5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked to see "studies" in the plural to substantiated a factual claim. You provided social-political agenda pushing disguised as a poorly constructed single study. I reiterate, just because it's the Internet, you aren't required to post unsubstantiated idiotic claims.

Calm down. I didn't say shit. You're screaming at the wrong person. I simply linked the study someone else was referring to so unbunch your drawers. I made no claims to the substance of the study so I'll reiterate, calm down. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you get to scream at people. Cool?

That point was past months ago - the damage is done, and any honestly sincere mea culpa serves no-one except himself.

AoD

I totally agree on that. I was just saying that unless it's used as a real confessional (which it won't be) no one should dignify the TV show by watching it, even to mock it. Torontoist and others that were live-blogging the radio show should just ignore this and not even acknowledge it's existence. There is no value added for any of us at this point. He won't even be more than a "mayor" by the time it airs.

Calm down. I didn't say shit. You're screaming at the wrong person. I simply linked the study someone else was referring to so unbunch your drawers. I made no claims to the substance of the study so I'll reiterate, calm down. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you get to scream at people. Cool?

You made a jackass comment about me not being able to use google for myself, and you offered a chunk of crap study as if it was actually worth something. As far as I'm concerned, you own the stupid and unsubstantiated part of that along with whoever made the original comment.

Personally, I condemn all his despicable behavior and have lost complete respect for him as an effective leader or even elected officials.

However, in the interest of mitigating any further damage to the City I believe the best course of action is to just allow this democratically elected mayor to finish off his term. The collective grandstanding at City Hall only exacerbates the attention on the mayor's past indecretions. It's clear he can't be removed for his past behavior so just suck it up, get back to work, and things will settle down down next fall.

You made a jackass comment about me not being able to use google for myself, and you offered a chunk of crap study as if it was actually worth something. As far as I'm concerned, you own the stupid and unsubstantiated part of that along with whoever made the original comment.

So you demanded the study, I posted the link, said nothing of the contents and now you're losing your shit? Cool. I'll reiterate calm down. You're just being weird now.

I really, really do understand your concern, but the one thing about this that bothers me is that throughout the Ford debacle we've seen many fringe participants painted with dubious characterizations of wrong doing, or immoral and/or unethical behaviour. Yet suddenly when we have a young, pretty blonde woman, who has been openly characterized by independent witnesses during police interviews as trashy (the waiter) or possibly a prostitute (everyone else!), it becomes sexist to discuss her in the context of the ITO interviews.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "A.K." was not one of those individuals attending Bier Markt with Mr. Ford. As per the ITO, her involvement was only as far as meeting Mr. Ford in his office.
It was someone else who attended Bier Markt with Mr. Ford and was spotted by the waiter allegedly doing something untoward in a private room.

I would also like to point out that if these "fringe" or "one-off" participants in Mr. Ford's life are to be hung and quartered, why not any of his former staff members, those who stuck by the mayor as long as they did? Most of us have already criticized Mark Towhey (and rightly so) but what of the other ex-staffers such as Isaac Ransom -- upon whose sole word this thread has collected at least 30 posts regarding whether A.K. is a prostitute or not!

Something to consider.

Personally, I condemn all his despicable behavior and have lost complete respect for him as an effective leader or even elected officials.

However, in the interest of mitigating any further damage to the City I believe the best course of action is to just allow this democratically elected mayor to finish off his term. The collective grandstanding at City Hall only exacerbates the attention on the mayor's past indecretions. It's clear he can't be removed for his past behavior so just suck it up, get back to work, and things will settle down down next fall.

sorry, that train left months ago. A reasonable man with these indescretions would resign. The pressure needs to be kept on Ford until he does the reasonable thing. Until he resigns, have at him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "A.K." was not one of those individuals attending Bier Markt with Mr. Ford. As per the ITO, her involvement was only as far as meeting Mr. Ford in his office.
It was someone else who attended Bier Markt with Mr. Ford and was spotted by the waiter allegedly doing something untoward in a private room.

I would also like to point out that if these "fringe" or "one-off" participants in Mr. Ford's life are to be hung and quartered, why not any of his former staff members, those who stuck by the mayor as long as they did? Most of us have already criticized Mark Towhey (and rightly so) but what of the other ex-staffers such as Isaac Ransom -- upon whose sole word this thread has collected at least 30 posts regarding whether A.K. is a prostitute or not!

Something to consider.

You're wrong. Alana was one of the girls at Bier Markt. From page 155:

nnnn) Mayor FORD wanted to smoke narcotics with Alana and KORDAS but did not
because the staff members pulled him back inside.

oooo) While everyone went to the bar RANSOM stayed behind to clean up. Later
BARNETT and PROVOST told RANSOM that Mayor FORD took a cab to the bar
and started calling the taxi driver a "Paki", threw business cards at him and made
mocking fake language sounds .

pppp) Later RANSOM attended the Bier Markt. Mayor FORD was in a private room at the
back. The Deejay and his girlfriend were also in the room.

qqqq) During the course of the night another female arrived that seemed to be friends with
Alana. Furthermore, Olivia GONDEK showed up. She used to work as a policy
advisor for Mayor FORD and now works for Toronto Hydro. They contacted
GONDEK because they thought that Mayor FORD would listen to her.

They were all at City Hall. And then they all went to Bier Markt except Ransom

My guess is the interview was with Nic Robertson.

CNN's Bill Weir interviewed the Ford brothers. He tweeted this a short while ago:

Bill Weir ‏@BillWeirCNN 1h
Rob and Doug Ford took me to the projects.
And then things got weird.
Can't wait to show you on @CNN Monday. pic.twitter.com/BwnqTAAYfb

BZTDiVzCAAAKpFi.jpg:large

Yesterday I was in NPS and a saw Nic Robertson doing a live remote. He is CNN's war correspondent and I have only seen him covers stories from hot-spots like Iraq and Egypt.

CNN's Bill Weir interviewed the Ford brothers. He tweeted this a short while ago:

BZTDiVzCAAAKpFi.jpg:large

Yesterday I was in NPS and a saw Nic Robertson doing a live remote. He is CNN's war correspondent and I have only seen him covers stories from hot-spots like Iraq and Egypt.

Christ they're so oblivious they think this is all good publicity.

It's insane. They are happy about this. Do they truly lack any semblance of self-awareness?

Well, it's worth remembering that Slob's a genuine moron, and Dougie-poo, for all that he's supposedly "the smart one," is little better than a moderately bright schoolyard bully himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back