294     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 442     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 818     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing drawn through Crazy Town: the degree to which Doug Sr. was the most aggressively scorched-earth kind of self-aggrandising "salesman". Makes me wonder if the kids (Doug Jr. most of all) got so utterly caught up in the hokum pattern making Deco and themselves up to be even more of a supersuperduperduper powerhouse than it all really is, and maybe they're only now coming to realize the real-world limitations of that approach, yet they just can't get out of that locked groove because the only real world they know is that custom-crafted by their own father. (Though that'd only be in the event that the Ford campaign gaskets are *really* blowing. And it's hard to tell whether that's truly the case yet.)

Yep, if you support Ford now we will through in a set of Ginsu steak knives from the beef cuts that come with your tax cuts. tax cuts; hurry now, this is a limited offer, and if you are the first 100,000 supporters you will get your very own silver spoon to bring your kids up just like me!

Juno who's going to host?
We speculate on who gets the reins when Canada's annual celebration of music takes over the MTS Centre at the end of March

Rob Ford

Why him? Right now, Toronto's crack-smoking, booze-pounding, profanity-spewing mayor is the biggest celebrity in the country. Mayor Ford is an unwitting comic genius -- and a guaranteed ratings winner, should the Junos somehow manage to enlist the national embarrassment.

Why not: Even if CTV was crazy enough to approach Ford and he was stupid enough to agree, there's no way to guarantee a family-friendly performance. He also has more than enough TV to watch at home.

The odds: Call it a million to one, which is equal to the chance of Ford making it out of 2014 without further creating further chaos.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ar.../music/juno-whos-going-to-host-244496131.html

So...went to my office. College and Yonge. Emerged from College Park station. 8:00 p.m. Flashing lights. Cops blocking College westbound to Fran's w/ 2 cars (adjacent o 52nd). Then they closed both directions all the way to Bay. My colleague says, "WTF is going on?" We ask a cop. Nobody's sayin' nowt. We thought, maybe they're fluffing the space to securely bring The Penguin in. Such were our expectations given the City's current circumstances.

Sadly,no.

Ugh I think this whole pride flag thing is definitely done to drive up Ford's support amongst those who support "traditional marriage".

1.) The Pride Flag was never ever flown at the expense of the Canadian flag. Ford's handlers probably knew this, but also know that media will not report on the bigger picture.
2.) As such, it's not an issue about patriotism or supporting our athletes.
3.) As such, it's more an issue about A. Massoudi, Doug and Rob using Ford's opposition to equal rights as a campaign tool.

All manufactured outrage and faux patriotism- the tools of the populist.

It's utterly despicable, but not out of line given Ford's actions these last few months.

All because...Rob Hates Flags.

Another thing that has come from reading Crazy Town, is how much Canada's FOI laws need to change.

Doolittle touched on that in her CNN interview on Thursday or Friday.

It's a Forum poll. It's not based in reality.
Although given that Forum polls tend not to show a drop in his support and would seem to poll the same limited population segment repeatedly, it's interesting and somewhat hopeful that maybe some people are at last starting to "get it"

So...went to my office. College and Yonge. Emerged from College Park station. 8:00 p.m. Flashing lights. Cops blocking College westbound to Fran's w/ 2 cars (adjacent o 52nd). Then they closed both directions all the way to Bay. My colleague says, "WTF is going on?" We ask a cop. Nobody's sayin' nowt. We thought, maybe they're fluffing the space to securely bring The Penguin in. Such were our expectations given the City's current circumstances.

Sadly,no.

I saw that as well, but around 11. Thought something might have happened on the westbound streetcar holding at Yonge ... there was a cop using a surveyor's level. Maybe incident reconstruction?

Jesus christ what happened to this thread overnight!?

We need some actual news. Quick, someone call his office. He answers all phone calls remember.

Going back some pages to when someone reported on one of Doug's girls f*ggot-trash-talking her dad in school (can *someone* dig that up in the thread morass?)--I'm really wondering if anyone has school etc anecdotes on Doug's girls, whatever odd telltale quirks they had; after all, unlike Rob's kids, they're "of age".

Or, for that matter, the mystery of Kathy's older daughter, who'd be in her mid-late-20s now...

Going back some pages to when someone reported on one of Doug's girls f*ggot-trash-talking her dad in school (can *someone* dig that up in the thread morass?)--I'm really wondering if anyone has school etc anecdotes on Doug's girls, whatever odd telltale quirks they had; after all, unlike Rob's kids, they're "of age".

Or, for that matter, the mystery of Kathy's older daughter, who'd be in her mid-late-20s now...

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=819970#post819970

Less gay issues, speculation on uninvolved relates and troll feeding please.

JimmiT do you have any new insights? What's something about Rob Ford's Toronto that we don't know?

One hour in a small, single-toilet bathroom, when he emerges he's "talking gibberish..."

Seeing that "Mrs. Mustard in the library with a candlestick" is probably already been played I'll go with "Mr. Ford in the bathroom with (fill in your guess here)..."

It's the teeth...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back