News   Jul 18, 2024
 725     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 565     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford ‘talking gibberish’ during late night B.C. pub visit
Mayor reportedly disappeared into tiny staff washroom for more than an hour, emerging incoherent and fidgety before ordering rounds of drinks.

For a little more than a half-hour, Ford chatted with staff and allowed a few photos to be taken. Then, according to a witness, he said, “Okay everybody, I have to go to the bathroom.â€

Though there are larger washrooms for patrons in the pub area, Ford entered a small (less than two metres square) single-toilet bathroom used by male staff. He did not emerge for more than an hour. Staff were unable to use that washroom. The curly haired man visited him at one point. So did bouncer Jamieson.

When Ford emerged shortly after 2 a.m., according to the account provided the Star, he was incoherent. He was scratching his chest and the back of his neck and making “weird twitch-like movements non-stop with his hands,†according to an eyewitness. “You could not understand a word he was saying,†said the eyewitness.

The first words witnesses could understand from Ford were: “No pictures.â€

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...gibberish_during_late_night_bc_pub_visit.html

I'm wondering more if the BC Liquor Licensing Board is going to ask some questions of said establishment...?

i guess they will?

Licensees must follow provincial liquor laws and policies, to ensure safe and responsible liquor service. For example, there are strict limits on the hours of sale and the number of people they may allow in a licensed establishment at any given time. In addition, servers must refuse service to anyone who is intoxicated and ensure they leave safely.

Liquor inspectors and/or police visit licensed establishments—and will usually arrive unannounced—to ensure servers are complying with B.C. liquor laws. Licensees found not following the rules may receive a fine or suspension, or lose their licence.

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/lclb/LLinBC/basics.htm

edit: oh! maybe not entirely...

hours of liquor service must start no earlier than 9:00 a.m. and end no later than 4:00 a.m. the next day

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/244_2002

there is still the question of serving him after "emerging incoherent and fidgety".

Last edited:
crazy town.jpg

https://twitter.com/robyndoolittle

Attachments

• crazy town.jpg
    crazy town.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 526
Rob Ford offered free 'glamour transformation' for Pride

Perhaps Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is giving the World Pride parade a pass because he has nothing to wear.

NFL ties and bulky blue suits don't cut it at Pride.

[...]

Which brings me to Take a Walk on the Wild Side in Toronto. The shop caters to men with a strong feminine side.

Owner Paddy Aldridge, 58, once dolled me up like Jennifer Aniston, a transformation for a front-page column.

Now Aldridge is after bigger fish - the world's most famous mayor.

"I'd be honoured," Aldridge tells me. "I'll make him look however he wants. If he lets out the wild and crazy person inside him, maybe he won't have to do drugs."

Sure, but the rest of us will reach for the Oxy if Aldridge brings out Rob Ford's inner Jennifer Aniston. So if not Jenn, then who?

"With a big man like Rob, it's hard not to turn him into anything but Divine," says Aldridge, referring to the legendary, and large, drag queen.

She fires up Photoshop and sets to work. She's done thousands of makeovers in 27 years - including a politician or two she won't name.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/02/20140207-193048.html

Last edited:
My question still stands, if it's her, who had an eye on the kids?

It's not her. The article says as much. They say the man and woman appeared to be a couple Ford had just met that night. The Star knows what Renata looks like, they would not claim they were strangers if they knew who they were.

Plus, I don't think Renata would really party with Rob. ;-) I'm not sensing a lot of love and good times there.

I think being cynical about the media and politics is a way for uninformed people to not feel like they're out of the loop. If you don't allow for the possibility that news and government matters, you can't be missing out by not following it. It's how dumb people allow themselves to feel smart.

BANG ON.

And further to this... Literally the only thing Ford has worked hard at during his tenure (besides football...) is encouraging this climate of mistrust in institutions like the free press. Only his facts are facts, only he is uncorrupt: that's his message, over and over.

It's not her. The article says as much. They say the man and woman appeared to be a couple Ford had just met that night. The Star knows what Renata looks like, they would not claim they were strangers if they knew who they were.

Plus, I don't think Renata would really party with Rob. ;-) I'm not sensing a lot of love and good times there.
Also, the woman's coat is darker than the one Renata was wearing at the Vancouver airport. Bar woman's coat has a hood, Renata's doesn't.

Last edited:

I'm sure this is the case.

Also, the woman's coat is darker than the one Renata was wearing at the Vancouver airport.

Renata avoids the cameras and being seen in public with Rob, plus she knows that Rob is about to self-destruct and she doesn't want to be anywhere near him when it happens.

Also, the woman's coat is darker than the one Renata was wearing at the Vancouver airport. Bar woman's coat has a hood, Renata's doesn't.

In other news - people have more than one coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back