99     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 273     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 338     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pages ago, someone posted a clip of Pinky and the Brain.

Let me tell you a parallel:

Brain comes up with a plan to take over the world. He almost succeeds at taking over the world until his hubris sets in and his plan backfired. He then comes up with another plan to take over the world.

Rob Ford comes up with a plan to take over Toronto. He almost succeeds at taking over Toronto until his hubris sets in and his plan backfired. He then comes up with another plan to take over Toronto.

There is a fatal flaw in your analogy involving the the non-ironic origin of said mouse's name and its could-only-be-ironic application to your real world example.

I'm told that DMW may drop his amendment to ask the Province to remove the Mayor because there's no momentum amongst fellow councillors. When he first mentioned it, it was thought to have widespread -- near unanimous -- support but then councillors went back to their advisors and backed off. Instead, other councillors will be offering amendments that strengthen the language "demanding" that Ford resign, not asking him to.

Of course he won't resign anyway but the point is to prove to Toronto and the world that Ford has lost the confidence of City Council and they will no longer work with him. Filion's motion will fulfil this strategy by taking away Ford's power as Mayor. We're just going to have to live with him until the election but he'll be all bark and no bite. It's only 11 months away anyway.

Come on. He's the Chief of Police, responsible for busting gangs all over the city. You think he's not crossed that point of understanding that his head is on a bounty? I'm sure he carries a weapon at all times unlike most cops who can enjoy some anonymity in their private lives.

Yeah, to expand on that point ... assassination of a Chief of Police is an obviously losing strategy for all but the most delusional criminals. Hypothetical dialogue ...

Serious Bad Guy #1: The chief kinda knows who we are and what kinda crimes we've been doing to make money, and maybe he has an idea of what illegal money-making stuff we have planned for the near future.

Serious Bad Guy #2: Yeah, so what do you think we should do about it?

SBG #1: Well, maybe, it would not so bad if the chief had, like, an accident.

SBG #2: [rolls eyes] WTF? Oh, yeah, good idea, it's not like every other cop in the country, all the prosecutors, every honest politician and most of the semi-honest ones would want to ruin our shit for the rest of our natural lives ...

This should make us all grateful to live in Canada, despite legitimate concerns about the competence and ethics of various elected and appointed officials. There are places in the world where SBG #1 would win the argument, which is terrible for all the honest people in those places.

I'm told that DMW may drop his amendment to ask the Province to remove the Mayor because there's no momentum amongst fellow councillors. When he first mentioned it, it was thought to have widespread -- near unanimous -- support but then councillors went back to their advisors and backed off. Instead, other councillors will be offering amendments that strengthen the language "demanding" that Ford resign, not asking him to.

Of course he won't resign anyway but the point is to prove to Toronto and the world that Ford has lost the confidence of City Council and they will no longer work with him. Filion's motion will fulfil this strategy by taking away Ford's power as Mayor. We're just going to have to live with him until the election but he'll be all bark and no bite. It's only 11 months away anyway.

How is Filion's motion progressing? Does it have enough support?

I'm told that DMW may drop his amendment to ask the Province to remove the Mayor because there's no momentum amongst fellow councillors.

Of course there isn't. We're governed by two bullies amongst a galaxy of cowards. They might as well be the UN. If this turns out to be the case, if they make a lot of noise and do zero holding of feet to any fire, then they're bums, the lot of them. Everyone keeps talking about the "dangerous precedent" of the province removing Ford. Well what about the dangerous precedent of an arrogant, oblivious, dangerously unqualified, nutcase, crackhead, drunk, criminal, liar, who has been found guilty twice of breaking campaign finance and conflict-of-interest laws, and has admitted to smoking crack with the very gangs he's talked about "exiling" from the city, being asked by every human being who doesn't share his last name, his IQ, or his signature on their paycheque (metaphorically speaking for his office staff) to resign immediately for the good of himself and the city he supposedly leads, telling all of them to fuck off, he's staying, and no one having a GODDAMN THING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT? How's that precedent grab you? Does anyone like the idea of this supermassive moral black hole of a man just spitting in everyone's face and the only thing anyone can do is give him the silent treatment? Even a goddamn six year old gets a time out when he does something bad. This is disgusting. Fuck every single one of them if this is how it turns out.

EDIT: Sorry for the profanity. I'm just so tired of people saying lots and doing nothing and this man smirking.

Last edited:
You have the floor, pal. Please do tell.

Don't have much, other than someone I trust socializes with a group of these types, who were saying tonight that the info in the court docs regarding Doug Ford will be shocking. What they deem shocking might not hold up to the theories put forward on this forum, so take it with whatever degree of salt you wish.

I'm merely passing on the gossip circulating in a circle who might be privy to details not yet in the public eye. No specifics unfortunately.

Last edited:
Don't have much, other than someone I trust socializes with a group of these types, who were saying tonight that the info in the court docs regarding Doug Ford will be shocking. What they deem shocking might not hold up to the theories put forward on this forum, so take it with whatever degree of salt you wish.

If something can be deemed "shocking" at this point, it must be pretty sleazy indeed.

Just wondered, does anyone think Bill Blair is any fear of his life? That sort of crossed my mind.

A different thing crossed my mind (twigged by reports of Ford Nation shirts being given away tomorrow): that somehow, Ford thugs would start a bloody riot in NPS tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back