News   Jul 16, 2024
 314     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be more info.

(1) It is noted in the Lisi ITO (Brazen II), which itself contains summaries of only a few taps done in Traveller, that by the time of the Traveller arrests (June 13) "thousands" of taps had been obtained in Traveller. It is within the realm of possibility that some of the latter 1,000s concern Ford even though they were not relevant to the Lisi ITO (i.e., not relevant to getting search warrants for Lisi or the dry cleaner guy),

(2) Donovan said on 1010 that more "bombshells" are coming that are not covered in the Lisi ITO.
So that means Donovan and the Star are privy to these taps yet can't publish? Even if there is more stuff it's creeping into my head that the police goal was to expose Ford's sins rather than actually try to investigate him for potential criminal charges.

My teens use all of this slang (except for Hezza, for which I am thankful). On a side note, my daughter has a kindergarten classmate named "Kush", what's up with that?

Sounds like something my psycho ex-fiancée would name a child. (I'm probably the bigger psycho for ever having wasted 3 years of my life with her)

So that means Donovan and the Star are privy to these taps yet can't publish? Even if there is more stuff it's creeping into my head that the police goal was to expose Ford's sins rather than actually try to investigate him for potential criminal charges.

What would the point of that be? If their motive was to damage his credibility (LOL!), charging him with a crime would be more effective than just outing him like this.

There may be more info.

(1) It is noted in the Lisi ITO (Brazen II), which itself contains summaries of only a few taps done in Traveller, that by the time of the Traveller arrests (June 13) "thousands" of taps had been obtained in Traveller. It is within the realm of possibility that some of the latter 1,000s concern Ford even though they were not relevant to the Lisi ITO (i.e., not relevant to getting search warrants for Lisi or the dry cleaner guy),

(2) Donovan said on 1010 that more "bombshells" are coming that are not covered in the Lisi ITO.

So there is Project Traveller and Project Brazen 2.
Is their not another investigation still in the works that seems to be mentioned.

Keep hearing 'investigation is still underway'.

Would this be part of more "bombshells" perhaps?

Last week when we learned that this un-redacted ITO would be coming out - the Toronto Star editor was tweeting teasers that the information (which he had already seen) would be explosive and would take this story "to another level".

I haven't seen anything that brings this to "another level". What am I missing?

We have long known that the Brazen 2 investigation was started when Mayor Ford's senior staff went to police with allegations that Anthony Smith's murder was connected to the crack video. Nothing new there.

We have known all along that Ford was recklessly associating with drug dealers and gang members (hopefully he has left these associates far behind on his road to recovery).

I suppose the only thing that is new is we are now learning that the Mayor was the target of an extortion attempt (in the back of my mind I always thought that this was a possibility). We learned that Toronto Police - under the direction of Bill Blair - knew as far back as March that the Mayor was being extorted by gang members who had stolen Fords phone and that the police inexplicably took no action to recover the stolen phone or arrest the extortionists. To me this is the only bombshell coming out of today's release (a bombshell that has gone over most people's heads).

And with this article we have an explanation for why Rob Ford was not charged with anything. It is clear that he was the target of blackmailers. He was being extorted. Police don't arrest victim's of extortion. I suspect that most people can't grasp this legal concept and are asking why the mayor wasn't charged with a crime for trying to buy the crack video.

Another thing that is becoming clear is police were aware that the Mayor's phone was stolen. They had the person who stole the phone under wire taps AND they heard these people say that they would use the crack video to extort the Mayor and yet police took no action against these criminals? I think Bill Blair has a lot to answer for!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was a would-be extortionist and he was killed by other would-be extortionists. Ford remains a victim of extortion.

The only downside for Ford that I can see is that he denied existence of the crack video when these documents prove he was aware of the video all along - but again lets remember he was being extorted. Under these circumstances I think he gets a pass for being less than candid about the existence of the video. He has already admitted to smoking crack.

You forgot the little bit about Ford buddy Lisi being charged with extortion in attempting to retrieve the video. Only a fool would think Lisi would undertake that enterprise on his own volition. And no, it is not absolutely clear that Smith was murdered by rival extortionists with today's release. Nothing about today's revelations exonerate Ford, or position him as a victim. Nothing.

If Ford was poor, his kids would be with CAS, he'd be under a host of charges, and he'd likely be facing prison time.

Instead we get a botched investigation that wouldn't have existed unless the Star and Gawker got contacted about the video.

I'll say it, after G20 and all the rest of the bullshit we've dealt with:

Fuck the police.

I disagree, the police's main goal was not screwing up Project traveller because Ford was mentioned on those calls.

Once the relevant traveller suspects are before the courts then we will get the details on Fords crimes.

That is not what I said. Donovan referred to info not covered in the Lisi ITO. That might refer to info in the unreleased Traveller wiretaps or it might refer to info from some other source entirely.

Sounds like something my psycho ex-fiancée would name a child. (I'm probably the bigger psycho for ever having wasted 3 years of my life with her)

Are both of you for real? Is it that inconceivable that Kush might mean something else entirely? You know, before the term ever became slang? Possibly in *gasp* another language and/or culture?

Something tells me the Star has another body blow for the Fords coming up. I don't care if he's arrested or not. It's going to get harder and harder to remain a member of Ford Nation as the evidence piles up. When those videos get released, and people see it with their own eyes, and it's as bad as it sounds...voting for that guy is gonna be mighty hard to justify. When the hell is Siad's trial anyway?
They don't care.

As Rick Mercer put it "they will vote for a gerbil if they think it saves them ten dollars"

Add to it Ford's bull in the china shop act and they'll vote for him again. At least 20% of the city is unshakeable in their support of him.

If Ford was poor, his kids would be with CAS, he'd be under a host of charges, and he'd likely be facing prison time.

Instead we get a botched investigation that wouldn't have existed unless the Star and Gawker got contacted about the video.

I'll say it, after G20 and all the rest of the bullshit we've dealt with:

Fuck the police.

And if I was Ford my car insurance would be a lot cheaper because if drunk driving is OK, wtf am I getting speeding tickets for?

I'm still hoping they know what they're doing or letting him off all those drunk driving shenanigans will piss me off. My insurance is over 400 a month because of a few speeding tickets (on 400 series highways) yet he gets to drive drunk. Rubbish.

I actually work for my money.

Last week when we learned that this un-redacted ITO would be coming out - the Toronto Star editor was tweeting teasers that the information (which he had already seen) would be explosive and would take this story "to another level".

I haven't seen anything that brings this to "another level". What am I missing?

We have long known that the Brazen 2 investigation was started when Mayor Ford's senior staff went to police with allegations that Anthony Smith's murder was connected to the crack video. Nothing new there.

We have known all along that Ford was recklessly associating with drug dealers and gang members (hopefully he has left these associates far behind on his road to recovery).

I suppose the only thing that is new is we are now learning that the Mayor was the target of an extortion attempt (in the back of my mind I always thought that this was a possibility). We learned that Toronto Police - under the direction of Bill Blair - knew as far back as March that the Mayor was being extorted by gang members who had stolen Fords phone and that the police inexplicably took no action to recover the stolen phone or arrest the extortionists. To me this is the only bombshell coming out of today's release (a bombshell that has gone over most people's heads).

Every single word that comes out of Ford's mouth is a lie. That doesn't concern you?

Road to recovery? Based on what? Recent lies he's told?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back