117     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 849     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
bingo. ford really seems to go off the rails in a big way when he'd dealt even a pretty routine political disappointment. losing votes, getting staff turfed, etc - that's everyday stuff in politics. he's actually quite thin-skinned, in a funny way.

After a long absence, Joyce Schertzer was back in TPS's homicide rotation this weekend. What do you think it means?
Are you thinking that Project Brazen II has concluded or is on hold because Schertzer is back on the homicide beat? I do recall Chief Blair on CityTV a few weeks ago saying that Giroux had recently helped solve a murder case, so I suppose it means detectives work on more than one file at a time.

Are you thinking that Project Brazen II has concluded or is on hold because Schertzer is back on the homicide beat? I do recall Chief Blair on CityTV a few weeks ago saying that Giroux had recently helped solve a murder case, so I suppose it means detectives work on more than one file at a time.

I recall Blair saying that but it's the first time I've seen either her or Giroux working on something other than Brazen in a long time. Maybe the chief was trying to downplay the scale of the investigation when he made that comment. Or maybe Schertzer has been quietly active on other files all along. May or may not be a significant sign.

Do you know anyone on Jeffcoat Drive? Does anyone here? Because, I don't.

I don't either, but I do know people on a nearby street - one that happens to be where the cops raided Muhammad Khattak's place. The people I know were upset at Rob Ford for fostering that kind of criminality in their neighbourhood.

I'm sure most people wouldn't choose to have a group home next door, but there are far worse things.

This whole thing has given me a new perspective on life in the suburbs. I have never lived in one. I only know people who grew up in one and then escaped to the city because they hated it. But I have talked to cab drivers here in TO who all seem to like living in Mississauga because it is quiet.

There is one woman on twitter who has been trying to single-handedly defend DoFo and the residents'. She said the 'lefty media' lied about the situation and there were actually 30-50 year olds with mental health issues living in the house. lol She had no proof to back up her claims.

She also said that 'those kinds of people' belong downtown, and not in the suburbs. And that is what I didn't know before: that some people who live in the suburbs think downtown is for all the crazies.

Oh god, that woman.

First they claimed the group home was there because of downtowners trying to force their problems on the suburbs. Then when it was pointed out that the kids were from the area, it became 'Uh, well, downtown is better for them 'cause it's more stimulating. There's nothing to do out here'.

I'm no expert, but I imagine autistic kids have an easier time in the environment they're used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back