Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
stupid kids

@Mahonexo_ 13m
GUYS OMG MAYOR ROB FORD IS LITERALLY IN FRONT OF ME pic.twitter.com/RK9iV9QZPV

Selfie with mayor rob ford
BlhnfCoCMAAYuaE.jpg

That was a really bad "Ford Fest", it seems rather clear that Ford is done. I'm so happy for Toronto.

It really was a pathetic display. I get the sense that even for most of Ford Nation they are tiring of the 'inbreds and circuses'. I think a lot of them enjoyed the spectacle and the 'fuck you' to downtown but reality seems to be setting in to a degree. This was the last hurrah of a death spiral.

Just because it is probably going to be a slow news day....here is something to make your ears bleed. :)
[video=youtube;IO6U-nM2rF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO6U-nM2rF0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Free t-shirts and bad karaoke! It really was a great celebration.

I lasted 31 seconds!

"Holy f*ck Rob. Sayin' the people of Toronto are just like you was a mistake. 2.5 million just filed a class action defamation suit"
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord/status/457142695329157120

I heard that but didn't think much about that at the time.

I wonder how many supporters he'll lose when the people who don't care about his indiscretions finally have that Uh... aha moment? As in... "No, I am definitely NOT like him and now I know why I don't want to endorse this moron..."

I wonder how many supporters he'll lose when the people who don't care about his indiscretions finally have that Uh... aha moment? As in... "No, I am definitely NOT like him and now I know why I don't want to endorse this moron..."

I suspect many probably do not want to be identified as "Ford Nation" any more than they would "People of Walmart".

But, privately in the voting booth with no cameras or anyone peeking over their shoulders smirking? Who knows what will happen?

Got three bobble heads. 2 Kimmel Editions and 1 Hollywood Edition. (They got permission from Kimmel to use his name.) Took 2 1/2 hrs to get through the line up with just as many waiting behind me when I got to the end. The line was as long as that red carpet was that he walked down. People were buying as many as six at a time. I was in line when he was speaking along with everyone else waiting - no one was willing to give up their spots.

The camera crews made sure they cut the room down by positioning themselves across the room making impossible to see the stage if you sat behind them - hence the big empty space.

The camera shots were edited not to take into account the long line ups of people waiting for the bobble heads, ice cream, and drinks. No coverage of George Chuvalo speaking. No pics of families with their kids. No back pics of the crowds in front of the stage. Just close ups of him making look it look like few people were there.

Rob spent two hours before the speech having pictures taken and signing autographs. You had to wait in line for that also - no media coverage on this part. You can bet every one of those photos will end up on social media sites.

I was still in the line up when he left the room. It wasn't until I was sitting down later looking at my purchases that I noticed a huge commotion. Rob came back and took photos and did more signing. I left and he was still surrounded.

Later on the news, I noticed how well edited the news tailored their version of how the evening events went. To them no one showed up. A shot of Chow and Tory were added to the line up - noticed they too had no supporters around them either. And we fault the East for editing their stories. We have a biased media.

The more the media beats him up the more support he gets.

Last edited:
Got three bobble heads. 2 Kimmel Editions and 1 Hollywood Edition. (They got permission from Kimmel to use his name.) Took 2 1/2 hrs to get through the line up with just as many waiting behind me when I got to the end. The line was as long as that red carpet was that he walked down. People were buying as many as six at a time. I was in line when he was speaking along with everyone else waiting - no was willing to give up their spots.

The camera crews made sure they cut the room down by positioning themselves across the room making impossible to see the stage if you sat behind them - hence the big empty space.

The camera shots were edited not to take into account the long line ups of people waiting for the bobble heads, ice cream, and drinks. No coverage of George Chuvalo speaking. No pics of families with their kids. No back pics of the crowds in front of the stage. Just close ups of him making look it look like few people were there.

Rob spent two hours before the speech having pictures taken and signing autographs. You had to wait in line for that also - no media coverage on this part. You can bet every one of those photos will end up on social media sites.

I was still in the line up when he left the room. It wasn't until I was sitting down later looking at my purchases that I noticed a huge commotion. Rob came back and took photos and did more signing. I left and he was still surrounded.

Later on the news, I noticed how well edited the news tailored their version of how the evening events went. To them no one showed up. A shot of Chow and Tory were added to the line up - notice they too had no supporters around them either. And we fault the East for editing their stories. We have a biased media.

I saw a lot of pics of Chuvalo and I saw other pics where it looked like a lot of people were around the stage. I don't think the media can ever win, either they're getting yelled at for over-covering him or for not covering him from the right angle! I am not sure if you are supporter or not. If not, why did you buy bobble heads?

Got three bobble heads. 2 Kimmel Editions and 1 Hollywood Edition. (They got permission from Kimmel to use his name.) Took 2 1/2 hrs to get through the line up with just as many waiting behind me when I got to the end. The line was as long as that red carpet was that he walked down. People were buying as many as six at a time. I was in line when he was speaking along with everyone else waiting - no was willing to give up their spots.

Later on the news, I noticed how well edited the news tailored their version of how the evening events went. To them no one showed up. A shot of Chow and Tory were added to the line up - noticed they too had no supporters around them either. And we fault the East for editing their stories. We have a biased media.

My apologies. It seems I inadvertently clicked on the 'Toronto Sun'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back