612     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 652     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can testify to this; we got given a Saturday subscription as a gift. When it ran out, they kept delivering it. When we realised, we called up to start paying for the subscription ourselves. Frankly I think the Star deserves my subscription, because they've been responsible for the lion's share of investigating & publicising Ford's failings. The operator tried to get us to retroactively pay for the papers they'd been sending us since the gift subscription lapse. Hah! Not a chance, matey.

Still pay for that subscription, though; it's no good whining about the decline of the media if I'm not willing to pay for it. My main complaint about the Star digital is those damn blanket Porter ads. Ugh.

Apologies for derailing this Toronto star/ newspaper subscription thread (!), but are lisi's and bahrami's lawyers trying to make a deal? Did someone here mention those lawyers are talking to the crown?

Now back to subscriptions, cellphones, satellites, diet, space etc discussions !

That's nothing....

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.27.28 PM.png

1932463_739570869421334_1855385677_n.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.27.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.27.28 PM.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 918
Apologies for derailing this Toronto star/ newspaper subscription thread (!), but are lisi's and bahrami's lawyers trying to make a deal? Did someone here mention those lawyers are talking to the crown?

Now back to subscriptions, cellphones, satellites, diet, space etc discussions !
NOw now...
I did read yesterday that LIsi won't be appealing the conviction of threatening to murder his ex girlfriend. ....So maybe he is making other deals as well.
Note: his lawyer for those charges is Courtney Keystone.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/04/20140416-132107.html
SAM PAZZANO | QMI AGENCY

TORONTO - Accused drug dealer and extortionist Sandro Lisi abandoned his appeal Wednesday of a conviction for threatening to kill his girlfriend.

Defence lawyer Courtney Keystone told Judge Anne Molloy of her client's intention to drop the appeal of the conviction, which had resulted in a suspended sentence and probation.

It was during these proceedings that court documents revealed Lisi was aspiring to "work for the City of Toronto with the endorsement of his ‘close friend' Mayor Rob Ford."

Goldsbie tweeted about it, Les, but this is about the drug charges from the laundromat. I don't think it will stray far into the RoFo story. That's my guess, anyway.

So I wasn't the only one having UT withdrawal symptoms yesterday? With respect to Flaherty's funeral, I watched the CTV feed and was so glad that out of all the camera scans across the congregation, I did not see one glimpse of Ford. And rightly so, a funeral is no place for a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back