5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 726     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a parody? Really what our gutter mayor said to a roomful of working women?

It's a real tweet from the real Mayor Ford account, plus sarcastic commentary from the guy who re-tweeted it.

The whole thing: Ladies, always make sure your husband gets enough to eat at home. RT @TOMayorFord Remarks at Women's Entrepreneurship Roundtable #TOpoli

That link again: https://twitter.com/dd_toronto/status/448865474806558720

Broken down:

Ladies, always make sure your husband gets enough to eat at home.

The commentary from dd_toronto, who is not Mayor Ford.

RT @TOMayorFord

The RT means "re-tweet", stating that what comes next is an exact quote of someone else's tweet. The handle for that person -- Ford -- follows. This identifies the source to everyone reading the new tweet, but also let's Ford's minion running his Twitter account know that someone re-tweeted/replied/mentioned him.

Remarks at Women's Entrepreneurship Roundtable

Ford's original, verbatim tweet. See for yourself: https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/448815988415283202

#TOpoli

The Toronto politics hashtag, added by the re-tweeter. This wasn't used in Ford's original tweet because he hates librarians.

Last edited:
Hopefully if it happens he gets arrested right at the end of the debate. Like, right after the closing statements the cops get on stage during the live debate and put him in handcuffs :)

Oh I didn't know that. I saw her down there about a month ago, when I was at the sit in.
(The sit in is at Day 43 btw!)

Yeah, I guess "a while" is relative. She got some sort of promotion, is my understanding, a little less than a month ago.

it was George Lagogianis.

I met him back in the 80's when he worked the "snatch cam" (in his words) on Electric Circus. I am sure this was a joke on his part.

It's imminent. Frontline cops who wouldn't be aware of Brazen 2 investigation seem to be hearing things. Some of which who were on side with Ford are finally jumping ship.

Please be Monday, Please be Monday.

I have a half day at work that day. I would be able to spend the afternoon at City Hall or the Police Station.

I wonder if the Worm interview and its subsequent "non-statements" from the OPP Commish is a deliberate set-up to teach such a brutal example of a reporter a lesson - the Commish has nothing to lose especially if he is a good friend of Bill Blairs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back