369     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 583     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more. I guess that's why he's such a fruitful subject for speculation.

Mama Ford could be an alcoholic as well, and could have started the addiction journey for her kids via fetal alcohol syndrome. RoFo doesn't have all the signs, but some, and he could be on the mild end of the spectrum.

Mama Ford could be an alcoholic as well, and could have started the addiction journey for her kids via fetal alcohol syndrome. RoFo doesn't have all the signs, but some, and he could be on the mild end of the spectrum.

I've wondered about FAS/FAE as well, especially with Rob and Kathy. Could also be just what Rob has done to his brain over years of drugs and heavy drinking.

MM is rapidly becoming like that third season of Homeland. You want it to be good because it was so great in the past, but deep down you know it should have packed things in and left on a high long ago.

I wanted to see MM go out like Ted Williams. Hitting a home run in his very last at-bat ( tweet ).

"Let's go. We've seen everything. I don't want to spoil it."

No, sorry. Nobody with his racist, homophobic, sexist attitudes should be coaching anything.

I would venture that you will hear sexism and homophobic comments from 60% of guys coaching older boys/young men in any sport. It's part of the culture. What sets Ford apart is he's like that off the field/locker room too. Plus the drug use/alcohol addiction/ love of gangster life/ violence/ threats/ etc.

Of course the Star says this...

Nothing against the Star, and I've had to refresh my cache for their site more than any others, but this higher ground bs is solely based on the fact that they didn't have the opportunity to break the other stories first.

He comes off as a politician saying that I think.

You may very well be right. However, I still say good on the Star for going after other issues that need investigating and that people have been clamouring on about. The drugs really are old news but the cronyism and possible corruption is merely supposition and needs investigating IMO.

I think that it's very difficult for many of us here, when trying to discern Rob's motives or strategies, to keep in mind just how stupid he is. It was shocking when council footage showed him utterly failing to comprehend what a LRT was. Early this morning, the old reporting on the conflict of interest case by The Grid's Edward Keenan forcefully bought this home to me.

Perhaps that is our problem. Despite what we have all seen, it's just difficult to believe anyone so retarded (no attacks please - I mean the literal definition) could be elected Mayor.

Yet we have seen enough to know that he's slow to learn, has difficulty grasping basic concepts. Does not read the materials he's supposed to. He is resistant to advice, gets defensive when challenge, refuses to improve, maintains delusions despite being presented with facts, believes he is the best at everything and trusts the wrong people.

We've called it in the past, he's a dullard; a slow, stupid person. An ignoramus and a cretin - yet he is our Mayor.

As far as I can tell, his brother and the rest of his family are well aware of little Robbie's foibles but are so ambitious and want to maintain the facade of the Ford dynasty. They probably knew Rob would be in too deep as Mayor which is why Doug became part of the package.

It is very telling that every time Doug is out of town, that's when Rob goes full free-range.

When it comes to Rob Ford, the simple answer is probably true. He's not complicated.

He said "it will happen within" not "it would require approximately" (see below). I understand the allegiance to Metroman as he was a source of much good information here in the early days of this (now almost year old) scandal. But his sources are gone, his predictions rarely amount to anything anymore and his rhetoric is over-the-top.

Metroman: "If a warrant is going to be executed, it will happen within the next 48hrs. Watch Momma Ford's and Kathy's homes for signs."

I dunno, DD. The tweet starts with the word "if." I read it as saying "if something is going to happen, it will happen soon. Otherwise, it won't happen." Sure, MM is excitable and probably past his best-before date, but I think he usually does an adequate job of qualifying his comments.

...Yet we have seen enough to know that he's slow to learn, has difficulty grasping basic concepts. Does not read the materials he's supposed to. He is resistant to advice, gets defensive when challenge, refuses to improve, maintains delusions despite being presented with facts, believes he is the best at everything and trusts the wrong people.

We've called it in the past, he's a dullard; a slow, stupid person. An ignoramus and a cretin - yet he is our Mayor.

As far as I can tell, his brother and the rest of his family are well aware of little Robbie's foibles but are so ambitious and want to maintain the facade of the Ford dynasty. They probably knew Rob would be in too deep as Mayor which is why Doug became part of the package...

It also makes me think that it's damningly cynical of the late Flaherty, Doug Holyday, John Tory and every other right-winger who endorsed, supported or was a fellow-traveler of the Ford's. Good enough for the citizens of Toronto, good enough to be the public face of these cruelly Machiavellian manipulations.

I don't think Sandro or Kathy were in on any kind of plot. Nor am I convinced Doug went to Chicago specifically to scout rehab facilities I mean, 10 days? Really? That said, I do believe that rehab is/was part of a campaign strategy. And Doug may have scouted some options on his trip (in addition to other biz) especially if word that Rob has been overindulging for a number of weeks is true. My guess is that Rob saw the writing on the wall and drove his own bus over the cliff with a weekend of partying. Sort of like a farewell tour. Kathy and Sandro were just passengers. It reminds of what he did when he confessed to crack use in the first place. He was being impulsive and acting alone.

that's all equally plausible. i may have my Episode 9, Season 2, House Of Cards hat on too tight.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/house-of-cards-recap-season-2-claire-photo-scandal.html

anyway, even if it it turns out to not be true in this case, there's no question in my mind that the permanently damaged, drug-addled and abused person of Kathy could be bullied, sweet talked, cajoled, or bought off in any number of ways by brother Doug.

I just want to add to this...

MM never speculated or implied that he had any knowledge of an imminent search warrant. The idea that he did was invented within this forum. I'm not in the habit of defending MM (or anyone, virtually), but I do remember looking at his twitter feed at the time and seeing that the 48 hours thing was taken out of context when posted here. Now it's seem to have taken a bit of a life of its own.

For the record, here's how it played out in MM's twitter feed - go back and check for yourself:

It started when he retweeted this from CityNews:

Alleged Rob Ford video may be enough for search warrant: legal expert
http://bit.ly/1mj94Oo #TOpoli
6:17 PM - 1 May 2014

Then he tweeted his own thoughts about that article:

If I were Kathy Ford, I'd be taking out the trash and scrubbing down my basement.
9:16 PM - 1 May 2014

You can't completely rid a home of vestiges of drugs without leaving a trail of evidence (ie. pro cleaning services or equipment rentals)
9:35 PM - 1 May 2014

If a warrant is going to be executed, it will happen within the next 48hrs. Watch Momma Ford's and Kathy's homes for signs.
9:35 PM - 1 May 2014

As you can see, he never said 'with confidence' that there would be a search warrant within 48 hours. MM was just adding his own thoughts/speculation about the original CityNews story. Just like we in this forum add our own thoughts and speculation to every scrap of news.

There may be cases where MM has indeed made statements with a bit more confidence than he would in hindsight... but I really don't think this was one of them when you review his timeline in context.

Someone used the fitting metaphor of chasing the dragon to describe our emotions regarding this story and it definitely rings true with me.

I read the headlines on Wednesday and was left unsatisfied.

As someone who has had great success with rehab, I felt a little sick that he would use the program for political gain while trivializing all those who actually recognize their problems and seek help.

I normally have so much empathy for other addicts and alcoholics but Ford has tapped me.

I will only catch the dragon when Rob does the perp walk with his brother following behind.

that's all equally plausible. i may have my Episode 9, Season 2, House Of Cards hat on too tight.

*arch voice* I do so hope you're going to get on to the original and vastly superior British version.

BBC House of Cards - The Best FU moments

Someone used the fitting metaphor of chasing the dragon to describe our emotions regarding this story and it definitely rings true with me.

I'm never going to experience another night like April 5th in this thread.

Last edited:
Funny you say that... I had kind of convinced myself that Rob truly understood the truth about the pride flag bru-haha. That he knew perfectly well that it wasn't "replacing" the Canadian flag and he was spewing fake outrage in order to galvanize and fire up his base. Morally objectionable for sure but very clever politics.

But then you hear the recent audio recording of his bar rant and you realize that no... he was ACTUALLY very angry about that situation because he didn't understand what was happening. Let's face it... the man is an imbecile and very likely has an intellectual disability.

My guess is low I.Q. combined with A.D.D., and perhaps a little reading comprehension issues thrown in for fun.

His favourite part of the job is campaigning; competing for the job like it's a game.
He's against libaries, things that get in the way of car-car's, likes trains, becomes flustered and uses his outdoor voice when reporters ask too many hard questions, gets bored, loves selfies, hangs out with people half his age, taunts people he doesn't like, loses his attention and begins to act out when other people are speaking at council, says inappropriate things about sex and women like he has no experience at all with them. He's the best dad ever, best Mayor ever. Has the best lawyer ever. My dad is better than your dad. Uh, uh... no mine is.

Let's face it, Toronto elected a man with the brain capacity of a 12 year old boy to be Mayor and some people still don't see anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back