News   Jul 16, 2024
 494     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
cropped for clarity

I swear that if the 4th special meeting is called, there are going to be fists flying around. Ford is acting like a high school bully and I've seen him get in other councillors faces and make insulting gestures towards them several times over the past couple of weeks. I would love to see (an unexpected) councillor lose their shit on Ford and drop kick him. It almost happened when Michael Thompson got up in an "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't sit down" manner when Ford rushed towards Minan-Wong but I'd love to see someone like Parker or Cho lose their politeness for just 3 seconds and take a swing at this idiot. That would certainly convince Wynne to finally end this.

Hey uh... Does anyone know if they taped the conversations that Lisi was having on his phone with the mayor, etc? Or is the wire tapping that is going on here just receiving information about the calls...
Wiretapping is listening/recording the content of the calls. Simply finding out when and to which number calls were made is different. They get warrants to get that from the phone service provider.

Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 19s
So Mayor could keep more than 3 staff..maybe 6 or 7. Told most staff want out though.

I saw something somewhere the other day (how's that for a reference) that said his remaining staff were ready to quit en masse. If that was true, perhaps they held off when this motion came out, hoping they can now jump ship to the deputy mayor and not be out of a job. Can you picture the Lord of the Flies scene amongst them, jockeying to avoid being the ones that have to stay with Ford?

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28m
"It's a coup d'état" Mayor Rob Ford http://ow.ly/27Djbs #TOpoli

I always thought that a "coup d'état" was a failed or successful take over of a sitting government by a small faction comprised of by the military or supported by the military. There is also the insinuation that Canada is a third world country or "banana-republic" (or rather Beaver-Republic ;) ).

Not necessarily military (that would be a "military coup"). A coup d'etat is an illegal transition of power. The means could be military, violence (i.e. assassination), judicial, popular revolt, etc.

Are people in this city this stupid?

One lady just called on to AM 1010 to complain that she doesn't care if the mayor does cocaine or use alcohol, all she cares about is the legal feels from any possible litigation because this will raise her property taxes. Damn we are fuckked.

I'm over 50 and I got it :) Hot knives have been around a long time.

Sorry, I guess I'm showing my own age (and lack of acceptance of same). Now, I'm just trying to picture some beatniks sitting around doing hotknives while listening to the news of the Kennedy Assassination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back