174     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 452     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 629     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whats supposed to be so problematic about this latest controversy.

There's nothing at the current moment to suggest Ford did anything to circumvent the background checks.

If something does come up to suggest that, then that would be a controversy. For all we know (and for what the article suggests), "Peter Payman" was the one who deliberately circumvented the necessary background checks. If Ford simply brought him in, then he did nothing wrong. It was up to the school board to decide whether to hire this man given his criminal record.

I thought I was reading a post by forgotten until I saw the nick.

Global News has just reported that TPS does own a Cessna with camera on board. Glad we saved on rental fees.

Here is a link to Globals "exclusive" report http://globalnews.ca/news/893081/do...-aircraft-outfitted-with-surveillance-camera/

I actually revealed details of this secret aircraft in this forum four days ago!

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=768468#post768468

Surprising how few members of council know about the existence of this aircraft or if they do they are acting dumb like the detestable Pam McConnell who was interviewed for this piece .

More details (from Radioreference.com)

Okay, so Miller wouldn't let the City have a helicopter, but he let them have a fixed-wing aircraft?

I've heard an airplane used by MSS/Gangs & Guns for the better part of a year, but I had always figured it was a rental... I guess not.

2 Dyas Road is where the MSS base is. Very interesting.

Aircraft Information

Mark: C-FZRR
Common Name: Cessna Model Name: 206H
Serial No: 20608189
Basis for Eligibility for Registration: Type Certificate - CAR Standard 507.02 (1), 507.03 (3) - A212
Category: Aeroplane Max take-off weight: 1406.14 kgs
Engine: 1, Piston
Regional Office: Toronto Year Imported: 2003
Base of Operations: CANADA , Ontario, Toronto-Buttonville

Last Registered Owner Information

Name: Toronto Police Services Board
Trade Name Used Toronto Police Services
Care of Det. Burton #6569
Address: 2 Dyas Road
City: Toronto Province/State: Ontario
Postal Code: M3B 1V5 Country: CANADA
Region: Ontario
Mail Recipient: Yes

Last edited:
Just heard Patrick White do did the Globe Story on "Payman" on As It Happens, said Aboodowleh, and many other friends of Ford, said they would be "floored" by what they could tell them about the Mayor.

Random creative license alert issued for...

If I was a writer for Los Pollos/Etiquetas Ford, this would make for a most intriguing plot twist:

On the reality show "Border Crossing," some of the intercepted contraband was labels permeated with drugs.

Let's face it people... this whole thing is a smear campaign, and an incredibly effective one at that.

Rob Ford's smear campaign on Rob Ford.

If I was a writer for Los Pollos/Etiquetas Ford, this would make for a most intriguing plot twist:

On the reality show "Border Crossing," some of the intercepted contraband was labels permeated with drugs.
Ooooh, good one! The plot of Los Decos Hermanos becomes ever more clear.

I've speculated numerous times here about the possibility of Deco being "more than just labels" - it would make a lot of sense given Ford's past, and it would be pretty easy given Deco's locations across the border... I'm sure after a certain amount of familiarity (and/or other incentives) it's pretty easy to just get waved through the border. Obviously it's pure speculation... but if you want to go deeper, you have to wonder where/how Doug and the family got the Hashish blocks back in the day. It all gets into the country somehow...

Again, if the Fords are drug importers, then why is poor Rob trolling through Dixon to get his own supplies? It just doesn't make sense.

Again, if the Fords are drug importers, then why is poor Rob trolling through Dixon to get his own supplies? It just doesn't make sense.

hey, don't be a vibe buster! the thread is auto-generating the never shot 6th season of The Wire.

Let's face it people... this whole thing is a smear campaign, and an incredibly effective one at that.

Rob Ford's smear campaign on Rob Ford.

Yesss.... Excellent! Nicely put.

Maybe Ford should try E.D. Smith instead of Smuckers in his PBJs.

If such an alleged situation allegedly occurred, perhaps the older siblings deliberately kept details from the baby of the family in order to honestly say he knew nothing. As we all know, it is difficult to comment on things one has not seen that may or may not, or may have and no longer, exist.

There's also what I'll call the Pumpkin Spice/Eggnog Latte syndrome. The boss only brings it in seasonally, so if you really need a fix, you have to find a place that carries it year round, or, make like a squirrel: stock up and stash your proverbial nuts throughout the neighbourhood.

Let's also face the fact that some people like to live dangerously and/or feel invincible, be it by drug, design, or delusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back