329     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 499     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I apologize if I got everyone off on some Hitler thing. I was really trying to use obviously absurd hyperbole to demonstrate that Black's excuse for every crazy thing Ford said was that "it's just his opinion," and it's not his job to debate him on air. On the Internet, one inevitably invokes Godwin's Law to point out the absurdity but, yeah...things spiralled there.

Well, personally I don't see the issue with invoking Godwin's Law - just because the actions and outcomes are incomparable doesn't meant that the techniques of mass manipulation and leadership qualities/failures aren't fair game.

In Hitler's case, and in Ford's case, they were both empowered by opportunity, and a polarized electorate. Ford's allies, and supporters, thought they could tame Ford, the same way HItler's allies and supporters thought they could control Hitler.

Scary stuff. Especially given Ford's attitudes towards various minority groups, and left leaners.

Bingo - see above. And there is a huge scapegoating element as well - it identifiable other as the enemy.
It would be quite interesting to see whether paramilitary aspects comes into play given his conflict with legitimate law enforcement bodies. I could easily see the thuggery aspects of that seeping in.

AoD

Last edited:
Stalin got subways built. So, you know, there's that.
Ha.
And really crazy granite apartment blocks.

It's a moustache thing, I guess. Those two are the reason Movember ain't my thing.

I do think it's true that Ford's appeal to the insecure and ill-informed is comparable to Hitler and Stalin's appeal to their insecure and ill-informed subjects at the time.

Man, I now have to go to bed thinking about these three disasters. Awesome.

Good night, all.

Nobody, to my knowledge, has established whether or not the Ford machine has access to CIMS. If so, there is a strong possibility that electoral fraud/tampering/mischief could be a factor come next October.

Yes, that was great.

As soon as Black decided that Ford had lied to him ...(he) realized that his least bad look was to portray himself as a lazy, ignorant hack, with no real interest in the quality of the product he was getting paid to help make. Didn't do any research in advance of the interview, didn't get involved in editorial decisions after the footage was delivered to his bosses.

For a guy who wants to be seen as smarter, shrewder, and better informed than anybody else, that has to hurt. The pain couldn't be more deserved.

This was palpable. A dearly painful moment for our good Lord. When heaven is not within reach, the gutter must be your sanctuary. Mmmm, tasty.

This was palpable. A dearly painful moment for our good Lord. When heaven is not within reach, the gutter must be your sanctuary. Mmmm, tasty.

Aaahhh, so sweet, such a nice post to bring us back from the horrors of 1940's Europe to the comedy of 2013 Toronto. Rob and Doug between them have zero tanks. Conrad Black has said "I AM AN INDOLENT FOOL" on national media. Let us all count our blessings.

Ouch. Those damned commie subways.

re: party

The paranoid in me would love to the food and drinks tested for trace amounts of substances that would be sufficient to trigger positive drug tests results.

AoD

Always remember, "It's not the drugs. It's the polonium."

People are feeling good about the fact that RF is, at least, not a mass murderer?
edit: Not a mass murderer...that we know about.

Last edited:
Metroman, Save us from Nazis and bad teeth! Zivcic and Mandela are both buried, so when are we going to hear the story rumoured last weekend?

According to the Star and other media - the police actually viewed the video so the Ford's didn't impede a police investigation by withholding the video. The fact that Dale wasn't charged after police reviewed the video is proof that Ford lied about Dale "bobbing" up and down over his fence which gets back to my question. Why didn't police charge Ford with public mischief for telling a lie that caused police to open a criminal investigation of Dale?

Links to the articles please. The reason(s) Dale didin't press any charges are mostly his own, record shows Dale didn't want to pursue them.

Wait, what? Rob Ford has annexed Austria and the Sudetenland and threatened to invade Poland? Who knew?

And amazingly enough, he's also a Zionist.

Last edited:
People are feeling good about the fact that RF is, at least, not a mass murderer?
edit: Not a mass murderer...that we know about.

For me "feeling good" are not at all the words I would use. I'm just grateful that it would take a hell of a lot more than the Fords' total lack of integrity, malice to honest critics, appeal to the basest sentiments of voters, etc., to make Toronto a fundamentally scary and repellant place. Props to all those who are pushing back hard.

Maureen, an area resident, asked police the status of crime in the Dixon corridor since Project Traveller.

“Crime is actually on the rise in the area,” reported Sgt. Chris Laush, head of the division’s Somali Liaison Unit.
“Since Project Traveller, some of the parties (arrested) are slowly being released from custody. But we know this. My team of six officers is increasing patrols in the area. We’ve put an action plan together. We’re working with security officers in the Dixon area. It will get better. We’re going to win.”

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...lice-urge-residents-over-telephone-town-hall/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back