News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
does it matter that its debunked?

if people are still willing to believe it its politically relevant to mention it.

It's also "politically relevant" -- and as an added bonus true! -- to mention that a candidate knowingly spreading lies is a sorry douchebag.

While he may have visited buildings in the past, he wasn't doing it everyday like he is now. He doesn't know what else to do with his time, how sad.

well, that is true, about the frequency.

I wonder why he's avoiding City Hall so much. I mean there have been plenty of other weeks where he had to face tons of reporters and questions (even more embarrassing questions than would be today); why's he avoiding it so much this week??

Also, the magnets he's leaving behind say "Rob Ford mayor" as opposed to "Rob Ford for mayor". So, technically, they're not campaign magnets.

Yes, however, "Mayor" is Robbie's honorific title, so "Mayor" after his name infers he be associated with the title "Mayor", in that he not currently the "Mayor".

Actually if I recall correctly they lived in a Housing Co-op that had controlled rent (like all co-ops do). Co-ops are split between subsidized housing (ODSP/Welfare) and market rent (non-subsidized but rents are low). When the fact that Chow and Layton were living in a "market rent/low rent" unit they agreed it was time to vacate and moved out.
Big difference between "double dipping" and living in a Co-op... Stinz either should know this or is lying on purpose. If she doesn't know the difference she should not be running for Mayor - let alone be on Council.

The rent isn't controlled, costs are lower for market rentals because "members" of the co-op participate in various office work & maintenance jobs to keep expenditures low, plus they are "not-for-profit" housing, unlike other regular apartment rentals. Some apartments now (like mine) are run by REIT's, six years ago when they bought this building services and maintenance were slashed each year along with AGI's every year or second year to keep their shareholders happy.

As for Stinz, she's pulling a page out of the Rob Ford playbook. She'll be done by June or July.

Ford has been focusing on multi-residential buildings where he can hit up more people than a visit to one home to get someone out to trim a tree on city property overhanging the resident's front yard. Prior, he was only doing occasional visits to TCH buildings.

Sorry. While times are slow here I`m trying to find some sort of narrative on the crack scandal and from what I can glean from the ITOs and news reports, and this is what I think may have gone down. I`m going on the premise that it was Anthony Smith who shot the video, and that he was gunned down for that reason. The fact that TPS said that it was from a rival gang dispute does not deter me. It could be from both, and as the investigation advances, we will see.

Rob visits Basso home sometime before January 2013 to let loose. He`s been going there for some time now and has met the gang. Some combination of the gangland cast show up at various times to supply Ford with crack and/or to party. Anthony Smith, Mohamed Siad (Ghotti), Siyandin Abdi (D?) (those 3 business partners), Liban Siyad, Abdi Harun , Monir Kasim, Mohammed Khattak, party with Fabio, Elena and Rob. Rob poses for pictures at these get-togethers. Rob gets incoherent and Smith records the infamous crack tape. According to Mohamed Farah, January is when Siad enlisted his help to sell the video.

Later in February, they tell Ford they have a video and are going to go public unless they pay him. Ford freaks and talks to Lisi. Hanad Mohamed and Nisar Hasmini (also business partners) suspect Smith has the video on his phone. Smith and Khattak are shot outside a night club in March by Hasmini and Smiths phone is retrieved by Hanad Mohamed. Hanad Mohamed successfully leaves to Fort McMurray with Smiths phone. Mohamed Siad, fearing for his life, gives a copy to Abdi Harun to ensure his safety and really reaches out to get cash to get out of town.

In April, while partying again the dealers scoop Fords phone to show how compromised he is. Lisi gets it back and says that he`ll put an end to this. He knows all the players now. That`s when the “organised crime†dudes enter and start harassing the sellers of the video.

Gawker breaks the story on May 16. Siad goes into hiding, but Lisi finds him and gets him to delete the files. Five days later Abdi Harun is shot at 17th floor Dixon towers, same day Price tells Towey the video is taken care of.

That`s as far as I`ve got. It`s exhausting keeping the characters straight. Please correct anything, or tell me I`m full of BS, or continue. I think there are so many tangents with this case that I`m trying to connect some dots for sanity`s sake. And to guess what coming charges may apply.

Rob Ford: "I've never met an NDPer who doesn't love to tax and spend."

NDP governments have the best fiscal record of any political party in power in Canadian history:

http://www.progressive-economics.ca/2011/04/29/fiscal-record-of-canadian-political-parties/

They have been very successful in tarring left wing candidates with that tax and spend label. They fail to recognize that spending and debt are not ideologies of the left. The left just prefer to spend available funds on social safety nets and the right likes to use that money to boost business interests. It's not fair to repeat the same lie over and over but if I have one criticism of the left it is that they never get angry and correct d-bags that repeat the lie over and over.

Oh, I was wrong. Ford was not the first with the subsidized housing myth.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 4m
Stintz spox on CP24 right now taking shots at Chow. Brings up fact she used to live in subsidized housing. "She's a double-dipper"

I didn't think Stintz was a bad person but I did suspect she'd stoop low to win. This is low.
As someone who grew up under the looming threat of living in community housing, co-op's are a godsend. The idea of having 30% subsidized units along with market rent units ensures that they never become ghettos. What a fantastic idea. When those co-ops were built, they were not terribly attractive places to live. They became so when they were filled with hip, smart and artistic people. That has to have an effect on kids in low income families to have neighbours like these.

Can someone give me some specifics of what Chow stands for or what she's accomplished.

Something more tangible than just 'She brings people together."

I'd honestly like to know. To me she's always just been Jack Layton's wife and the woman who rode her bike to City Hall.

What are her actual accomplishments?

Love to see a list of at least 5 real things.

Sorry. While times are slow here I`m trying to find some sort of narrative on the crack scandal and from what I can glean from the ITOs and news reports, and this is what I think may have gone down. I`m going on the premise that it was Anthony Smith who shot the video, and that he was gunned down for that reason. The fact that TPS said that it was from a rival gang dispute does not deter me. It could be from both, and as the investigation advances, we will see.

Rob visits Basso home sometime before January 2013 to let loose. He`s been going there for some time now and has met the gang. Some combination of the gangland cast show up at various times to supply Ford with crack and/or to party. Anthony Smith, Mohamed Siad (Ghotti), Siyandin Abdi (D?) (those 3 business partners), Liban Siyad, Abdi Harun , Monir Kasim, Mohammed Khattak, party with Fabio, Elena and Rob. Rob poses for pictures at these get-togethers. Rob gets incoherent and Smith records the infamous crack tape. According to Mohamed Farah, January is when Siad enlisted his help to sell the video.

Later in February, they tell Ford they have a video and are going to go public unless they pay him. Ford freaks and talks to Lisi. Hanad Mohamed and Nisar Hasmini (also business partners) suspect Smith has the video on his phone. Smith and Khattak are shot outside a night club in March by Hasmini and Smiths phone is retrieved by Hanad Mohamed. Hanad Mohamed successfully leaves to Fort McMurray with Smiths phone. Mohamed Siad, fearing for his life, gives a copy to Abdi Harun to ensure his safety and really reaches out to get cash to get out of town.

In April, while partying again the dealers scoop Fords phone to show how compromised he is. Lisi gets it back and says that he`ll put an end to this. He knows all the players now. That`s when the “organised crime†dudes enter and start harassing the sellers of the video.

Gawker breaks the story on May 16. Siad goes into hiding, but Lisi finds him and gets him to delete the files. Five days later Abdi Harun is shot at 17th floor Dixon towers, same day Price tells Towey the video is taken care of.

That`s as far as I`ve got. It`s exhausting keeping the characters straight. Please correct anything, or tell me I`m full of BS, or continue. I think there are so many tangents with this case that I`m trying to connect some dots for sanity`s sake. And to guess what coming charges may apply.

I think you've done an admirable job of connecting dots. However, I am skeptical of the bolded parts above. The trickiest thing is proving anything about Hanad Mohamed and Nisar Hashimi. They don't connect to anyone else in the story in an obvious way (besides the gang rivalry), so suggesting it was anything other than a feud requires a leap. We don't know if they knew about the video, and we don't know if they knew Ford or Lisi. It's all hazy.

I didn't think Stintz was a bad person but I did suspect she'd stoop low to win. This is low...

Take heart, anne. I've been following the readers polls at the Sun and Newstalk1010 website. Sure, they're not worth much, but I find it interesting that Karen can't muster enough support to even astroturf her way past 1% support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back