580     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 683     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tangential aside: accupuncture is faaaar from "hippy dippy". It has been around, and helping people heal, a lot longer than rehab, psychology, or contemporary western medicine.
Accupuncture (and massage etc) would probably help people in recovery A LOT. Trauma is stored in the body in different ways. Working with the body helps to release the emotions around that trauma, which in turn, helps someone understand their addictive behaviour.

I have already postulated a theory which would explain that. It was posted a few pages back.

ETA: To save you searching:

Another theory about Doug - whom, I agree, is a chronic liar. (1) There are many hyper-obese white males in Toronto, some of whom are blond, somewhat balding, and aged somewhere around mid-40s. In the current atmosphere, it seems quite plausible that a few people may have ID'd someone as Rob simply out of a natural over-eagerness to have spotted the notorious Rob. (2) Rob is somewhere in the GTA (applying the universal rule that any denial by Doug means the opposite). (3) Doug fears that indeed Rob may have managed to cut loose from wherever he is. (4) The fabricated narrative that Doug was at the Tim Hortons is intended to cover for the possibility that Rob may have escaped for a while and been spotted and conveniently reinforce the claim Rob is not in the GTA. If indeed Rob was not somewhere in the GTA then Doug would only have had to say that the ID was erroneous, not go on to confabulate the nonsensical tale that he was at Tim's in order to cover off a risk that it might have been Rob out on a temporary scarper.

I think we're in agreement there - if DoFo isn't sure about something, or if he thinks it might be potentially damaging, he opts for a lie immediately.

Tangential aside: accupuncture is faaaar from "hippy dippy". It has been around, and helping people heal, a lot longer than rehab, psychology, or contemporary western medicine.
Accupuncture (and massage etc) would probably help people in recovery A LOT. Trauma is stored in the body in different ways. Working with the body helps to release the emotions around that trauma, which in turn, helps someone understand their addictive behaviour.

Considering RoFo's current physical condition, are standard accupuncture needles adequate?

I have had people in my life who tried rehab several times (and failed) and it infuriates me to no end that the Ford's are using this as some sort of sick prop to extend an election campaign.

Those two clods will get every ounce of bad karma coming to them in this life and hopefully in a few others...
Oh how I wish I could believe in karma! The same could be said for his rabid supporters whose nastiness has no limits.

This week on Facebook I posted something about not believing this story. A couple of people agreed and then one of them was attacked by several ford supporters. Their willingness to berate a complete stranger shows how desperate they feel. I keep the page for business and these "friends" are unfortunately clients or business contacts, but that'll teach me for expressing myself in a work setting. This incident is indicative of the mindset of Ford and followers; we do what we want and if challenged we will lie or attack.

There are few subjects which cause people to divide by pro/con so absolutely. Good work Ford bros. nice bridge building.

I respect Jude a lot and she's a valuable voice in #TOPoli, but I cannot stand people trying to referee open discussions about politics or the actions of politicians. I also think she deliberately hinted at having inside info which she may or may not have in order to direct the conversation. She also is into RTing a lot of self-righteous so-called addiction experts who are only interested in shaming anyone who says anything at all about drugs or treatment facilities who is themselves not an addict.

I'm a family member of an addict, and I will tell you I was more angry at the people who tried to use the "addiction is an illness" line to exonerate their actions, which is the last thing programs like AA teach. Powerlessness over alcoholism isn't absolution from alcoholic behaviours.

I am now running with the theory that Ford is taking time off for weight loss surgery. His shithead family is constantly talking about his weight as the overarching issue, even in spite of everything else. By and large, most people's exposure to him is him being captured on camera, and what better way to say "Look, I've changed!" than a dramatic physically tangible change? He will claim that he "got clean" in rehab and cutting the booze helped him lose the weight, even though it's just the result of lypo and lap-band surgery (according to my working theory, anyway).

I was intrigued on behalf of Rob...

http://www.ellnerbariatric.com/your-education/gastric-bypass/other-faq.html

Q: Can a person drink alcohol after gastric bypass surgery?

Alcohol is basically a type of sugar and it slows down a patient’s weight loss and may cause dumping syndrome. It contains lots of calories and is not nutritional. After surgery, alcohol enters the blood stream more quickly than before surgery. The intoxicating effects of alcohol occur sooner than before surgery and after smaller amounts are ingested. A patient who has had gastric bypass surgery absorbs FOUR times as much alcohol from a given drink versus before surgery. It is best to avoid drinking alcohol for at least six months after surgery, since it can be irritating to the stomach pouch and cause ulcers. You may choose to drink alcohol after the six month mark, but only do so on special, rare occasions, and NEVER drive within 24 hours of having an alcoholic beverage.

I agree with what Jude M was quoted as saying earlier. Ford and his antics have become like crack to a lot of us.
I expressed something similar a few days ago. The larger tragedy is not that our city is being held hostage by this man with addiction and mental health issues. It is that by being taken in by his antics, we have lost sight of our own vision for the city.

Q: Can a person drink alcohol after gastric bypass surgery?

Alcohol is basically a type of sugar and it slows down a patient’s weight loss and may cause dumping syndrome. It contains lots of calories and is not nutritional. After surgery, alcohol enters the blood stream more quickly than before surgery. The intoxicating effects of alcohol occur sooner than before surgery and after smaller amounts are ingested. A patient who has had gastric bypass surgery absorbs FOUR times as much alcohol from a given drink versus before surgery. It is best to avoid drinking alcohol for at least six months after surgery, since it can be irritating to the stomach pouch and cause ulcers. You may choose to drink alcohol after the six month mark, but only do so on special, rare occasions, and NEVER drive within 24 hours of having an alcoholic beverage.

This would be a death sentence for an active alcoholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back