490     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford himself has tried to shift the campaign away from his various criminal activities to his "weight loss" so his appearance is more than fair game.

For your viewing displeasure:

Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 10.36.48 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 10.36.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 10.36.48 AM.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 511
I just got my tickets to the monday taping of strombolopoulos where robyn doolittle will be discussing her new book. tix are free, as opposed to $40 for the reading later that night. anyone else going?

Completely agree. If he wants to make his weight a public barometer for his own lack of discipline or control-- over habits that clearly have a negative impact on his ability to function as mayor, every bit as a predilection for doughnuts and family-size buckets of KFC-- he can go right ahead.

Ford Nayshunals will still insist that relevant attention paid to something he chose to make a central issue of s just bullying, but at this point, who cares?

Metro West is within 23 Division, I wonder how much that had to do with his not wanting to talk to police at the time? And how common would it otherwise be for the police to investigate a prison beating?

Jeez. Ford's connection to Supt. Taverner is more and more apparent. The guy has given Ford and his family immunity for decades, but if he is somehow connected to the detention centre's involvement in this vicious attack (or lack thereof), then this is some deep shit.

Nunziata clearly favors Ford & his few cohorts by not only giving them ridiculous and obvious leeway in Council but even in how she addresses them vs. other Councillors, it's all in her voice. She clearly dislikes Adam Vaughan, again, it's all in her voice. She did make an unusual, very half-hearted attempt to try to keep Rob, Doug & Mammo in line yesterday and today.

This was apparent the first day Ford was mayor. It's disgusting to watch Nunziata's behaviour and blatant bias.

Umm.. I've read this on this forum a couple times... About his "face".. It doesn't mean jack squat. I'm not a ford supporter but you have no idea what you are speculating about. Somewhere in this forum someone posted a picture of Ford in elementary school and his face is red. It's just the way he looks. Keep on bashing his stats and horrible job as the mayor, but comments like this make me cringe.. Keep his children out of it too, they didn't choose their makers.....

I beg to differ. The pics in this (old) article support the general assumptions that you are so disapproving of:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/29/rob-ford-stocks-up-on-school-supplies/

Last edited:
Any idea who created this?

[video=youtube;BOMcNRiX7fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOMcNRiX7fE [/video]

I think this is the type of attack ad that will be most effective against Ford in the next election. Just a standard, bread and butter political attack ad that goes after his policies. He shouldn't be mayor because he's made Toronto a more expensive place to live, while also cutting popular services. His small list of promises kept are dwarfed by the long list of broken ones.

Attacks on his character, on the other hand, just serve to entrench that segment of the population who identify personally with him. They see it as an attack on themselves.

They have a Kara, a Kayla and a Kyla. I see the Ford knack for creative thinking extends to names, too.

One of the defining characteristics of Ford Nation types is a profound lack of imagination. I think it's this inability to imagine that contributes to the knee-jerk, fearful and stubborn reactions, and the truncated and ill-formed conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back