1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Ford: "I've never seen Rob in a fetal position."

Earlier: "I've never seen the Mayor use a computer."

Hell, it's not like anyone's thinking of suing anyone, amiright?
Lord knows, I despise Mammoliti, like, before it was cool. But I'm also wary of the closing of ranks so abundantly illustrated in the Garrison incident.

He also has never seen Rob take a drink.

BnnDPWSIUAEYYBb_SpaceyHarperLisiMammogrumpCat.jpg

Attachments

• BnnDPWSIUAEYYBb_SpaceyHarperLisiMammogrumpCat.jpg
    BnnDPWSIUAEYYBb_SpaceyHarperLisiMammogrumpCat.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 726
I feel like we shouldn't underestimate his reluctance to do anything in a transparent and above-board fashion. It's possible that he did all of his internetting on a personal device so that it wouldn't be accessed though FOI. I can't help thinking about how he doesn't believe in letting councillors have budgets and avoids submitting expense claims for perfectly reasonable things. Some of that may be because he actually isn't doing anything he could legitimately expense but some of it is just ludicrous -- I seem to recall he paid for his own official City stationery out of pocket and appeared not to understand during the conflict of interest that didn't mean he could just use it to write letters about his football foundation.

Similarly a staffer could sign in on his desktop, and walk away. *Poof* it wasn't him.
Having said that, my gut says he's mostly tech-phobic, many examples of his aversion exist, his filebox full of constituent call data, each on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper rather than the whole box on a 5.25" floppy was the first clue.

There are plenty of people older than him (myself by 4 years give or take) that embrace the computers and smartphones and the intertubes. (Even if we(I) HATE how UT looks on the smartphone... Why are there two random sizes of small (okay) and microscopic (notsomuch) type of the posts on every page?)

Not to return to grammar (heaven forbid), but note the placement of the comma.

That's right, pud99! You instigated what would prove to be a dramatic cull, a veritable thread civil-war! I even got caught up in the sweep, I, who is so cautionary!
This is hard for me to say, but, on sober second-reflection...thanks for preserving my reputation, mods.

That's right, pud99! You instigated what would prove to be a dramatic cull, a veritable thread civil-war! I even got caught up in the sweep, I, who is so cautionary!
This is hard for me to say, but, on sober second-reflection...thanks for preserving my reputation, mods.

Well, I'm not perfect. Maybe some others are.

I keep checking twitter to see if Michael Cooke has posted the front page of tomorrow's Star. Nothing, yet. I figured they'd post a bombshell to commemorate the anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back