News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ MetroMan pisses me off these days

He is literally saying "I know nothing about anything, but I like to mention that I have sources so I'm going to post this worthless nonsense anyway"

Christ on a cracker someone get this guy off his Twitter celebrity high

Like really buddy, people don't know what's happening until it's happening? Fuckin' tell me more, this is *NEWS*.

You could always stop following him - it's pretty easy to do you know?

Also, with 297 tables for 10 set up, and the space between those tables subtracted too, there could not not have been a great deal of room left at the front or the sides, so it seems implausible that there could have been 2,000 (the G&M's number and Toronto Life's number) standing at the front and lined up.

I don't doubt the 2000 figure, but I think perhaps that many people came through and were not all there at the same time. When I arrived around 6:00 there were already people leaving with their Bobbleheads and other trinkets. Many people seemed to spend the whole time in lineups for stuff.

The atmosphere was pretty dead overall. Lots of action around the firetruck as people took photos, etc.... but around the tables it was mostly a snoozefest with bored-looking people. During the speeches and rah rah rah session, things got crowded around the stage, but that crowded area wasn't really all that big. Beyond the "mosh pit" it was again quite dead, with many people still standing around in their lineups or quietly sitting at scattered tables.

Another thing to point out about the "mosh pit" and much of the crowd in general: There were quite a few media people, bloggers, and general photographers/gawkers (like myself) taking up space. Many definitely-not-Ford-supporters there.

-Vic

Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.58.22 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.58.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.58.22 AM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 730
And Robbie just reiterated his support for Gene no matter what the out come... it's nice to know Gene shares Robbie's leadership skills, or lack therefore of:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 9m
Ombudsman's report on TCHC is out

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 7m
Ombudsman Fiona Crean's report on TCHC alleges senior TCHC management repeatedly broke TCHC recruitment rules

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 7m
"The CEO believed it was his prerogative to do as he wanted & that he had no responsibility for knowing the rules" Ombudsman on TCHC

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
"All these changes created chaos" #TO Ombudsman on 88 staffers leaving TCHC (mostly involuntarily) since CEO Gene Jones arrived

I don't doubt the 2000 figure, but I think perhaps that many people came through and were not all there at the same time. When I arrived around 6:00 there were already people leaving with their Bobbleheads and other trinkets. Many people seemed to spend the whole time in lineups for stuff.

The atmosphere was pretty dead overall. Lots of action around the firetruck as people took photos, etc.... but around the tables it was mostly a snoozefest with bored-looking people. During the speeches and rah rah rah session, things got crowded around the stage, but that crowded area wasn't really all that big. Beyond the "mosh pit" it was again quite dead, with many people still standing around in their lineups or quietly sitting at scattered tables.

Another thing to point out about the "mosh pit" and much of the crowd in general: There were quite a few media people, bloggers, and general photographers/gawkers (like myself) taking up space. Many definitely-not-Ford-supporters there.

-Vic

Thanks for that! Your comments above gave me a better idea of what went on that night than all the media reports combined.

You know, given all this supposed "bigger than Ford himself" criminal stuff, I'd really just like it if the TPS would pop him for being profoundly intoxicated behind the wheel (before he hurts anyone) and thrown behind bars/convicted. Get him off our plates and the rest of the sordid stuff can come out in the wash....

After watching that video of interviews with Ford supporters at his campaign launch, it's obvious that these people are about as unsophisticated as they get. I come from an area that was once considered the wrong side of the tracks and had a bad reputation of being populated by uneducated, lead-poisoned labourers. I get annoyed when I hear people call Ford supporters "uneducated" as that would describe most of my old neighbours, many of whom were forced out of school early for economic reasons; but they were not stupid. Some of them were downright brilliant. I would love to know what they'd make of the Ford phenomenon today.

Watching Ford's supporters talk on camera was cringe-worthy. That stupid singer chick Jenny (?), and the steak queen guy could barely articulate a thought. They have no political opinion which is not spoon fed to them and in the case of the singer, she wasn't even able to give a compelling reason why she likes Ford. She's either an opportunist or a fat-daddy fetish.

Hilariously, an older man described himself as a political junkie who wakes at 5 a.m. to read all the newspapers. Well, he can't be absorbing much because he still apparently believes wholeheartedly that Ford's bullshit is truth. He the nerve to call everyone else "ignorant".

I think we were neighbours lol because I grew up in the same kind of neighbourhood. It's still considered the same way. But I don't remember my neighbours being "Honey Boo Boo" types. We/they may not have been rich but we/they were not stupid. Ford Nation is a different sort of animal ...

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 45s
Ombudsman finds that, indeed, the TCHC revised the salary records of Gene Jones's assistant to try to keep her under $100,000.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back