711     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 645     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was trying to see if there was a ttc substation there historically, but instead (so far) found this... from a completely different year and location, but the similarities are shocking. (was that too much?)
http://www.beachmetro.com/2011/06/14/1978-year-elections/

Here's a fun little map to play with - a zoomable, mutable map of historical Toronto - which seems to be stitched together from current Bing aerial photography, 1947 aerial photos available online from the Toronto archives and historical atlases/fire insurance plans in the public domain dating from 1818 to 1924.

http://peoplemaps.esri.com/toronto/

Okay, so there's not a lot of detail on the information provided, but you get an idea of where TTC barns/substations might have been back in the day. There are other atlases/fire insurance plans available at the reference library, Toronto Archives and U of T (maybe elsewhere, it's been a while since I went looking), mostly on microfilm/fiche that are under a 90-year copyright protection, but anyone can view/copy them for non-commercial purposes. And there should be some for this area from around the mid 1930s, if you're so inclined. :)

crabby.jpg

Attachments

• crabby.jpg
    crabby.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 731
BenSpurr 10:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
If that tweet is to believed the mayor is in a bar tonight. Hard to imagine a rehab program that would allow that under any circumstances.

Apparently the locale is 19 minutes from his cottage and 45 from Greenstone. I wonder then if the Caddy was there so it could be seen near greenstone....
I also expect Doug will say see? The mayor went out and actually had a coupla pops folks. Nothing to see here!

Maybe not with a woman who has already been booted out of his rehab and got his car impounded for a DUI...

goldsbie 11:46pm via Web
She said he was with a woman who wasn't his wife. I tell her about Leanne McRobb. Her friends pipe up. "Apparently her name *was* Leanne."

Other patrons noted he drank diet coke.

goldsbie 11:48pm via Web
Was he drinking anything or eating anything? "He was drinking orange juice. Well, it appeared to be orange juice, but who knows, right?"

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.52.57 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.04 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.10 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.15 PM.jpg

The evolution of this series of tweets is amazing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.52.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.52.57 PM.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 829
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.04 PM.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 859
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.10 PM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 839
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 11.53.15 PM.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 879
Is Crabby Joe's a bar or a restaurant with a bar? Is he not allowed to go to a restaurant?
Edit: no, I'm not Joe Warmington.

It's a restaurant, and it's kids friendly to boot.

I think some of the Ford haters here get blinded by simple, easy explainable things.

Did I got out to a BAR during my rehab stint? Well, if you county Shoeless Joe's as a bar then yes, I ate dinner with my Dad and watched a ballgame.

Greenestone might be a very lax facility but from my own personal experience rehab is not prison, some rules are hard and fast, no drinking, no drugging, no sex with other patients, beyond that there are curfews etc. People that want to visit with family off site are encouraged as long as it doesn't jeopardize their situation.

Rob spending time with his kids is probably a positive, cut him some slack.

I think some of the Ford haters here get blinded by simple, easy explainable things.

Did I got out to a BAR during my rehab stint? Well, if you county Shoeless Joe's as a bar then yes, I ate dinner with my Dad and watched a ballgame.

Greenestone might be a very lax facility but from my own personal experience rehab is not prison, some rules are hard and fast, no drinking, no drugging, no sex with other patients, beyond that there are curfews etc. People that want to visit with family off site are encouraged as long as it doesn't jeopardize their situation.

That's not the point. When he said he was going to swear off booze, he was still going to bars for lunch and being photographed in them. Here he is in rehab and the world is watching so what does he do? Goes to a bar. Whether he drinks or not is irrelevant, even if he doesn't, it's about optics. The man has no sense. And going out with the woman who caused his car to be impounded and who said she left her watch in his room is beyond dumb.

Is school out?

But it does jeopardize his situation. He's back in a situation where people see him as a celebrity, take photos with him, and then post them all over the internet. He really needs to step back from all that if he's serious about treatment.

I'm sure Greenestone has a lovely visitors area where he can spend some quality time with his children. It's irresponsible to allow frequent outings during so-called inpatient treatment.

Here's a fun little map to play with - a zoomable, mutable map of historical Toronto - which seems to be stitched together from current Bing aerial photography, 1947 aerial photos available online from the Toronto archives and historical atlases/fire insurance plans in the public domain dating from 1818 to 1924.

http://peoplemaps.esri.com/toronto/

Okay, so there's not a lot of detail on the information provided, but you get an idea of where TTC barns/substations might have been back in the day. There are other atlases/fire insurance plans available at the reference library, Toronto Archives and U of T (maybe elsewhere, it's been a while since I went looking), mostly on microfilm/fiche that are under a 90-year copyright protection, but anyone can view/copy them for non-commercial purposes. And there should be some for this area from around the mid 1930s, if you're so inclined. :)

thanks. but wouldn't you know it, you can't see greenwood and queen due to a "map stitch".

i personally don't care enough to be physically checking archives, but there seems to be a connection between ttc substations and 13,000 volts, so likely it was a ttc substation.

jodie simpson ‏@JodiesJumpsuit 1h
Progress: People obscuring own faces after getting a pic w/ Ford. Toronto is rehabbing faster than the mayor. #topoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back