704     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were neighbours lol because I grew up in the same kind of neighbourhood. It's still considered the same way. But I don't remember my neighbours being "Honey Boo Boo" types. We/they may not have been rich but we/they were not stupid. Ford Nation is a different sort of animal ...

It's not uneducated, it's anti-intellectual. That's also why Rob can be a millionaire with street cred for looking out for the little guy.

Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 10.37.40 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 10.37.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 10.37.40 AM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 717
Sounds like how Ford operates.

"TCHC was a mess, and I brought Jones in to fix it. If that ruffled a few feathers from the unions and Miller's gravy train appointees then so be it. They're just mad that they they couldn't just sit back and take in the gravy. Now we're on the right track. Had to be done. Actions speak louder than words. Subways."

I think we were neighbours lol because I grew up in the same kind of neighbourhood. It's still considered the same way. But I don't remember my neighbours being "Honey Boo Boo" types. We/they may not have been rich but we/they were not stupid. Ford Nation is a different sort of animal ...

Ahhh... I didn't say they were Honey Boo Boo types. I said they were "uneducated" (a word I despise which is generally tossed around to mean "stupid").

You know, given all this supposed "bigger than Ford himself" criminal stuff, I'd really just like it if the TPS would pop him for being profoundly intoxicated behind the wheel (before he hurts anyone) and thrown behind bars/convicted. Get him off our plates and the rest of the sordid stuff can come out in the wash....

It's not uneducated, it's anti-intellectual. That's also why Rob can be a millionaire with street cred for looking out for the little guy.

Don't disagree but to be fair, I think "honey boo boo" types might be both.

Ahhh... I didn't say they were Honey Boo Boo types. I said they were "uneducated" (a word I despise which is generally tossed around to mean "stupid").

I didn't say our neighbours were honey boo boo types either. I agreed they weren't.

If this had happened under Miller's watch while Ford was a councillor, he'd be having a hissy fit right about now. But, since he's now the mayor, he supports Jones 100%. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
Report also finds that Jones hired Councillor Vincent Crisanti's executive assistant without competition, promoted her six months

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
later to manager, then made her a senior director, for a $30,000 raise. She had volunteered on Rob Ford's 2010 campaign.

AoD

I bet 911 is thrilled about that

Pud99 sent me a PM noting that this is from a parody account -- sorry Pud, but the system wouldn't let me reply to you via PM.

I know that's a parody account, but not everyone will. People skim and scan, and these parody accounts look very realistic so there may well be people who think it's ok to call 911. Of course, if they do, they could blame the Mayor :)

"TCHC was a mess, and I brought Jones in to fix it. If that ruffled a few feathers from the unions and Miller's gravy train appointees then so be it. They're just mad that they they couldn't just sit back and take in the gravy. Now we're on the right track. Had to be done. Actions speak louder than words. Subways."
If Ford supports Jones 100%, even after today, should we then take that as an assumption that Jones has a criminal record we are unaware of?

Ahhhh, I didn't imply that my neighbours were Honey Boo Boo types. I said they were often brilliant despite a lack of education. The area suffered from a bad reputation probably based around the facts that it was surrounded by stinky factories and unsightly car part yards.

If you had to be tested for lead poisoning in the 1970's perhaps we were neighbours.

(EDITED*** Sorry, somehow my first writing got posted)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back