650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. Stop responding to them, period. We've all had our moments where we get frustrated and take the bait. Hell, I did it today. But that is their oxygen, pure and simple, and keeps their bullshit ideas in the discourse. Stonewalling is the only way.

Maybe this sounds harsh but I for one am so, so sick of the constant stream of lies, diversions and false argumentation that people who still feel compelled to defend Ford are forced to employ. It's the only way you CAN defend him.

Word.
And it is for precisely the same logic that I think people should stop interviewing Doug Ford.
I know he's good for a laugh and he's always willing to say provocative things but he's just a rookie councillor with a big mouth who lies. Everyone knows what he'll say in any circumstance (though I confess arguing Rob hasn't hung with gang members strikes me as outright delusional) so just STOP giving him airtime.

Discovered video of Rob Ford in Santa gear! ( not really but ....)
[video=youtube;8XV-nwssc6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XV-nwssc6U[/video]

I think this captures so much about the whole Ford affair:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 8m
Doug Ford says the mayor has not done heroin or associated with gang members since he was elected.

To be fair:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 15m
Doug did not caveat the no-heroin-for-Rob denial with a "since he was elected." The question included a "since he was elected." Doug: "No."

Word.
And it is for precisely the same logic that I think people should stop interviewing Doug Ford.
I know he's good for a laugh and he's always willing to say provocative things but he's just a rookie councillor with a big mouth who lies. Everyone knows what he'll say in any circumstance (though I confess arguing Rob hasn't hung with gang members strikes me as outright delusional) so just STOP giving him airtime.
Doug has utter sociopathic contempt for the intelligence of Ford Nation.

His tactic is always that you can fool "all of the people, all of the time"

Re DoFo's presser, sorry, couldn't get past him talking about Stalinist media or whatever. In addition to the bs about denying RoFo's involvement with heroin or gangs "since being elected" which we know is untrue (the gang part any way) does he not see that it is not Blair releasing info, but the courts? They're both dummies.

Has anyone revisited the possibility that the RoFo angry video might be connected to the fact he was being blackmailed?

Good news from Twitter:

Darren Moore ‏@DarrenMooreD22 1h
I find it astonishing that @TorontoPolice is the same force that arrested over 1000 people at G20 but can't arrest 1 mayor for crack use.

Toronto Police ‏@TorontoPolice 1h
@DarrenMooreD22 charges are laid where evidence exists. If evidence doesn't exist police cannot lay charges. Investigation is ongoing ^sm
Retweeted by Edward Keenan

https://twitter.com/thekeenanwire

what a typical police response! about 95% of the people arrested during the G20 were not charged or had their charges dropped.

The vast majority of the 1,105 people rounded up on June 26 and 27 were released without charge or had their charges dropped. Twenty-four have pleaded guilty and 56 are still before the courts.

In total, 321 people were charged. Of those, 187 had charges withdrawn, stayed or dismissed by a judge; 39 completed the direct accountability process, in which they perform community service or make a charitable donation in exchange for having their charge dropped; and 11 signed peace bonds. None have been convicted without first pleading guilty.

Toronto police said they had reasons to arrest people, whether or not the charges held up in court.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...g-g20-released-without-charges/article584387/

I have some trouble figuring out Price's actions re: the tip, too. Perhaps the recovery effort "went bad", and Price/Ford were attempting to get the police to move in and seize the evidence. Don't forget, Price (and Ford, etc.) were at that time probably assuming that Taverner/23 Div. would be handling the investigation/raid. Or perhaps Price thought Towhey was less of a straight arrow than he turned out to be.

Now that is an interesting collection of thoughts. Both the Taverner bit and the Towhey bit make total sense to me.

After all, why wouldn't Taverner and his lackeys handle it? It's in his area and he's their boy! The only thing I have to set against this is Doug's response to Price talling Doug he was going to talk to the police, i.e. "Ahh f-ck Dave!" (I dislike bowdlerisation, but out of respect for the board rules and regulars I'll do it) However, by that point perhaps Doug knew that it wouldn't be Ron 'Taverner ' Ford handling the investigation after all...?

Furthermore, why wouldn't Towhey be onside with whatever bullshit the Fords wanted to pull? After all, Price would surely assume that anyone Doug permitted to be Rob's Chief of Staff would be unteachably loyal, no?

Last edited:
I think this captures so much about the whole Ford affair:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 8m
Doug Ford says the mayor has not done heroin or associated with gang members since he was elected.

Demonstrably false statement. So depressing that even that depressing statement from Doug Ford doesn't even come close to the whole truth.

Last edited:
Cdr108's transcript of what Rob Ford said on the DC-based sports radio show:

We can’t afford it. What you guys are doing down there, I just, I can’t get my head around it because it’s costing a fortune, and I don’t know where you guys are going to find the money, except for the taxpayers pockets.

And I think people are taxed to death, and I don’t mind two-tier health care; if you want health care, you pay for it. I understand that. We have general health care up here, or OHIP we call it, but, you know, it’s gonna cost a fortune for you guys to put in this Obamacare, and I just don’t see how the people are going to be able to afford it, to tell you the truth.

I'd rather be taxed to death than not-medically-treated to death. Ford's unerring ability to choose the worst possible way to make a bad point continues to amaze one and all.

Also, I just read that paragraph of Ford's for like the tenth time, and only just realised that he ended with "...to tell the truth". I guess my mind is just that used to editing out empty Fordisms.

You can't afford anything if you're dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back