News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.1K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 995     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess.. Huronia West detachment?

Didn't even think to ask. We were honestly too gobsmacked by being 'schooled' by our 'Huronian' cousins to be alert enough to probe the deets, but you may know more than we possibly could. The OPP guys up there apparently cover some wide turf. Like, from the York Municipal line up to lower Georgian Bay kinda thing. Honestly don't know detachments or areas. Just OPP (and their friendlies in the near North) apparently more well-informed than you or I.

I can't see many people in Ford Nation warming up to John, Karen or David the way they do with Rob Ford.

Which brings me to a notion I came up w/in another thread: the "troll voter"--which might be the Fords' last hope, i.e. people who otherwise couldn't be bothered voting in municipal elections because of civic ignorance or sloth or "they're all crooks" or something or another...but Ford? Ah, *he's* worth their going to the polling booth for.

That's why they wouldn't warm up to the others.

Ah, the "inconveniently" empowered voter. For Jacques Parizeau, it was the "ethnic vote". For Republicans, it's likewise ethnics + blacks + Hispanics; for Democrats, it's Conservative Xtians. And for the anti-Fords, it's the "troll voters"...

/not trying to give you a hard time, I'd actually like to hope there is more investigating going on, in spite of the best efforts to the contrary...

Totally get that. And, may your grain of Na be large. Honestly, not trying to get a lather whipped up or whatever. We were just, like, "How come you boonies know all this stuff? And we're all down in the city grasping at f'ing straws?". Felt kinda stupid, we did, frankly.

sno man:

On the bright side, he couldn't fill the place. Gravy trail sorta derailed.

AoD

One thing I'd wonder about is the Kimmel-land spin on this--after all, the "received" party line on Ford is that he's now a megacelebrity, constantly surrounded by selfie-groupies, supposedly popular and with an excellent chance of reelection despite all his excesses. I mean, he's "bigger" in 2014 than he was in 2010--isn't he?

So, after all that's happened...what would they make of a launch venue that, for all that accumulated megaceleb status, still wound up a fifth/tenth/twentieth/whatever of whatever anticipated capacity? What would they make of those photos of empty spaces filled with empty tables?

I'd definitely like to know.

Which brings me to a notion I came up w/in another thread: the "troll voter"--which might be the Fords' last hope, i.e. people who otherwise couldn't be bothered voting in municipal elections because of civic ignorance or sloth or "they're all crooks" or something or another...but Ford? Ah, *he's* worth their going to the polling booth for.

That's why they wouldn't warm up to the others.

Ah, the "inconveniently" empowered voter. For Jacques Parizeau, it was the "ethnic vote". For Republicans, it's likewise ethnics + blacks + Hispanics; for Democrats, it's Conservative Xtians. And for the anti-Fords, it's the "troll voters"...
Do the troll voters become the idiotocracy when they get organized?

But, did people who were there say that many were standing near the front, or lined up for bubbleheads?

There's probably a bit of that, for sure. And maybe some chose to stand for the entire time too. But if you look closely, a lot of the empty tables had chairs that were arranged too neatly to have been previously occupied.

Would that area include RoFo's cottage, I wonder? :confused:

Might be wrong, but isn't the Ford family setup more near Burk's Falls/Magnetewan kinda land? More Parry Sound District?

this particular service member has said they've been trying to nail the Fords for ages. Ages! Not just the TPS, or the OPP. For bad shit. A lot of it related to the laundering of money, but other, undisclosed, 'worse'. "Much worse".

OK, so you're saying the TPS and the OPP have been outsmarted by the likes of Rob Ford and Doug Ford and Randy Ford and Diane Ford?? <head spins off neck and falls to floor>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back