1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he announcing he is getting a driver? :->

Media Advisory

July 23, 2013

Mayor Ford to highlight project aimed at improving traffic flow, safety
Mayor Rob Ford will introduce plans for a pilot project on Toronto streets that is aimed at improving traffic flow, clarity of parking regulations and pedestrian safety.

Date: Tuesday, July 23
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Location: University Avenue (south of Armoury Street, east side, adjacent to fountain)

Nope. Just painted curbs for no parking zones. Another pilot project.

Of course we all know that Ford's recent penchant for pop-up press conferences like the one planned for today, are examples of Robo-Flop trying to 'undo' the messes that he's created for himself. This latest one, like those in the recent past, scream 'look at me...I'm being a Mayor!

As an aside, I have to say that I've never seen such an erratic politician as Ford. He often looks like he's half asleep or he just rolled out of bed. Then, other times he's acts like he's on an immense sugar high. I have to shake my head an remember that he's a grown man and not a 5 year old getting excited about making mud pies.

Last edited:
Of course we all know that Ford's recent penchant for pop-up press conferences like the one planned for today, are examples of Robo-Flop trying to 'undo' the messes that he's created for himself.

As an aside, I have to say that I've never seen such an erratic politician as Ford. He often looks like he's half asleep or he just rolled out of bed. Then, other times he's acts like he's on an immense sugar high. I have to shake my head an remember that he's a grown man and not a 5 year old getting excited about making mud pies.

I'm kind of thinking there may be a specific reason for this.

Nope. Just painted curbs for no parking zones. Another pilot project.

Another pet project of Rob Ford because it involves the car. See this link.

Too bad there wasn't a pair of PA announcers going on at the press scrum:

Male PA Announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Female PA Announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Male PA Announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone.
Female PA Announcer: No, the white zone is for loading. Now, there is no stopping in a RED zone.
Male PA Announcer: The red zone has always been for loading.
Female PA Announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for unloading.
Male PA Announcer: Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again. There's just no stopping in a white zone.
Female PA Announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. ...

Last edited:
Think I'm going to paint the curb outside my house red. No more hunting for parking. :rolleyes:

What winter wonderland did Rob get this idea from? Florida, California, or somewhere else south of us?

At least with Toronto's warm winters, there will be no snow windrows at the side of roads. We will never have a problem plowing snow to the side of the road covering the painted curbs. Great use of taxpayer dollars. Maybe next they'll paint the address numbers on the curbs so the pizza delivery can find your place so you don't have to go out in the winter's night snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back