495     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 524     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 520     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air Farce F-Bomb of The Year goes to Mayor Rob Ford!!!!!!!

Hundreds of thousands had no power or heat in the city of Toronto, let's keep the numbers a little closer.

750,000 to 830,000 had no power in Toronto.

Last edited:
My dad made me aware of a pretty shady campaign practice to get around the corporate donation ban yesterday. He was speaking with someone who works for a developer. She told him her employer told everyone at head office to donate the maximum contribution to a particular campaign and then to expense the donation to the company. Reminded me of the situation with the company that owns the lease on the Hearn plant. I still have to confirm which company/campaign this girl was referring to. From what I'm told it's illegal. Would be good to expose the practice now that election season is underway!

Right! Today is the official kick off day!
Happy new year everyone. We will really need to work this year. Get out and talk to everyone you know. Make sure RoFo doesn't get in again!

"a substance abuse problem"

From the Globe & Mail, in an interview with Hotmail lawyer:
How did the mayor get himself into so much trouble? What do you think was happening with him that led to the drug use and binge drinking?

Basically, a substance abuse problem which he did not acknowledge appropriately until some time in November. People with substance abuse problems, whether it’s drugs or alcohol, oftentimes are in denial, oftentimes don’t want to admit, oftentimes lie. So basically that’s what held the mayor back at that point in time over quite a number of months in 2013.
"a substance abuse problem which he did not acknowledge appropriately until some time in November"? Has Rob Ford ever publicly acknowledged having "a substance abuse problem"? I'm pretty sure I recall him denying having one, but never acknowledging one.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "my comments were taken out of context" quote from Hotmail lawyer. Too bad Doug Ford isn't around to be asked about this.

From the Globe & Mail, in an interview with Hotmail lawyer:
"a substance abuse problem which he did not acknowledge appropriately until some time in November"? Has Rob Ford ever publicly acknowledged having "a substance abuse problem"? I'm pretty sure I recall him denying having one, but never acknowledging one.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "my comments were taken out of context" quote from Hotmail lawyer. Too bad Doug Ford isn't around to be asked about this.

Conflicting scripts, Robbie often deviates from the prepared scripts in which Dougie has final say. So there are continuity errors, even Dougie has flubbed "current" facts.

Last edited:
Yes I know, hence the 750,000 to 830,000, this is based loosely on Hydro's 2.5 people per "customer", and a little variance.

300,00 customers X 2.5 people per customer = 750,000 + 80,000 (a small variance from my guesstimates) = 830,000
It had been changed to customers. I have added a note about this (and that kind of calculation is not allowed on Wikipedia, as it constitutes original research (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:OR)). It is good to know though. The impact is indeed much larger than reported.

I'm not too sure if this has been discussed but:
  • without knowing who is officially running in opposition to Rob Ford for mayor, it is pointless to even discuss his chances.
  • Doug Ford claims to be not in running for his seat:
    • who are the declared candidates for that ward
    • what is the deadline to declare running for a Councillor's Seat?

CBC claimed to have two sources saying Basso was the background voice, but ya it's not 100% confirmed. Donovan has stressed a few times that the background voice sounds like an older white guy, not one of the Dixon Bloods. I'd also bet that Fabio's sister was in on the video plot.

Happy New Year everyone!

I don't get it though. The Bassos were incredibly hostile to any reporters who came to sniff around the house after it was identified as the location of the photo with A. Smith.
pjt-15windsor-5.jpg

a photo of Basso and Elena Johnson shouting at the Post’s Natalie Alcoba
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...elease-expected-to-show-links-to-sandro-lisi/

“Rob Ford’s the greatest mayor ever. You guys are scavengers,†Elena said in a brief encounter with the Toronto Star. “You come back to my house, I’ll call the police.â€
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...eres_the_house_where_the_photo_was_taken.html

Ford's paying their hydro bills (& maybe more). He went to high school with Fabio Basso. I don't see why the Bassos want to set him up on a video. For what, for a one-time $100,000 hit from selling a video? Besides the whole "tribal loyalty" thing of many of the Ford family's long-time associates, I'm betting he's worth more to them as a friend than as someone to blackmail.

It had been changed to customers. I have added a note about this (and that kind of calculation is not allowed on Wikipedia, as it constitutes original research (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:OR)). It is good to know though. The impact is indeed much larger than reported.

I had brought up the difference between customers and residents on the talk page for that article, back on Monday. It was basically just blown off, though.

I was a bit skeptical after some of Chief Blair's year end interviews but one of his close associates confirmed to me yesterday that the mayor is still very much under investigation. Wouldn't give me any clues as to what for exactly though.
Wasn't arrested when the police saw him buying drugs or driving drunk.
Seems like BS if they won't say what Ford is under investigation for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back