435     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 547     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which promise? The 12km of new subway lines, 10 new stops, all by 2015, and all through private funding?

robfordtransitplan.png

To be fair, he's managed to complete Victoria Park, Warden and Kennedy in time.

Rob Ford just got the transit he promised. Dude is SO getting re-elected. I'm going to watch this thread explode when he does. :cool:

Harper pledged only $660-million. There's still a $400-million gap that needs to be filled.

Rob Ford just got the transit he promised. Dude is SO getting re-elected. I'm going to watch this thread explode when he does. :cool:

1) No P3
2) 2025(?) instead of 2015.
3) Campaigned primarily for Sheppard subway after election, no real word of other possible subways.
4) "Ford's" proposal plan for subway is not his proposal.

I don't know why Ford has not embraced the Prov. plan, which of course has actual numbers, since it is closest to his original proposal.

Well, I guest Populists do as Populists do, and stick together like all politicians to garner votes.

Which promise? The 12km of new subway lines, 10 new stops, all by 2015, and all through private funding?

robfordtransitplan.png
That map is hilarious. I love how the red line begins between Main and Victoria Park stations. I had no idea that there was new construction needed between those two stations!

you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You've made some big promises that have not come to pass. So a vague dismissal at this point is difficult to take seriously.

As for the others who replied to my post, I take many of your counterarguments, and I was probably speaking in overly inflammatory terms. My main point is this: people on this thread and elsewhere have acted like Doots and the Star gang are these selfless Marvel superheroes fighting tooth and nail to get the truth in print. The reality is that they will - and are - abandoning this story because there are much easier stories to chase that will cover them come award and performance review season. So don't expect them to save this city from the Fords. They can't, and won't, and aren't interested in doing so.

I wouldn't be so confident. That lefty Olivia Chow has almost twice as much support as Ford (~60%:30%). And the man still loses to Chow even in a hypothetical four way race. But we still have a year to go. He may pull off a miracle.

I don't know why that would be a good thing, considering that there are much better potential examples of conservatism out there.

Ford has basically lost the support of the rich Conservatives that donate big money. They'll be supporting another right wing candidate. And then we'll have Karen Stintz as well running. Makes me wonder if the conservative vote could end up being split three ways. That's not good news for Ford considering that at best (1:1 race, Chow v. Ford), he has 30% support at the moment.

The same thing could happen to Chow, but she's apparently gotten assurances that Adam Vaughan and Sheryl Kelly won't be running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back