5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were listening to Friendly Fire that night, even Ryan Doyle was jumping off the Rob Ford bandwagon over this - And aside from Jerry Aguiar, he is probably the furthest-right host on the station.

I don't know why you would caution someone not to listen to the station. They provide a lot of interesting conversations and have some characters that are entertaining to listen to - Whether you agree or disagree with them.

Should we only listen to the media we agree with?

Was being totally serious when I said that he shouldn't listen to it. That would be rather hypocritical of me since I listen to station quite frequently and enjoy their content, though I don't always agree with it. Nice to hear other perspectives.

Yeah. If Peter Leon truly will stick to the fact that he will NOT run in the next general election, then he would obviously be by far the best candidate to be appointed to council. It's a rigth-of center ward, it won't all of a sudden turn to left.

It would be inappropriate for council to elect someone who doesn't share Holyday's general views. It's a bit like House Speaker Carl Albert's position after Agnew's VP resignation. As next in line to the presidency, Agnew (a Democrat) declared that he would decline the position since Nixon was Republican and it wouldn't respect the electorate's will.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m

How much marijuana has he smoked? "A lot," Rob Ford says.

I guess Harper and other CPC ministers will have to attack Ford for this like they are attacking Trudeau?
I think Ford's admission today was meant to set up a defense front for when the crack video comes out. Now he can tell his people that it was just pot he was smoking.

So did I. If the video shows the pipe being lit from the bottom as reported, I wonder how many will accept that that means it can't be pot?
I think his hardcore base (no pun intended) don't care. If Ford says it's pot, they will believe him. I doubt 70 year olds will google "difference between crack smoking and pot smoking". They trust their leader.

I think his hardcore base (no pun intended) don't care. If Ford says it's pot, they will believe him. I doubt 70 year olds will google "difference between crack smoking and pot smoking". They trust their leader.

For me, this was his only logical defense from Day 1. That it was a pipe with weed or even hash. But crack cocaine? "Of course not!"

Even if he says it was 'only' weed how does that make it much better? Still doing drugs with gangbangers, still lied about the video, still photographed with people connected to the video who were shot and killed -- everything is simply validated by the admission. The only thing that changes is that it was a slightly less seedy drug.

He counts on people having short memories, i.e., how many times has he lied about things? People for some reason forgive him his continual lies. They also forgive him for being woefully uninformed on things like transit and conflict of interest. And now they seem just as willing to forgive him for having questionable friends, probable drunk driving, inappropriate behaviour. It really is astounding.

I think Ford's admission today was meant to set up a defense front for when the crack video comes out. Now he can tell his people that it was just pot he was smoking.

it can also be turned into a positive campaign by the right against marijuana if anybody argues ford smokes crack. By admitting he smoked marijuana, anybody claiming hes a crackhead would be re-affirming the false notion that weed is a gateway drug.

It depends on what was released today to the legal team representing the media. If Ford's name wasn't redacted from the documents, the Chief will want to get ahead of any leaks. I'm still waiting (as are all of us I'm sure) to find out if anything damning was in the warrants that are being looked over. We should know by either tonight or at least before the week is over.

I'm looking for the silence of certain reporters (quiet and busy means they got a lead and are following up on it to publish a story soon after) or for a press conference being called by the TPS (the Chief announcing charges and/or non criminal connections about the mayor's involvement in a police investigation).

But the documents have only been released to Media Counsel. in fact, even the media can't see them yet.

Their counsel won't be making arguments until Sept 12th. After that, they can write stories about it.

Question:
The way redactions work, only people who are suspects part of the investigation wont be redacted correct?

if ford was involved but as a witness or mole, will his name get redacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back