it's a big Ford Family tradition, and he's never not been a selfish prick about it in the past, so...?

Just heard this great quote from Mammolitti on CP24: " It's absolutely stupid, and now that we know that 120 sex offenders live in that area, it's even more stupider."

A plethora of stupider quotes today. Hasn't he changed his personal life in rehab already?

JProskowGlobal 12:02pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford: "Rob obviously is going to change his personal life but it’s not going to change Rob Ford’s belief in saving taxpayers money"

JProskowGlobal 12:00pm via TweetDeck
Doug Ford says "the media can't have the circus that chases [Rob] around, that sits outside his office".

Apparently Ford has sent the City written notice that he will be returning to work at 1:00 on June 30th.

Good to see he's returning to his regular work hours.

The letter actually says he'll be returning "in the later portion of the afternoon" -- he only asked that the locks on his office be restored to their former state by 1:00 p.m.

So not even "on time" by RoFo standards.

Keeping out the riff-raff...

annhui 12:08pm via TweetDeck
City spox statement: "The locks were changed on the doors to the Mayor's Office to keep his office secure while he was away on his leave.."

The letter actually says he'll be returning "in the later portion of the afternoon" -- he only asked that the locks on his office be restored to their former state by 1:00 p.m.

So not even "on time" by RoFo standards.

Rob's big on the locks. I've heard that the first thing he did after getting elected was immediately install three deadbolts on his office door, a door that, until that point, was always unlocked. Looks like he's still planning to have some things he wants to hide.

The other thing he did (this is second hand information from someone who talked to a person who'd been a city hall employee through five previous Mayors) is clear out a book shelf that was filled with autographed first editions that were gifts from various dignitaries, and replace them with over-sized chocolate bars. Apparently, from the outer office, hearing the sound of those bars being unwrapped was a very common occurrence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back