378     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 585     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no rule that you can't hold office while imprisoned? Or that if you are convicted of a crime you must resign?

Lulz! I just remembered, we don't need to speculate about Ford's potential for lawlessness. The following are the potential penalties upon conviction for the various criminal offenses Rob Ford has been alleged to have committed over the years (that we know of):
- uttering death threats (2008) - up to 5 years in prison
- assault (2008) - up to 5 years in prison
- DUI (2000 (?) in Florida) - up to 6 months in jail
- marijuana possession (2000 (?) in Florida) - up to 6 months in jail

All of that's just an aside, though.

Holy Mackeral...To bring up shit like that from someones past, is total insanity.
Gee, 5+5yrs + 6+6mnths = 11 years, did he do time or was he even found guilty on any of the above.:confused:

I like where you're going with this, but I fail to see why it would never happen. A referendum would need council's approval. If Stintz's panel came back with a recommendation for a referendum on revenue tools, I don't think it's impossible for one to be mandated by council. Having said that, even with the panel's recommendation, I wouldn't put the chances at better than 1 in 2.

I only assume he'd back off pushing such a thing once he realized what could happen but then again I doubt he has the necessary awareness to even realize it.

The potential for a backfire on Ford would be hilarious. New taxes that he would absolutely hate? Downtown gets a benefit from it? Before Scarborough? I'd pay to see the blowup from that.

Holy Mackeral...To bring up shit like that from someones past, is total insanity.
Gee, 5+5yrs + 6+6mnths = 11 years, did he do time or was he even found guilty on any of the above.:confused:

People were asking what kind of lawlessness Ford might possibly be involved in. Is it not fair to cite examples of his previous charges / brushes with the law?

Did I say he did time or was found guilty? By asking that, are you saying he has done time on other charges? What charges are you saying he has been found guilty of and gone to jail for? What jail was he in? (You see where I'm going with this? I try to be careful not to make a claim without foundation and I actively solicit people's specific critiques where they feel I have done so).

I've heard a certain dynamic duo were the drug dealers of choice in the high school they attended in Etobicoke.

I don't believe you. Batman and Robin are good guys! Although, I didn't know they spent their teenage years away from Gotham.

I can assure you, Citizens, that the allusion in Mr. Black's post was certainly not to the Boy Wonder and myself. Robin is an exemplary young man, and I hope that in my small way I have been a model of clean living for him. Mr. Black must have been referring to another duo, completely ironically, who may be potential psychopathic super villains in fact, in a sly fashion.

Mr. Black must have been referring to another duo, completely ironically, who may be potential psychopathic super villains
"Super" villains? When they were so easily defeated by the Council of Reason? Perhaps their Bluster Ray just wasn't all that effective...

With Transit City now approved by City Council, the effort needs to move on to selling LRTs to Torontonians. I've never seen so many ignorant comments on my Facebook feed. I've spent the day today correcting myths and trying to educate my friends and their friends. David Miller's biggest failure was not selling Transit City to Torontonians. He was busy getting the Province to pay for it but with Torontonians behind it, Ford might never have been elected, and he surely would not have been able to illegally cancel it for a year.

CodeRedTO has a good place to start with these posters: http://coderedto.com/?page_id=48

I had to use this one a lot today to combat the comments that "World class cities build subways!!1!"

LRT-Paris.png
The Supervillains, as well as their Legion of Darkness, are now using social media (Fakebook, as well as online mainstream newspaper comments) to defame the Dynamic Duo and their supporters.

Reminds me of what Queen's Quay W should have looked like by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back