News   Jul 02, 2024
 697     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.2K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you are correct.

But, it's possible ( I don't know if they will, because I'm not an expert ) that the city may do a property assessment if requested to do so by the residents.

MPAC assessments have nothing to do with reality. Is there an "institutional neighbour" discount In the equation like there would be if you lived next to a subway station? Would be interesting to hear from someone who actually knows.

Regardless, If your neighbour is a hoarder or a biker or a poorly-maintained tchc rental or a rooming house full of drug addicts your property will have a harder time selling than if it were a nice, white heterosexual couple. And that means there is a discount on your selling price (which may or may not factor in to your formal assessment). Not very PC but that's the hard truth.

However, for that to mean anything, you 1) have to actually be selling your home and 2) potential buyers need to know about the "problem neighbour." Since none of the Bunkers on the street are actually selling and they've done everything they can to avoid keeping the group home out of the public eye, then they can sleep in the bed they just made.

If Doug were smart he'd ask all the neighbours to file an MPAC appeal, and then he could take credit for all the tax he's saved them. Assuming, of course, that they are Deco customers.

Last edited:
Ha :) MM didn't start it. That rumour was on here last year after crackgate. And other UTers have said they have heard the same rumours. Jimmi T ( I believe) said that he had heard it was a girl from Dixon.
It is like the rumours that DoFo was a hash dealer in high school. I heard those rumours from multiple sources a long time before the Globe printed its article. If it is coming from multiple sources who don't know each other, then there is likely to be some truth to it.

If you DO buy into the sex tape speculation, how else could it have come about?

Here's the thing: I'm not sure the sex-tape tale is coming from multiple sources. Nobody claims to have seen it, and if one was made — lord knows anything seems possible these days — I don't think there would have been a lot people around at the time to confirm its existence. Doug hash history, on the other hand, would have been known by loads of people at his school. Heck, even I heard it long before our current scandals, and I didn't move to Toronto until 2004. IMO, the hash and sex-tape stories are different animals, and I think it's much harder to make the case that the tape story derives from multiple sources. The only possible exception is the brief appearance by a woman on Twitter a few weeks back who claimed to know the girl involved. But who can say if any of that was legit?

This occurred to me as well. It may also just be a matter of Thug doubling down the pandering to "the base" because he realizes they're all he has left. And let's face it, beating up on smaller, weaker targets - like autistic kids, say - gets right to the heart and soul (such as it is) of Ford Nayshun.

Whatever the specifics, it had the feeling of a calculated move to me. Thug's been AWOL in his ward for weeks now; months, even. And he decides to resurface to make this nasty little stand? No, he obviously figures he has something to gain here. Though in fairness, I should mention I do think he was expressing his opinion honestly, being that he's a worthless piece of scum and all.

But again--what's what appears to be this "base"? Judging from tweets posted a few pages ago, it sounds like same-old same-old meddlesome locals--almost the sort who'd harass young families of colour moving in because their kids might turn out to be gangbangers...

Drunken stupor?

EDIT: Dammit, sno man got there first.

RoFo uses drunken stupor as an excuse for doing crack. And the two known videos were probably filmed surreptitiously.

But getting a bj from a minor is orders of magnitude in severity. Surely, if I were him, I'd do a Justin Bieber and make sure all cell phones are in safe hands before I'd even drop trou.

But getting a bj from a minor is orders of magnitude in severity. Surely, if I were him, I'd do a Justin Bieber and make sure all cell phones are in safe hands before I'd even drop trou.

ok prepare yourself......
00tinfoilhatcat.jpg

What if RoFo was in a 'party room' at Muzik....and Muzik has hidden cameras in there? Just like there are supposed to be hidden cameras in Las Vegas hotel rooms. :) The footage could be used to blackmail, or get certain councillors to vote certain ways etc. Some staffer made a copy of the footage, and showed it to a few people. It got shown to enough people that word started to get around. But the actual footage didn't get released.

Conspiracy cat likes this theory.

Attachments

• 00tinfoilhatcat.jpg
    00tinfoilhatcat.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,091
From an equity ananlyst's report:

GRST Corporate Description:

“GreeneStone Healthcare Corporation (GRST) operates medical and healthcare clinics in Ontario, Canada. GreeneStone's clinics serve to add overflow capacity to an increasingly stretched provincial healthcare system, and provide private alternatives to publicly available healthcare services. Its four medical clinics (three in Toronto, along with a facility in Muskoka, Ontario) offer various medical services, including addiction treatment, endoscopy, minor cosmetic procedures, and executive health care services. The Company currently has more than 60 employees and is based in North York, Ontario.”

GRST Management:
Name Age Position Director /Officer Since:

Shawn E. Leon 54 Chief Executive Officer, President, Director November 2010
Dr. Luke Fazio 37 Director May 2010
Michael Howlett 67 Director April 2011
Ken Lorimer 58 Chief Financial Officer March 2013

Shawn E. Leon, age 52, Chief Executive Officer, President, Director: Shawn E. Leon has been an officer and director of the Company since November 2010 and served as the President of the Company’s subsidiaries at all times. In April 2011, Mr. Leon as appointed as the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Leon held the role of President of Greenestone Clinic Inc., Leon Developments Ltd, Port Carling Inn Developments Ltd., 1871 at the Locks Developments Ltd. and JLeon Developments Ltd. since 2008, 2008, 2008, 2008 and 2006 respectively. Mr. Leon graduated with Honors in Business Administration, Wilfrid Laurier University in 1982. Mr. Leon was elected to the Board because of his prior management experience.

Dr. Luke Fazio, age 37, Director: Dr. Luke Fazio, MD, CM, FRCSC has been a member of the Company’s Board since May 2010. Dr. Fazio completed his medical school training at McGill University in Montreal in 1999. He performed his training in Urology at the University of Western Ontario and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in 2004. Dr. Fazio went on to a fellowship in endourology and minimally-invasive surgery at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto in association with the University of Toronto. Dr. Fazio has been on staff as an attending urologist at Kingston General Hospital in association with Queen’s University. Dr. Fazio is currently on staff at Humber River Hospital in Toronto, practicing general urology with a special interest in the management of urinary stones and minimally-invasive surgery. Dr. Fazio was elected to the Board because of his business and medical knowledge.

Michael Howlett, age 67, Director: Michael Howlett has served as a member of the Company’s Board since April 2011. Mr. Howlett brings more than three decades of experience in the private sector. He currently serves as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Carmichael & Holmes Inc., a California based consulting firm specializing in corporate governance and communication and providing these consulting services to clients throughout the United States, Canada, England and Europe. Prior to joining Carmichael, Mr. Howlett served as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Preston Group (“Preston”), an office furniture distributor. In his role at Preston, Mr. Howlett was responsible for strategic planning, operations and mergers and acquisitions. Additionally, Mr. Howlett served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Diabetes Association from September 2003 to April 2008, leading the organization to national and international recognition through its research, education programs and influence in changing public policy. In 2008, Mr. Howlett accepted an invitation from the Canadian Government to direct the two-year launch of the Mental Health Commission (“MHC”). Mr. Howlett developed the financial, strategic and operational framework that would support the MHC’s ten-year mandate to generate awareness and understanding of mental health. Mr. Howlett was added to the Board for his invaluable experience in the Mental Health field.

Ken Lorimer, age 58, Chief Financial Officer: Ken Lorimer was appointed as the Company’s Chief Financial Officer in March 2013. Prior to Mr. Lorimer’s appointment, he served as the Company’s primary accountant from March 2011 to March 2013, where he oversaw all of the Company’s accounting functions. Prior to joining the Company, from January 1994 to February 2011, Mr. Lorimer operated as sole practitioner providing management consulting services to various companies in industries from manufacturing to real estate development. Prior to starting his management consulting practice, from 1984 to 1993, Mr. Lorimer served as the Chief Financial Officer of Terrazzo Mosaic & Tile Company Limited, which was one of the largest commercial finishing trade companies in North America. Mr. Lorimer received his Bachelor of Business Management from Ryerson University in 1979.

Beneficial Ownership: As of 4/1/13, all current directors / officers and 5% owners together beneficially owned 11.4 million shares, or approximately 45% of the then outstanding common shares. The largest shareholder was CEO Shawn Leon, with 6.8 million shares.

Introduction:

GreeneStone Healthcare Corporation (GRST) operates medical and healthcare clinics in Ontario, Canada. GreeneStone's clinics serve to add overflow capacity to an increasingly stretched provincial healthcare system, and provide private alternatives to publicly available healthcare services. Its four medical clinics (three in Toronto, along with a facility in Muskoka, Ontario) offer various medical services, including addiction treatment, endoscopy, minor cosmetic procedures, and executive health care services. The Company currently has more than 60 employees and is based in North York, Ontario. GRST operates through two wholly owned subsidiaries:
GreeneStone Muskoka Addiction Treatment Facility: GreeneStone provides expert care in the treatment and recovery of those with substance abuse issues, offering a comfortable and private environment where executives and professionals are able to find the individualized care that they need. Located in a resort setting in scenic Muskoka, Ontario and equipped with holistic spa services, delicious, nutritious and seasonal menus offered through its Lodge Restaurant, and a full suite of fitness and recreation facilities, GreeneStone is a place where patients can heal, rest and recover while under the care of a multidisciplinary team of skilled and experienced professionals. GreeneStone physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses, nutritionists and physical fitness experts work collaboratively to produce the best treatment outcomes.

ok prepare yourself......
View attachment 26600

What if RoFo was in a 'party room' at Muzik....and Muzik has hidden cameras in there? Just like there are supposed to be hidden cameras in Las Vegas hotel rooms. :) The footage could be used to blackmail, or get certain councillors to vote certain ways etc. Some staffer made a copy of the footage, and showed it to a few people. It got shown to enough people that word started to get around. But the actual footage didn't get released.

Conspiracy cat likes this theory.

Hmmm..........interesting theory.

IIRC, the vote to ban EDM carried by 3 to 2. Mammo and Grimes and one other voted in favour of the ban. Layton and one other was against.

Did Mammo or Grimes ever party at Muzik?

Minors turning tricks for drugs or money to buy clothes, name brand whatever? The latter motivation is apparently quite prevalent in Japan, of all places, or so I've read.

My biggest problem with the sex tape scenario is how or why RoFo could let this happen. Even he would understand this is the final nail in the coffin.

Yeah, it's like he'd have to be out of his mind on crack or something...

Hmmm..........interesting theory.

IIRC, the vote to ban EDM carried by 3 to 2. Mammo and Grimes and one other voted in favour of the ban. Layton and one other was against.

Did Mammo or Grimes ever party at Muzik?

Grimes, Mammo and Lindsay Luby vs.Layton and Perks, acrimonious between Mammo and Perks, but no citation of Grimes and Mammo ever being feted came up for me.

Last edited:
And what about this "First Phase of Strategic Financing"? Does this mean they're losing control of their Yorkville out-patient treatment?

From what I have seen on-line (a couple of dozen docs, many by various penny stock follower-types plus the parent company's recent SEC filings), it does not seem that the 'strategic' (in single quotes because it is boring bumpf that I would be ashamed to use myself with a straight face) financing proposal went anywhere.

Last edited:
GreeneStone is going to have a serious PR issue on their hands when Ford makes his spectacular fall off the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back