360     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 580     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, the reported Bieber run-in at Muzik somewhat affirms my speculation that once Ford's "groupie fan base" starts actually *verbalizing* the "crackhead mayor" thing to him, sparks'd fly...

I dunno, DD. The tweet starts with the word "if." I read it as saying "if something is going to happen, it will happen soon. Otherwise, it won't happen." Sure, MM is excitable and probably past his best-before date, but I think he usually does an adequate job of qualifying his comments.

I'm not suggesting he promised a warrant, I simply noted that Metroman said IF it happened it WILL happen in the next 48 hours and noted that 48 hours has passed. My question was do we (or does he) think this means it will never happen?

says inappropriate things about sex and women like he has no experience at all with them.

Good point. There's a real base crudity to his lingo, like he's a pre-pubescent who just discovered his father's stash of girlie mags or something...

They can never take that away from us.

"There's a bizarre burnt rubber smell wafting through the City Hall rotunda."
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/452664840612376577

Funny that this should be brought up, because I was thinking of this yesterday in the context of what has happened since. The reporters did say that the odour was stronger in an area away from Ford's office. I have the knowledge of a gnat when it comes to hvac systems in large buildings, but I was thinking - could it be possible that the ventilation system was carrying it from his office to another area?

I'm not suggesting he promised a warrant, I simply noted that Metroman said IF it happened it WILL happen in the next 48 hours and noted that 48 hours has passed. My question was do we (or does he) think this means it will never happen?

That's how I read it.

MM is rapidly becoming like that third season of Homeland. You want it to be good because it was so great in the past, but deep down you know it should have packed things in and left on a high long ago.

I was gonna binge watch season 3. I guess I should skip it?

Funny that this should be brought up, because I was thinking of this yesterday in the context of what has happened since. The reporters did say that the odour was stronger in an area away from Ford's office. I have the knowledge of a gnat when it comes to hvac systems in large buildings, but I was thinking - could it be possible that the ventilation system was carrying it from his office to another area?

Possible. Remembering that the building ( remarkable as it is ) is about 50 years old.

Based on the tweets leading up to it, I think that Metroman was saying that a warrant based on this specific basement crack-smoking incident would happen within the next 48 hours. I don't think that that necessarily rules out any future search warrants ever.

It also makes me think that it's damningly cynical of the late Flaherty, Doug Holyday, John Tory and every other right-winger who endorsed, supported or was a fellow-traveler of the Ford's. Good enough for the citizens of Toronto, good enough to be the public face of these cruelly Machiavellian manipulations.

Not to defend them, but it's unlikely they knew much about Ford no matter how well they knew his dad. They are all much older than Rob and only probably associated with him as one does with a friend's children.
"Hi Mr. Flaherty"
"How are you Robbie?"
"Good Mr. Flaherty, I'm thinking of running for council. Would you give me a reference?",
"Good for you! Happy to Robbie."

They likely knew very little of his antics on council and believed the media had most of it wrong especially if the Fords said something reported was untrue (as they are known to do). Most of his ilk believe the media is slanted towards Liberals.

Good gawd, I was up all night. Twitter and this thread were mesmerizing.

I couldn't remember which incident took place April 5 so I went back and read through it. I could feel my heart beat faster as I read it!

They can never take that away from us.

"There's a bizarre burnt rubber smell wafting through the City Hall rotunda."
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/452664840612376577

LOL, that was so funny. Then Dale showed up and made a comment that something smells funny.

I am hoping they put through a FOI for that night, specifically to see who signed in, because it wasn't just Ford (and maybe he didn't sign the people from the ACC in) and also to see what time the Escalade left. All we know is he went to City Hall, hung around while a burnt rubber smell wafted through the rotunda, left in a cab and then the next day, people from the sit-in said his car was gone but that was later in the day. He probably drove home that night after going to Muzik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back