439     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 604     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is clear. The handbook states "unless the circumstances clearly indicate otherwise" and then it goes on to list the things an elected official can and cannot do. It is a very weakly written rule. Ford can simply state that "under the circumstances" what he did was appropriate. Not that it really matters now. At this stage misuse of official letterhead is the least of Fords problems.

this whole ford saga has highlighted a lot of rules at city hall that need to be revisited and revamped, or newly created.

Perhaps pawn was the wrong word. I feel like he's a tool, a means to an end, and that he was escalated to his position specifically to serve other people's needs (at the expense of tax payers and the amazing city of Toronto).

Third. It was the first thing that popped to mind when I read that.

I am even more convinced now that the Ford's are and have been involved in drug trafficking and that Doug is the real criminal, Rob's a pawn.

More kid-glove treatment for man accused as an accessory in the Anthony Smith murder. His bail conditions have been altered allowing him to leave the Province.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/accused-in-anthony-smith-slaying-has-bail-altered-1.2159005

It certainly is seeming like something is going on. Especially with the information about Amin Massoudi's incident involving the police and marijuana.

I hope this isn't all about weed -- but then it's rare that serious dealers only deal in one substance. They'll have a focus, but there's usually a bit of everything around.

did lisi and macintyre see the same judge due to type of offense and location, or is there more to it?

After a trial, Justice Paul French dismissed five of the charges. Mr. Lisi was convicted of verbally threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, a conviction that he is now appealing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...iate-now-facing-drug-charges/article14984239/

The mayor and his sister Kathy Ford "are generous and forgiving in not wanting (her ex-boyfriend) Scott MacIntyre to go to jail," stated Justice Paul French at the sentencing hearing on June 12, 2012.

http://www.thelondoner.ca/2013/09/10/mayor-rob-ford-asked-judge-to-free-drug-dealer

Are Rob/Doug Ford being blackmailed?
Remember what Scott MacIntyre said when he busted in Rob's house: “You and your family are going to get it. You are going to pay for it." Are the Fords actively in pursuit of keeping people silent?

Are Rob/Doug Ford being blackmailed?
Remember what Scott MacIntyre said when he busted in Rob's house: “You and your family are going to get it. You are going to pay for it." Are the Fords actively in pursuit of keeping people silent?

I can't decide if that's a threat to disclose or a threat that "others" are not happy. Either way, too many balls in the air for Rob to keep juggling, the stuff just keeps coming.

I can't decide if that's a threat to disclose or a threat that "others" are not happy.
That's what I'm worried about. That there are many, many "others". I know I've said this before but I worry that it is quite possible that there is a mass conspiracy to keep things on the down low. Think about it. Nobody would benefit if it's exposed that the mayor is corrupt, the police force is corrupt, the mafia have infiltrated our society. Who would want to do business with a city that is corrupt? Who would want to visit a city like that? Our reputation would be shattered. Perhaps there's a "need to know" policy in effect? ("Need-to-know (like other security measures) can be misused by persons who wish to refuse others access to information they hold in an attempt to increase their personal power, prevent unwelcome review of their work, prevent embarrassment resulting from actions or thoughts, or to cover up illegal actions." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_to_know#Problems_and_criticism). It's clear that there's way more to this story than just a mayor that likes to do drugs. Whatever it is, is it something that the general public can comprehend and handle?

That's what I'm worried about. That there are many, many "others". I know I've said this before but I worry that it is quite possible that there is a mass conspiracy to keep things on the down low. Think about it. Nobody would benefit if it's exposed that the mayor is corrupt, the police force is corrupt, the mafia have infiltrated our society. Who would want to do business with a city that is corrupt? Who would want to visit a city like that? Our reputation would be shattered. Perhaps there's a "need to know" policy in effect? ("Need-to-know (like other security measures) can be misused by persons who wish to refuse others access to information they hold in an attempt to increase their personal power, prevent unwelcome review of their work, prevent embarrassment resulting from actions or thoughts, or to cover up illegal actions." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_to_know#Problems_and_criticism). It's clear that there's way more to this story than just a mayor that likes to do drugs. Whatever it is, is it something that the general public can comprehend and handle?

It's been discussed before on this forum, I can't remember the details, but I remember the words "rabbit hole" being used. Don't know if the rot goes that deep, but Rob certainly keeps very interesting company. To say the least.

When was the last time we had all three levels of government involved in scandals, lies and cover-ups, all at the same time? We seem to have the worst, self-serving scoundrels running things in this country and I'm wondering who's to blame? Ford is clearly the worst of the bunch but no surprise there. Anybody who watched Ford as a councillor, should have known he was going to go down in flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back