News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 24873
Nice straw man. Expecting perfection...hmmm? Sounds kinda...familiar?

X2K36Wm.jpg

Did anyone catch what he said? I only caught the tail end of the conversation about Ford. It sounded like he was saying that all of last week's hoopla basically means nothing, though, because Giroux has so far kept everything to himself...
Video of the interview:
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/07/b...on-to-take-step-back-in-project-brazen-probe/
Not much new to report. Investigation is continuing. Giroux hasn't brought any new evidence to the OPP. Unclear if that means that there isn't anything new or just that he hasn't brought forward what he does have to the OPP. Also, Blair said that Giroux solved a double homicide a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an indication that Project Brazen II isn't taking up as much of his time as it used to?

Last edited:
It's ironic isn't it?

It's clear as the day is long that many in the UT crowd hang with street gangs and drug dealers (if not directly involved themselves) yet they expect perfection from the man running the biggest city in Canada and 4th biggest city in North America.

One order of hypocrisy please.

Forgotten disappeared a while back when it was clear his denials were ridiculous, but has obviously been emboldened (as have many in the comments section of the Sun) by the recent news that Ford may never face charges.

The argument that we shouldn't expect perfection from our politicians is straight out of Ford's playbook, unsurprisingly. It's a ridiculous notion that we can't expect elected officials to be better than us. I have shaky hands but I'm not going to a dentist who shares the same affliction.

Whoever made me watch CityNews for a few minutes, I will find you and I will hurt you.

Goddamn what a terrible broadcast.
Haha sorry euler :) CityTV sure ain't what it used to be.
Oops, it appears that threat wasn't towards me. *breathes a sigh of relief*.

It's ironic isn't it?

It's clear as the day is long that many in the UT crowd hang with street gangs and drug dealers (if not directly involved themselves) yet they expect perfection from the man running the biggest city in Canada and 4th biggest city in North America.

One order of hypocrisy please.

Weak. Try harder.

Let's all take a few minutes to get outraged about fire hydrants undergoing repairs after the winter, that's a good use of our prime-time.

There are no working fire hydrants on my street and I live in a wooden house, so yeah, I was kind of interested. Wait! I'll call Rob....

I don't understand how the city hall reporters could still be sane. Hang around a crazy person long enough, and you will start to question reality yourself.
http://warrenkinsella.com/2014/04/doolittle-1-ford-0/

Doolittle 1, Ford 0
April 7th, 2014, 1:02 pm

This little exchange doesn’t need any context-setting. Says it all. Oh, and we need new mayor for a better city.

Asked if he was high on drugs Saturday night, Mayor Rob Ford quickly said no. But when asked if he continues to use illegal substances, the mayor refused to answer.

A little after noon on Monday, Ford held a press appearance outside his office to address allegations that he may have been intoxicated and “belligerent†at a Maple Leafs Game Saturday night.

“Mayor Ford, you said you weren’t drinking. Were you under the influence of any drugs?†a reporter asked.

“No I wasn’t. Not at all,†Ford replied.

But when he was asked a follow-up — “Are you still using drugs at all?†— the mayor chuckled.

“You know what — I’m not even,†Ford said. “You guys ask stupid questions.â€

When he was asked why he wouldn’t answer the question, Ford turned and walked back into his office.

Seriously, could Ford be any more of a POS? The part about him sprinting to a taxi cab to get away from DiGiorgio is freaking classic - a petulant child who wants to escape his babysitter. What a colossal dirtbag.

The one (only) thing I feel sorry about with Ford is that if he ever does want to get sober, it is going to be very, very hard for him. With his high profile and media-fueled advertisement of his proclivity towards consuming and abusing drugs, he will attract dealers and users for the rest of his life. He is such a drug celebrity at this point that I suspect he doesn't even really have to try too hard to score anymore, just hang out in public places until the drugs come to him.

I would not be surprised if he jumped into that cab because one of the other occupants told him he knew where to score some drugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back