News   Jul 19, 2024
 645     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 400     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

Yep, Ford Nation is something the Ford Haters just made up and in no way is perpetuated or embraced by the pro-robbie crowd. It's entirely manufactured and robbie an douggie don't sign off their insulated little bully pulpit every week with the very same term.

I'm sick of playing the game where people who recognize Ford is dangerous have to indulge the idiocy of his supporters on the pretense of civil discourse.

Last edited:
Ford Fest...the guy with the two iguanas on his head kinda sums it up. Judging from everyone just standing around doing nothing, this is one boring festival. Somebody shoot the DJ.

This is an official post from that Let Ford Be fan group:

"Who does this Jennifer HazMat think she is, and why should we care that she likes streetcars choking Scarborough?"

Couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

JSQawEd.png

07-minister.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree. As FCG notes, above, there's a wonderful bit of poetry in a Fordite attacking the Star's (or anyone's) ethics. Also, some of the best satire on this site has been the sock-puppet Fordite-spoofers whose words and views are so close to the real thing that it is challenging to distinguish the two.

For all the talk about how Ford Nation is delusional, its really strange how completely paranoid some of you guys are when it comes to all matters Ford.
Some of the people here seem to be in such denial about that that they seem to think anybody who supports Ford has to be a "sock-puppet Fordite-spoofer." Really, is it so hard to believe that maybe the two or three Ford supporters on here are part of the hundreds of thousands of Torontonians who support Ford?

You're clearly trolling in your own special wasy ("contrarian trolling" as some have described it. But in defense of my original point re: sock-puppet Fordite-spoofers being better than Fordites at Fordite sounbites, case in point:

It's because nobody does more for Torontonians than Rob Ford. Nobody. They would be dealing drugs, dead, or dying if it weren't for Rob Ford. That's what you're missing.

Forgotten is an it-getter. He/she understands the mind of the Fordite better than the Fordite does (not too much of a surprise there, actually). Anyway, kudos to you, Forgotten.

TheStar has a lead on a rehab centre in Florida that has hosted Rob Ford "multiple times". A former patient down there is talking but will they go on record? And will people believe a recovering addict even if they do tell a story? Is interviewing patients about other patients medical history even legal? Finally, will this just make Ford look human and lend him sympathy? Developing...

well, that certainly explains this tweet yesterday from Sue-Ann Levy: @robyndoolittle Hear you're in Florida digging for dirt. When you're done, check out Delray Beach. Great hangouts. Maybe they know me.

TheStar has a lead on a rehab centre in Florida that has hosted Rob Ford "multiple times". A former patient down there is talking but will they go on record? And will people believe a recovering addict even if they do tell a story? Is interviewing patients about other patients medical history even legal? Finally, will this just make Ford look human and lend him sympathy? Developing...

I hope they keep this quiet until they have all the information amassed and ready for one massive article. Releasing the information piecemeal will allow Ford to squeeze his way around as he's done in the past. One solid article, free of any holes will stop Ford in his tracks.

However, they also need to remember that the main battles are to be fought over socio-economic lines, not personal flaws.

I hope they keep this quiet until they have all the information amassed and ready for one massive article. Releasing the information piecemeal will allow Ford to squeeze his way around as he's done in the past. One solid article, free of any holes will stop Ford in his tracks.

Not sure that's true unfortunately. Ford supporters will simply claim it's a left wing fabrication, Ford will refuse to answer questions.. and support will stay at +40%. Anybody willing to believe he's an addict probably already does. The remaining people are unshakeable... and besides - they mostly don't care even if it IS true.

Y'know, I've long rather outlandishly felt/anticipated/allowed for something potentially grim to befall Ford: assassination attempt leading to literal, BeirutBelfastian municipal civil war, that sort of thing--but at this point, I'd almost rather anticipate the reverse: that in the event that Ford runs again in 2014 and is defeated, one of *his* people (no, I don't mean "his people"--though who knows at this point) might make an attempt/attack on whatever parties are deemed responsible for his defeat.

As "dangerous" as many feel Ford's reelection will be, I'm willing to offer that his defeat might wind up being a whole different kind of "dangerous": a flock of Ford Nationeers feeling the election was "stolen"--Rob Ford as Rodney King figure, IOW.

Not sure that's true unfortunately. Ford supporters will simply claim it's a left wing fabrication, Ford will refuse to answer questions.. and support will stay at +40%. Anybody willing to believe he's an addict probably already does. The remaining people are unshakeable... and besides - they mostly don't care even if it IS true.

I don't think they'll be as solid in their support once all the pieces fit together. Again, Ford's only been able to get away because the gaps in the evidence were large enough to cast doubt over the whole thing. If the Star keeps all their information for one big article (as I imagine they originally planned until CNN messed it up), Ford won't be able to deny it- the demand for answers will exceed his ability to evade them. Better yet if the Globe can get a look at the video.

The 40% ratings are probably not greatly affected by the video. Instead, these are people looking at headlines, seeing things like "City budget lower than last year", and thinking "Hey this Ford fellow ain't so bad after all!"

As "dangerous" as many feel Ford's reelection will be, I'm willing to offer that his defeat might wind up being a whole different kind of "dangerous": a flock of Ford Nationeers feeling the election was "stolen"--Rob Ford as Rodney King figure, IOW.

IMO it depends on who wins. Olivia Chow? Get ready for four years of outrage. John Tory/Stintz (if she's able to hold her ground)? Muted resignation and acceptance.

This comment in The Globe & Mail explains in plain terms the phenomena we've been trying to address:

OldBanister
1:56 PM on July 20, 2013

This is also a city where the Leafs haven't won the cup in most people's lifetimes, can miss the playoffs five years in a row, can finish dead last, and the arena still sells out at the highest ticket prices in the league.

It's the same phenomenon.

If you're ever trying to explain the tragedy of Rob Ford's unshakeable support to a member of Ford Nation, use this analogy, it's gold!

EDIT: Oh and this one!!

roboheart
9:33 PM on July 20, 2013

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with Churchill. after Ford and the transit fiasco(s), I can't help but think Toronto needs a dictator (preferably myself )

Its worked for China since 2000 BCE. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back