5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ford called the cops on Dale in May of 2012, did he tell them the cops were in his yard? Or that he saw him looking over the fence? If he did, and now he's admitted that he didn't see either incident, can the cops lay charges?

Add it to the list...
If the didn't bust him for drunk driving, an actual danger to others, they wont for that. They are on the trail of something a fair bit more serious, if and or when they actually arrest him, I hope they add all the small stuff too. They'll need to wheel in all the charges on a dolly.

notshocking:

Interesting that you've mentioned that RoDoFo might be the owner of said houses - it sort of collaborates with the noise that he pays for the utilities and would certainly explain why he is so intent on using his authority to have municipal services issues around them dealt with.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ford_pay_utility_bills_for_a_crack_house.html

AoD

This seemed like one of the kookier rumours we've heard here lately. I mean, if a numbered company owned 15 Windsor Rd., wouldn't we have read about that in the ITO?

But I love the conspiracy theories too much, so I went and paid the Teranet fee for the title. It's owned by Lina and Elio Basso. They paid $2 (!) for it back in 1976.

Screenshot 2013-12-18 18.38.23.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-12-18 18.38.23.jpg
    Screenshot 2013-12-18 18.38.23.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 569
Indiegogo campaign to contribute to Rob's legal defense:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-rob-ford
With 33 hours left in the campaign, it has raised a mere $3,403 of its $50,000 goal. Some of that money came from people who were clearly donating as a joke ("Tony Montana", I'm looking at you). So, an unsurprising failure.

But there is one interesting thing about this failed Indegogo campaign - Ian McLaren, the person who started it. On Indiegogo, he gives his location as "Toronto, Ontario, Canada". The campaign says: "It's time for Torontonians to stand up and say enough is enough. We now have to stand ..." which would further lead one to think that McLaren is a Torontonian. He ain't.

His Twitter account is @iainmclaren. Here's one of his tweets promoting the Indiegogo campaign. This is his profile image. He has an uncropped version of that same image on his Facebook account. You won't be surprised to learn that he's a member of the Atlantic Canada Libertarians...

His LinkedIn page has recently disappeared (for some reason), but you can still see in the Google cache that he works as "National Online Solutions Manager at The Kidney Foundation of Canada" in Halifax. He is a former Torontonian, but even then only passing through. According to his MeetUp page, he's been in Halifax since mid-2012.

Nice work, Ian.

This seemed like one of the kookier rumours we've heard here lately. I mean, if a numbered company owned 15 Windsor Rd., wouldn't we have read about that in the ITO?

But I love the conspiracy theories too much, so I went and paid the Teranet fee for the title. It's owned by Lina and Elio Basso. They paid $2 (!) for it back in 1976.

View attachment 21100

A crackhouse like that would probably sell for at least 50X that now!

His Twitter account is @iainmclaren. Here's one of his tweets promoting the Indiegogo campaign. This is his profile image. He has an uncropped version of that same image on his Facebook account. You won't be surprised to learn that he's a member of the Atlantic Canada Libertarians...

You'd think a libertarian would want Ford to raise the money himself. This guy should read his Ayn Rand again.

Add it to the list...
If the didn't bust him for drunk driving, an actual danger to others, they wont for that. They are on the trail of something a fair bit more serious, if and or when they actually arrest him, I hope they add all the small stuff too. They'll need to wheel in all the charges on a dolly.

When Ford gets arrested I will be disappointed if it's only one or two charges, even if they're large ones. I'm just getting tired of his supporters acting as if these are all just isolated incidents: Only trying crack the once, appearing in a photo in front of a crack house by pure chance, getting a little too drunk a few times, etc.

I want the charges to really illustrate this isn't a guy who's made a few mistakes here and there but a guy who goes out looking for trouble as part of his daily routine.

View attachment 21100
The house was a gift from someone.

Who?

Is this the "Mayor Rob Ford Dance Party"?

ku-xlarge.gif

K-YYZ: This made the local NYC news on WCBS-CH2 today 12/18 and I will ask:
Are there good feelings between members in the Toronto City Council or is this just making Rob Ford look good to outsiders?
I'm not sure what to make of this one...LI MIKE

Help me. I can't. stop. watching it. :eek:

(note post above Kat's thought)

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

Mayor Rob Ford has issued an open letter to Daniel Dale #TOpoli

Let's see what this one is like

Edit: He's retracted everything and Dale has accepted and is no longer suing.

Last edited:
Daniel Dale's response:
I sincerely appreciate Mayor Ford’s complete retraction and unqualified apology, and I’m very glad the truth is no longer in dispute. I won't be taking legal action against the mayor, and I’m looking forward to getting back to work.

[SUB] [/SUB]
Daniel Dale's response:
I sincerely appreciate Mayor Ford’s complete retraction and unqualified apology, and I’m very glad the truth is no longer in dispute. I won't be taking legal action against the mayor, and I’m looking forward to getting back to work.

I understand why Dale is accepting the apology, but damn, I wish he'd take Ford to court

[SUB] [/SUB]

I understand why Dale is accepting the apology, but damn, I wish he'd take Ford to court

I am with you on both counts. The damage is done, apology or not, but he isn't guaranteed a win and it would not be a fun thing to go through.

So this wasn't another of Ford's "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apology "apologies?" The retraction and apology were actually sincere this time? Or were sufficiently faked to appear so?

Add me to the list of those disappointed that Mayor Moron isn't going to get his enormous ass handed to him in court, but, yeah, I gotta agree with the above sentiments: I can't blame Dale in the slightest for not wanting to go through such a long, dragged-out process that has no guarantee of justice in the end. Ford actually winning this one - God knows how, but it could have happened - would not have been a pleasant outcome to witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back