5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the Illuminati. They've had it out for Slob right from the beginning!

I seriously canx believe what I read on that IHTWORF Facebook page.
All the posts and responses are written as if it's those "Nigerian Prince" spam emails which make no sense what-so-ever.

Is it too far fetched to believe that politics are forever poisoned in this city because of these past 4 years?

I can't even imagine the scrutiny the next mayor will be under from Ford or former Ford supporters and maybe The Sun because of the treatment Ford got.

Is there an article to go with the TorStar header about Ford's behaviour being indicative of 'trafficking'?

I can't find one and I'm starting to think that Rob ford has hacked my ipad. Then I remember that he can't even spell "ipad", so I turn to you all for help :)

I can't even imagine the scrutiny the next mayor will be under from Ford or former Ford supporters and maybe The Sun because of the treatment Ford got.

The scrutiny will be on POLITICS and it will be petty crap that won't sell papers. Big things in TO that need to be addressed, Transit, Jobs, The Gardiner Expressway, The Lakefront etc. None of the current crop of candidates has any Bats**t crazy ideas about any of these to whip the public into a froth but if you add a drunken stupor crack binge, all bets are off.

Can we all just agree not to be amazed by people who are in the grip of severe cognitive dissonance any more like ("I Hate The War..." commenters)? They're far too much invested in their beliefs to change now.

I look for this sort of thing in myself, but if I'm guilty of anything it's wanting to believe that politicians are better than they are before the evidence comes out.

I know, I can't help myself. I'd prefer not to have to keep in mind that a given politician is probably not as decent as I'd like to believe, but Ford and his supporters are lowering expectations all around.

The Ford brothers are scumbags and bullies and don't deserve one ounce (or dimebag) of sympathy. There will not be a "glimmer of understanding" washing over their "dull ignorant faces". Guys like this (and I have met many similar) just bulldoze ahead with their lies and character assassinations and even once convicted continue to play victim (see Conman/Conrad Black).

Yeah, it'll either be 'You people are making a big mistake!' or 'None of this was my fault! I wasn't allowed to do my job! No fair!'.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...t_fords_bier_markt_garrison_ball_outings.html

7Yb1HZS.jpg

Nah he just got them confused for someone else

That's not Rob's only strip club incident, if you believe the posts from a couple thousand pages back about Rob's attempted throwdown at the Zanzibar with some guys he thought dissed him.

That's not Rob's only strip club incident, if you believe the posts from a couple thousand pages back about Rob's attempted throwdown at the Zanzibar with some guys he thought dissed him.
See, that's what has amazed me about this whole debacle, why hasn't anyone baited him and his goof brother to act out violently, we know they are capable of it, both Rub and Tug went commando at that one council meeting when someone from the peanut gallery said something.

I'd take a few licks to see these guys charged criminally. Like Al Swearingen says in Deadwood "So including last night, that’s three f'n damage incidents that didn’t kill you. Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair, or f’n beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back.

Last edited:
Can we all just agree not to be amazed by people who are in the grip of severe cognitive dissonance any more like ("I Hate The War..." commenters)? They're far too much invested in their beliefs to change now.

There are always those unwilling to admit they made a mistake, or that they were wrong in some way. Black Africans who helped the slave trade remained steadfast that what they were doing was right, secretly justifying their actions with the idea that they were helping take down tribes that warred against their own and that the money they were getting could help their families.

People will believe what they want to believe, as long as it subdues their guilt. Guilt is a fantastic social motivator (i.e.; why the Humane Society still runs ads showing disfigured puppies), but there will always be those so shocked by their own actions that they will never admit wrongdoing. At this point, FordNation is giving us a good rough number as to how much of the population is like that.

The article by Kevin Donovan on page A1 and A4 of today's paper?

It seems to closely match this - http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ents_shed_light_on_video_and_its_creator.html

Aha - yes, thank you - headline was changed and for some reason that article didn't show up in my search. Appreciate it nfitz!

That article of Donovan's from November 13 (re strip club, Isaac whoozits and cocaine) really goes for the jugular. I hadn't seen that previously, but i like it :)

Amazing that doing coke and roughing up an employee in a strip club can be forgotten in this whole mess. I need a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the transgressions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back