News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 634     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norm Kelly the apologist:

"I've played football and hockey when I was in my teens, language of the locker room" -Norm Kelly #topoli

AoD

Yeah, Norm. In your teens you talked like that when you were in a locker room. But you're an adult now, and even back then you didn't do it outside of a locker room. Thanks for proving the point.

Norm Kelly the apologist:

"I've played football and hockey when I was in my teens, language of the locker room" -Norm Kelly #topoli

Cute - simultaneously attempting to minimize the outburst AND connect with a segment of the electorate.

AoD

Maybe the video was shot by players on his football team, winding him up about various things for a laugh.

Sounds like this clip is definitely having an impact, if you read about the commotion at city hall at the moment. Remember, regardless of context, what we have here is footage of an obviously coked-up mayor talking about how he is going to gruesomely murder someone (or someones). Just because we're desensitized to Ford news doesn't mean that that alone isn't explosive.

So, ah, which video is this? Because presumably it's not the one that shows "the unthinkable". And it's not the 2nd Blair video. Is this #3? Is there a fourth (that's being discussed)?

stick to the technical evidence.

time stamp and location!

They may not get that. It looks like the version they have is a recording of a recording and not the original. You can tell by the top edge of the iPhone's frame that's there in the clip.

Sounds like this clip is definitely having an impact, if you read about the commotion at city hall at the moment. Remember, regardless of context, what we have here is footage of an obviously coked-up mayor talking about how he is going to gruesomely murder someone (or someones). Just because we're desensitized to Ford news doesn't mean that that alone isn't explosive.
Maybe it's the $16 glass of orange juice. You just can never tell what will be the proverbial straw or what will get people REALLY mad. Also, most people read headlines, they don't read the whole story, so for a lot of folks, it's just been a story about the mayor admitting to trying crack cocaine. They don't know about the surveillance (because I still think the news of the video being real overshadowed that) or all the other goings on.

Also, scanning the comments sections, people are NOT giving him as much of a pass on this as they gave him over the crack confession.

Last edited:
Star editor on CP24 providing no additional context...just asking the same questions being asked here...he did say no one was getting rich off of what was paid for it...

It's interesting with all the talk of this wrestling analogy in relation to the video that yesterday the Iron Sheik paid a visit to city hall and today it's an afternoon appearance by Brutus Beefcake. Coincidence?

OK, for real, I DO NOT want to be seen as writing this off or a Ford apologist of any kind. Put it this way: if I were coked to the gills I would probably say similar stuff about him. ;)

I shared my impression of this video, don't want to piss anyone off who's hoping it leads to something bigger, I'm done talking about it. FWIW I hope it somehow does become another piece of evidence.

No, you're not pissing anyone off. Everyone is speculating. Without context no one can say for sure.

It's interesting with all the talk of this wrestling analogy in relation to the video that yesterday the Iron Sheik paid a visit to city hall and today it's an afternoon appearance by Brutus Beefcake. Coincidence?

This whole thing with the wrestlers is just cheap publicity from a pair of brothers - http://www.magenboys.com/ - who have an event this weekend

Should be noted Beefcake was a coke addict as well

edit: the event is in town tonight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back