477     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 505     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 419     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Mammoliti was on the 6:00 news with camera in hand photographing the dyke parade stating "he's reporting back to the Mayor". Turns out the 'Queers Against Israeli Apartheid' group turned up and marched under the banner "We Stand With Queers in Palestine" then behind that many wore shirts such as "Dykes Against Israeli Apartheid" & such.
Stupid dummies - they've just give Ford and his crew the ammo they need to cancel city funding- The organizers of the pride parade have demonstrated that their word is worthless.

As for Queers in Palestine, surely everyone knows that any homosexuals found-out in the Muslim world would be attacked, tried and killed. I would think that Israel is the only safe place to be openly homosexual in the Middle East.

Aside from the whole debacle (which I blame on the organizers), does anyone find Mamolitti's actions to be a bit spiteful- in the "I'm definitely going to find something wrong with you" sort of way?

Last edited:
Aside from the whole debacle (which I blame on the organizers), does anyone find Mamolitti's actions to be a bit spiteful- in the "I'm definitely going to find something wrong with you" sort of way?

Of course it's spiteful, do you think he cares? No! He was quite smug when briefly interviewed on CTV tonight.

I wonder if Pride Toronto has a legal case against the City if they cut funding over this incident.

Ford forced the TCHC into submission, and is doing the same with Pride.

edit: typo

Last edited:
Mammoliti should be held in opprobrium because of his smarmy, superior pissant attitude and suspicious actions. What a brave and moral hack. Out personally filming the womyn for "surveillance".

Whoever these people were, marching, had every right in the world to do so. No funding should or can be pulled over this. To try and censor any words associated with...whatever this is....would be a futile, messy can of worms to open.

If there's one thing Pride has always been about, despite it's recent corporate gloss, it is non-censorship.
Now, that said, if the city does actually make some serious moves toward pulling funding for next year - it's not like Pride won't happen. But it might be a great deal more furious. Is this what the Ford goons want to bring upon their head? Because, it will still happen, but it will not be as orderly, pleasant or official.

Mammoliti has just declared himself an enemy of the gay community, a proponent of censorship and a general asshat. Nice move.

As for Queers in Palestine, surely everyone knows that any homosexuals found-out in the Muslim world would be attacked, tried and killed. I would think that Israel is the only safe place to be openly homosexual in the Middle East.
Hang on. Are you saying that because Muslim discriminate against gays in the Middle East, that it's okay for Jews to discriminate against Muslims?

That makes no sense at all? The next leap is to say that because Jews discriminate against Muslims in Israel, it's okay for Christians to discriminate against Jews in New Zealand - which also makes no sense.

Justifying bigotry because other people do it too is a cop-out.

I think his point is that there isn't a good enough reason to have a 'queers against israeli apartheid' group. I'm sure they can demonstrate their issues with israel without their sexuality being relevant in the equation at all.

It'd be like a 'black people against jewish discrimination' group. It is completely unnecessary and pathetic, really.

I'm picking up a couple of these tomorrow morning before they sell out

Ford-sucks.jpg

from CTV

I think his point is that there isn't a good enough reason to have a 'queers against israeli apartheid' group. I'm sure they can demonstrate their issues with israel without their sexuality being relevant in the equation at all.

It'd be like a 'black people against jewish discrimination' group. It is completely unnecessary and pathetic, really.
I don't see any particular reason that we should ban black people from campaigning against anti-semitism. Can you offer a reason?

What about white Canadians and Americans campaigning against South African apartheid in the 1980s?

There's a legitimate protest to be made against the continued illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. It is not at all anti-Semitic. Israel is a country that is not one and the same with the faith. Besides, the protest is not anti-Israel, it is anti-occupation (or Pro-Palestinian if you prefer). What about the "Not in Our Name" Jews protesting in front of Indigo on Bay? Why doesn't Mammolitti go bug them? They are out every Friday afternoon. Oh yeah, he's got an anti-gay agenda with a nice little wedge issue to push.

The QuAIA is a nice convenient excuse for knuckle-dragging opportunists like Mammolitti to attack Pride. They are not endorsed as a participating group, they have no official status. QuAIA bowed out voluntarily so that it wouldn't threaten Pride from those who want to kill it, and not be a distraction from the main point of the weekend, and that was the right move given the politics of today. You can't expect the organizers to control a small renegade group. What are they supposed to do? Search bags for signs, hire paid-duty cops to arrest anyone caught with a dissenting opinion? After all, the message passes the city anti-discrimination policy, even if a few gnash their teeth because of it

Last edited:
Of course it's spiteful, do you think he cares? No! He was quite smug when briefly interviewed on CTV tonight.

I wonder if Pride Toronto has a legal case against the City if they cut funding over this incident.

Ford wanted QUEERS AGAINST ISRAELI APARTHEID to pull out, which they did. You cannot control every small renegade group in an event as large as Pride from speaking out, and last time I checked, it was a small group of women that anti-gay idiot taped.

Isn't Giorgie-boy facing a serious audit? Maybe he is trying to deflect attention away, or he really is just a homophobic idiot?

You do realize that there are some Muslim countries that are democracies and where homosexuality is not a crime? Would you believe some Muslim cities have gay bars? It's still far from perfect, but that is a very broad generalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back