242     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 795     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 629     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt she's an alcoholic. She's been known as a prescription opiate addict for a long time.

Doesn't she have an impaired driving charge or conviction that was mentioned in Doolittle's book? Not that it confirms she's an alcoholic, but it does suggest problematic drinking.

How does an ignition interlock device work?

Before starting the vehicle, a driver must blow into the device. If the driver's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is above the pre-set limit, the vehicle will not start.

Once the vehicle is started, the interlock device requires the driver to provide breath samples at random pre-set times while the engine is running. If a sample is not provided, or if the BAC exceeds the limit, the device will issue a warning, record the event and activate specific alarm systems (e.g., lights flashing, horn honking, etc.), until the ignition is turned off.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/interlock.shtml

Hmm.......sounds like we need one installed in a certain Escalade!:)

How does an ignition interlock device work?

Before starting the vehicle, a driver must blow into the device. If the driver's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is above the pre-set limit, the vehicle will not start.

Once the vehicle is started, the interlock device requires the driver to provide breath samples at random pre-set times while the engine is running. If a sample is not provided, or if the BAC exceeds the limit, the device will issue a warning, record the event and activate specific alarm systems (e.g., lights flashing, horn honking, etc.), until the ignition is turned off.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/interlock.shtml

Thanks. I will read through it later.

I've always been surprised the City of Toronto doesn't insist the mayor use the official limo ( they do have one ) ( which they could easily install GPS in ) and a city employee as chauffeur. That's the way it was done in the Metro era.
They track the mileage on all city vehicles, have for years. Nowadays they have a GPS tracker.

Ford chose driving himself for secrecy from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back