382     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.5K     2 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, indeed; Ford could wind up arrested and charged *not* for what's being uncovered in these investigations, but for his present-and-future reaction to what's being uncovered in these investigations.

And re the delusional stubbornness of Ford Nation: don't forget (aside from how "racialized" that was) the OJ Simpson diehards in 1995.

Agreed. Look at the outright anger bubbling just below the surface in his dealings now with just about everyone around him. I'm surprised Norm Kelly didn't leave their meeting yesterday with a black eye. How long will he be able to maintain his composure?

I don't care about the Ford nation crowd anymore. Public distaste for Ford is so strong among the non mentally-unbalanced that, even if by some miracle it was orchestrated that Ford run and win again, he would be torn limb from limb by an angry crowd before he even got to the podium to make his victory speech. It would simply not be stood for.

Agreed. For too long we've been held hostage to the whining and attacks from Ford Nation. Time to shut them out. Ford could microwave a kitten on live TV and these people would vote for him. If we ignore them, then we take away their power. They need to understand they don't have any. I am tired of this city being bullied by Ford and his brain dead 'Nation'.

I'm sure it's been suggested here before but RoFo's lack of impulse control (and substance abuse) is entirely consistent with minor traumatic brain injuries associated with playing football.

I agree, this is going to end in a fight or worse at some point.

I woke up too early today, so I decided to look over the ITO again. There is definitely more to this investigation than we think, this is not about a guy selling pot from a dry cleaners, nor is it about the video. Something else is driving this investigation.

Agreed. For too long we've been held hostage to the whining and attacks from Ford Nation. Time to shut them out. Ford could microwave a kitten on live TV and these people would vote for him. If we ignore them, then we take away their power. They need to understand they don't have any. I am tired of this city being bullied by Ford and his brain dead 'Nation'.
Yes, Ford Nation is a strange phenomenon and not easily explicable BUT they did vote for him and too many of the rest of us didn't bother to vote at all. If we want to get rid of Ford and elect a Mayor we can all be proud of then we need to encourage non-voters to vote! (Particularly those who think like us, of course :->)

My guess for today's radio show: Ford will quickly go from "Yeah so what, I have a few drinks sometimes" right to "And if you don't like it, let's have an election! I want to have an election. Let the TAXPAYERS decide if I should step down! These lefty councillors and their lattes don't get to decide who should step down, I'm the hardest working man in the city!"

My guess for today's radio show: Ford will quickly go from "Yeah so what, I have a few drinks sometimes" right to "And if you don't like it, let's have an election! I want to have an election. Let the TAXPAYERS decide if I should step down! These lefty councillors and their lattes don't get to decide who should step down, I'm the hardest working man in the city!"

I suspect he might play the pity card - to win back defectors and give him more reason to assign blame. Also takes the heat off the 'Bully' scenario.

Don't forget; price of democracy, holier than thou, most honest politician in Canada, convicted without a trial, Blair crossed the line. I'm sure we could make a bingo game of the slogans they use today.

"Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal

Muni Lawyer: provision for ford to take up to 3 mos leave, longer with council approval. Early elxn only if mayor resigns + council approves"

Makes it sound like he can't really call election without resigning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back