News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 535     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open apology to thedeepend.

My mistake!! I actually quoted you as opposed to another poster who constantly uses thinly veiled homophobic talk. I hope you accept my apology. Anger got the better of me and I replied to the wrong poster.

Apology Accepted!

Ask his campaign manager---

KatieSimpson24 1:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
It is after 1pm, and still no sign of Mayor Ford. Only explanation I've been given is that he will be in this afternoon for meetings.

Sadly, the reality of the decline of Detroit is far more complicated and multifactorial than the tired cliché’s of race riots, white flight, collapsing tax base etc. A good article (of hundreds that exist--for those who are interested), written by an Detroit born Urban Planner:

The Reasons Behind Detroit’s Decline by Pete Saunders

http://www.urbanophile.com/2012/02/21/the-reasons-behind-detroits-decline-by-pete-saunders/

Sadly, I only had time to speedread what is probably a very interesting article. Bookmarked.

However, I did notice that one picture of an old map of Detroit, halfway through the article, which startingly resembled Toronto!
Gave me the shivers.

A one-woman play about Rob Ford

http://www.blogto.com/theatre/2014/02/play_about_rob_ford_to_debut_at_edinburgh_fringe_fest/

"...the events of 2013 give me the chance to lift the lid on some uncomfortable truths about Toronto, from deep ideological divisions among its citizens to the violent collision of gangs, guns and drugs in the parts of the city the tourists never see."

The play will star a woman named Kerry who on NYE 2013 has "one drink too many" and gets to speak her piece on Toronto's wayward Mayor in a "one-woman comedy about the one-man tragedy of Toronto politics."

Ask his campaign manager---

KatieSimpson24 1:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
It is after 1pm, and still no sign of Mayor Ford. Only explanation I've been given is that he will be in this afternoon for meetings.
Good for Katie for reporting on this. The fools who believe he works harder than anyone need to keep hearing how often he is not only absent but his whereabouts are unknown during working hours. Of course, we all know he is probably at "constituent meetings" *insert major eyeroll*

The best part was when Don Peat put "constituent visits" in quotes, like it was a joke.

That is what he had down in his agenda (which had to be subpoenaed under the FOI act) when he went to go meet Lisi to exchange drugs/money and drink vodka at the school.

Soooo.... Fords agenda (which was subpoenaed under FOI act) states he went on "constituent visits" when matched with the Lisi ITO dates clearly shows his"constituent" was Lisi where Ford guzzled a mickey of Russian Prince vodka and drove his Escalade around afterwards.

Wondered about these "constituent visits" in Brampton? and such....

Also, let's look at the name Ford:

F (6), O (15), R (18), D (4)

6 + 15 + 18 + 4 = 41

4 (D), 1 (A)

So Ford will soon be charged by the DA!

Please, please tell me you're being tongue-in-cheek with this stuff. Remember: it doesn't always come through on the internet.

Using proper Numerology reduction would be as such:

F (6), O (6), R (9), D (4)

6 + 6 + 9 + 4 = 25 or 7

7 = G for Giroux or rather Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux

Numbers are fun! :)

It's his route to and from work. He complains about cyclists and streetcars, but he always takes Edenbridge -(stop at the Tim Hortons/Esso) - Scarlett - Dundas - Bay to work. Every day. So does his brother, who almost ran me down getting off the Dundas streetcar once.

You can't turn left from Scarlett onto Dundas.

Good for Katie for reporting on this. The fools who believe he works harder than anyone need to keep hearing how often he is not only absent but his whereabouts are unknown during working hours. Of course, we all know he is probably at "constituent meetings" *insert major eyeroll*
Is she reporting this on her station, or just on Twitter? Yesterday there were similar tweets from her - but then how did CP24 and Katie treat the Orlando Franklin visit? Where I am now I don't see CP24 anymore, so I don't know, but I know how they work. Seems like it would be nothing but Katie standing in front of the elevator all day, and then when the football player shows up, free publicity that further reinforces that Ford is still the mayor, the boss, the one at City Hall who commands all the attention. #topoli is preaching to the converted - Don Peat was regularly tweeting on Ford's tardiness four months ago. Is there anything about this showing up on TV that would overcome the "constituent meetings" fabrication?

Was just watching/listening to CP24 and she did note on air that the mayor has not yet shown up although they were told he had "meetings".

I'm seriously debating starting a Twitter called "Has Rob Ford shown up to work yet?" and just tweeting "No." every hour from 9 o'clock until he shows up each day.

I'm seriously debating starting a Twitter called "Has Rob Ford shown up to work yet?" and just tweeting "No." every hour from 9 o'clock until he shows up each day.
Do it! :) You will be in good company. There are about 10 Ford accounts, maybe more.

Yesterday there were similar tweets from her - but then how did CP24 and Katie treat the Orlando Franklin visit?

At least CITY TV is a little more critical of him. Cynthia Mulligan doesn't seem to bend too much under his immense weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back