387     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 238     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 416     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy admits to smoking crack and driving drunk, and he gets rewarded with his own TV program. Unconscionable, even for the Sun.

I was just having this conversation on Reddit. While yes, management is different, it's not an affiliate situation like with Fox. Sun News Network is the TV wing of Sun Media, the Toronto Sun is its flagship publication. For the Sun's editorial board to write such a strongly worded rebuke of the mayor and then for the company's television arm to pay them money is a looooong way from them having differing views on a specific issue.

At this point, it's just adding more cluster to this ****.

This guy defies logic and reason. As someone already pointed out, the decision to drive while intoxicated is usually made while one is already looped and therefore unable to make a sound decision, but here he is calling knowingly driving with bottle in hand "a mistake". No, it's a crime.

That's both depressing and wrong (not factually wrong, but just plain wrong)

It is completely absurd that there is no mechanism to remove a sitting elected city official. Wynne doesn't need to directly remove Ford, but she needs to give Toronto the legal tools to do it ourselves.

It is completely absurd that there is no mechanism to remove a sitting elected city official. Wynne doesn't need to directly remove Ford, but she needs to give Toronto the legal tools to do it ourselves.
I was going to make a comment about opening Pandora's Box, but after the kitten eating, I think we've had enough.

What about mental competency? Given the quantity of drugs and alcohol he has consumed, and the inappropriateness of both his comments and actions, is that possible?

And BTW, I love that councillors are turning their backs on him. It doesn't accomplish anything, but it's a powerful gesture.

Time for some creative thinking.

Anyone who has legitimate claim to a restraining order against him may want to apply for one, then start attending every council meeting.

Really, the city's at wit's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back