71     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 332     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 393     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Ford call revenue from parking tickets a "cash grab", but thinks that adding library fines to the city's revenue stream is fiscal "science"? Could it be that the former affects him negatively, while the latter never would?
Because Rob Ford is functionally illiterate, and assumes that most people can't and don't read.

From 10 minutes ago, a tweet from CP24's Katie Simpson:

Mayor Ford's criminal defense lawyer, Dennis Morris, just walked into Mayor's office.

I have to keep telling myself this is almost certainly a meaningless coincidence, so I should really just get on with my afternoon's work instead of checking for updates every five minutes.

On the other hand, though, if I were a lawyer I'd be sort of concerned if my already ... erratic ... client suddenly issued a strenuous and apparently pre-emptive denial that he had anything to do with a murder.

Last edited:
I have to keep telling myself this is almost certainly a meaningless coincidence, so I should really just get on with my afternoon's work instead of checking for updates every five minutes.

On the other hand, though, if I were a lawyer I'd be sort of concerned if my already ... erratic ... client suddenly issued a strenuous and apparently unprompted denial that he had anything to do with a murder.

You would think that they would conduct any legal business in private. However, we've seen what Ford does in public so that's not terribly surprising. It does make you wonder what the hell goes on behind closed doors.

Just worth considering, the book is already in the hands of reviewers and people like Jian Ghomeshi have said they already read it. We can't buy it, but it's around the city.

If he has ANY friends left, it's reasonable to assume the Fords have acquired a copy and know what's in it by now. Perhaps we will soon see the disappearing act that typically precedes any big revelations....
I object; it is not reasonable to assume the Fords have read a book. :p

From 10 minutes ago, a tweet from CP24's Katie Simpson:

Mayor Ford's criminal defense lawyer, Dennis Morris, just walked into Mayor's office.

oh please, please, please, please....
smileys-praying-742234.gif

On the other hand, though, if I were a lawyer I'd be sort of concerned if my already ... erratic ... client suddenly issued a strenuous and apparently pre-emptive denial that he had anything to do with a murder.

Maybe so (although -- if you'll permit the digression -- I would argue that, if you were a lawyer whose already erratic billable hour machi ... errrr ... client did another erratic thing, the figurative weight of the extra zeros dancing in your head would alleviate some of that concern), but if you were Hotmail, Esq. you might sympathize with your client's "strenuous and apparently pre-emptive denial that he had anything to do with a murder", given that you wrote the following words a few months earlier:

Hotmail Lawyer said:
...In reference to the photo,you wish to publish, Mayor Ford has his photo taken daily,sometimes with others.

If the person you mention is now deceased,it is sad,regardless of his alleged background.

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Oh joy. A (flimsy perhaps) excuse to reprise Ken White's piece on Popehat:

This is the Most Wonderful Legal Threat EVER

Various journalists are claiming they have seen a video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack.

This led to the most darling legal threat ever from a lawyer named Dennis Morris — who has represented Ford for some time — to Gawker:

Update: We've received an email from Dennis Morris, a gentleman with a hotmail.com email address purporting to be Ford's attorney. Here is the message. We haven't corrected its formatting.

Greetings;I am a lawyer,and have been contacted by Mayor Ford's office in reference to your indicating you will post a photo of Mayor Ford smoking crack cocaine. Mayor Ford denies such took place,and if such posting occurs,it is false and defamatory,and you will be held legally accountable.In reference to the photo,you wish to publish, Mayor Ford has his photo taken daily,sometimes with others.

If the person you mention is now deceased,it is sad,regardless of his alleged background.

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Dennis Morris.

This is delightful, like that video of the kitten freaking out when it sees a lizard.

First, nobody ever governed themselves accordingly based on a threat from a hotmail account. Second, are you using some sort of comma-based operating system? Third, what the fuck are you talking about?

This sets a high bar.

Last edited:
yeah some others on twitter getting excited... Keenan & JM McGrath

Hope this is the smiley for today...
2qmpxqt.jpg

That guy is a bit of a troll, he spends most of the time taking weird pot shots at olivia chow. doesn't meant he's lying now, but i'm taking it with a boulder of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back