68     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 701     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is casting aspersions on the Star. The Star paid for screenshots from the more recent crack video (Kathy's basement) [but was not willing to pay what was asked for the video itself], whereas the Sun claims that it did not pay for the bar audio (Sully Gorman's - sp?) that it put out at roughly the same time.

Wasn't it The Globe, not The Star?

Lock up your liquor cabinets, folks.

reporterdonpeat 5:46pm via Twitter Web Client
Doug Ford says on @newstalk1010 that Mayor Rob Ford will be back from rehab on June 30/July 1.

Having a constituency office would imply that the councillor works for, and is available to, constituents. Therefore, there's no reason for Doug to have one. Gravy train, toot toot!

ryandoyleshow 6:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
I spoke with @TOMayorFord personally during one of our commercial breaks. He told me he plans on being back by June 30th/July 1st.

It will also be right in the middle of the World Cup which will be taking up a lot of people's attention.

Will be hard for Robbie to stay sober during the World Cup. I guess he likes soccer, looking at how he obliterated that poor little kid on some penalty kicks a few months back.

Newstalk1010: Two hours of pure, grade A, Doug Ford horseshit.

reporterdonpeat 5:09pm via Twitter Web Client
"We all hit a little bump in the road" Doug Ford on Mayor Rob Ford.

reporterdonpeat 5:09pm via Twitter Web Client
"I think there is room for 2nd chance with all of us" Doug Ford.

robyndoolittle 4:18pm via Twitter Web Client
"The gravy train started up again and we'll pull it to a screeching halt" when we get re-elected, says Doug Ford.

reporterdonpeat 4:13pm via Twitter Web Client
"When the cat's away the mice will play, right now the cat, Rob, is away" Doug Ford on @newstalk1010.

reporterdonpeat 4:10pm via Twitter Web Client
"I love Rob" Doug Ford on @newstalk1010

Which Doug Ford? The one who, The Globe and Mail alleges, once dealt drugs, full-on? Is it that Doug Ford who is running Rob's mayoral campaign? Oh, yup, I guess that's that one.

Ah, but Eno had quit the band before Stranded ... I think that would be Eddie Jobson behind the keys.

Indeed. Maybe they just made him wear the old Eno gear. That said, at least there was an opportunity to remark on the ol' avatar (which is missed).

Does anyone go down to Florida regularly? Hollywood FL to be exact. That was Deco's 'mail drop' in Florida. I bet they dropped some other things there too.

This article was posted in Feb but I don't remember reading it here before. For those for whom it is review, enjoy! :)

Doug Ford assistant had police run-ins for drugs, drunk driving
Paul Saracino, a childhood friend, has been on Toronto city payroll since the Fords’ crisis last fall. But his qualifications remain unclear.
By: Kevin Donovan Investigations, Emily Mathieu Investigative News reporter, Published on Fri Feb 28 2014

A former blackjack dealer with a troubled past in Florida that includes charges involving drugs, drinking and driving, and soliciting a prostitute is working as Councillor Doug Ford’s constituency assistant.

Paul Saracino, an old Ford friend from Etobicoke, was put on the city payroll in September but has kept a low public profile.
To add to the mystery of Paul Saracino, the bungalow in Hollywood, Fla., that he gave as his address when arrested has also been used for years as a mail drop for Deco Labels, the Ford family company headquartered in Etobicoke. The Hollywood home is owned by the Saracino family.

Court records in Florida show Saracino, 48, has faced charges in the past for offences including cocaine possession. The drug charges were dismissed in court. His only convictions were in 1995, for a charge of drinking and driving and in 2004, for soliciting a prostitute. There were no charges and convictions after 2004.

The Star was unable to determine how much Saracino is paid. His salary comes out of a councillor’s annual staffing budget of $224,264, paid for by taxpayer funds. The city does not make staff salaries public; it is up to a councillor to do so if he or she wishes.

One source close to Saracino said he did sales work for the Ford company at one time, and it appears this may be why the address is linked to Deco Labels. The Deco website does not list Florida as one of its locations.

People who know Saracino said he has had troubles with substance abuse and has been in rehab. Records from the Florida court system reveal charges, but no convictions, involving drugs. A 2000 charge of possession of marijuana for the purpose of selling was dismissed, as was a cocaine possession charge around the same time.
(My speculation: Doug has had 2 of his former second in command drug dealers working for us, the citizens of TO. Price and this guy Saracino.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back