821     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 519     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 256     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm trying to get at: he's obviously raving coked up, his mind is going in a billion directions at once, probably talking to some guy while thinking about his work troubles, the media, etc., bullshit is just tumbling out of his mouth, unfiltered.

Trust me, no one would love it more than me if this was a full-on murder plot and Ford was caught on camera talking about it. But it really doesn't sound that way to me.

This. I think people are really putting too much faith in a coke-head's ability stay focused on single train of thought. The dude is nuts, and I won't be surprised if it turns out that he was involved in murder or whatever, but this video is evidence of the effect that coke has on people, not much else.

"liars thieves birds"

Anyone out there know what bird is slang for* and where and by whom that slang is used?

* Excluding 1960s UK slang for girl.
According to urbandictionary.com, a "bird" is a brick of cocaine, 36 ounces. But, "liars, thieves, 36 ounces of coke" doesn't make sense.

That video was taped with a camera pointed at a cellphone playing the original video. That yellow bar you see at times is the camera taking in the top of the iPhone that is actually playing the video. Not sure what it means - just an interesting point.

Also, The Toronto Star might have been working on context but felt pressured to release it sooner because The Sun did. I'm sure The Star is still working on context.

This is not some abstract situation he's talking about. He's talking about another individual. It's him or them, by the sounds of it.
It could be metaphorical, but he seems pretty agitated, even for a guy all hepped up on goofballs.

if you take him literally there for his word, then you also have to believe that he's planning on making some sort of charitable donation after the fact. you can really hurt your brain trying to extract meaning from the ravings of someone on a coke binge, trust me.

"liars thieves birds"

Anyone out there know what bird is slang for* and where and by whom that slang is used?

* Excluding 1960s UK slang for girl.

Birds chirp ...chirp.. talk too much.

He is pissed of at someone specific even if he is hopped up. He is ranting about something specific and I think about the Globe article maybe...timing seems right. Or Doolittle and Donovan maybe?

By the looks of it, The Star did not get their hands on the original video--it looks like it was recorded off-screen (another iPhone), which means the only timestamp would be of whenever it was re-recorded. A shame.

That's what I'm trying to get at: he's obviously raving coked up, his mind is going in a billion directions at once, probably talking to some guy while thinking about his work troubles, the media, etc., bullshit is just tumbling out of his mouth, unfiltered.

Trust me, no one would love it more than me if this was a full-on murder plot and Ford was caught on camera talking about it. But it really doesn't sound that way to me.
it's not a serious full-on murder plot, but it's not a sports event either, no way.

It's an angry rant about something real (might be the directed at the crack video blackmailers... or just the media). The people filming him seem to find it funny to watch him go off like this, but that doesn't mean that later on (when he's come down from his high, and other decision-makers like Doug are in the room), the real talk about what to do about the "m*therf*ckers" won't take place.

But yeah, it's no smoking gun. Considering what they paid, I hope the Star can access the video's time stamp.

This is a tiny piece of the puzzle, admittedly, but it's on video. Many of his elderly supporters would probably object to his language and suggestions of violence. We have set the bar so low that we don't consider this even newsworthy, but he's clearly unstable and most likely coked up. It does not make him look good. It's not a smoking gun, but it helps the cause.

Don't forget Howard Dean's political ambitions were thwarted by one enthusiastic shriek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwkNnMrsx7Q

Also the Star may have had their hand forced by the Sun (much like the original Gawker story forcing them to go to print under less than perfect circumstances. Hopefully more info will follow. Either way, it's not irrelevant.

I also think it looks more like a couch armrest than a leg.

But what about the yellow frame?
http://youtu.be/y2hN8y9vD2k?t=18s
Could this be some kind of window? (e.g. a pass-through between a kitchen and a living/dining room?) Maybe the person filming was not even in view of Ford. It doesn't sound as if the other voices are closer to the recording than Ford is.

"I will donate" - maybe referring to donate to crackstarter campaign?

The guys are pro's - referring to the gangs that presumably were attempting to extort him / sell video...

What if video was concurrent with Gawker story release?...that evening? - although crackstarter didn't start right away.

Last edited:
it's not a serious full-on murder plot, but it's not a sports event either, no way.

It's an angry rant about something real (might be the directed at the crack video blackmailers... or just the media). The people filming him seem to find it funny to watch him go off like this, but that doesn't mean that later on (when he's come down from his high, and other decision-makers like Doug are in the room), the real talk about what to do about the "m*therf*ckers" won't take place.

But yeah, it's no smoking gun. Considering what they paid, I hope the Star can access the video's time stamp.

OK, one more time (can't help myself): my read is, he started off talking about how he wanted to kick SOMEone's ass, specifically---sure, maybe Kevin Donovan's. By the time the video starts he has segued into talking about how he could kick anyone's ass, because the Ford brothers are so tough. I bet he just brought up Mike Tyson before filming started. Thinks he can fight any young guy. Wants to have a boxing match for charity. But his rage is still directed at someone in particular.

Last edited:
Starting to think this is just a matter of Ford high off his gourd and his friend winding him up. At first I thought the "these kids are pros" line was pretty damning, it now seems like he's just talking about the strength of Ford's imaginary opponent, hence his response: "Yeah? No problem, no problem."

O/T but... anyone getting any work done today? :p
Head-Spin.gif

Attachments

• Head-Spin.gif
    Head-Spin.gif
    969 bytes · Views: 618
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back