120     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 969     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone set for a morning and afternoon of drama and theatrics at City Council over a Scarborough Subway? I can't wait to see how Ford sells it this time. My PVR is set to record the shenanigans from 9:30am.

I'm SO THERE! (well, glued to tube, there, LOL). Grab the popcorn. My wish is that what's best for the entire city, planning wise, budget wise etc. prevails.

Is everyone set for a morning and afternoon of drama and theatrics at City Council over a Scarborough Subway? I can't wait to see how Ford sells it this time. My PVR is set to record the shenanigans from 9:30am.

Does anyone have a link for the online stream? Thanks in advance!

Is Jennifer Keesmat single? On a similar topic, what about Karen Stintz? I always hear her referred to as "Ms Stintz" in the media.

Both are significantly older than me, but hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

(Side note, but I believe Jennifer did her post-grad at York, so some of my profs probably knew her. Perhaps they could hook us up... Hey, dreaming here :p ).

Is Jennifer Keesmat single? On a similar topic, what about Karen Stintz? I always hear her referred to as "Ms Stintz" in the media.

Both are significantly older than me, but hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

(Side note, but I believe Jennifer did her post-grad at York, so some of my profs probably knew her. Perhaps they could hook us up... Hey, dreaming here :p ).

Both are married.

Since we're on this very important topic of City Hall hotties, Mayor Ford used to have on his staff a gorgeous blonde woman (and I say used to because I haven't seen her at council in awhile). Not sure what her name is but she's got my vote!

there's gotta be toronto city hall fanfic somewhere. i wonder if it includes staff, or if only councillors are allowed - and what about scoobies in the gallery? are they fair game? the press gallery? as long as we're objectifying our elected officials, why not cross that nebulous border of good taste and start honestly fantasizing about them sexually?

because, if those polled are being genuine and honest, they have very different buttons being pushed by his worship than i do. leave alone his politics, he is just not my type.

I haven't checked this thread in weeks... come back today to see this... wow. just... wow. I think I'll stay away for a few more weeks.

Are you going to answer this time?

Sorry, what do you want me to respond to exactly? I've already addressed the "traditional marriage" issue. As for my "previous board name", contrary to your paranoia, I don't have one.

As I thought, complete bullshit.

Well considering the thread is about Rob Ford and not the Star... I would say it has far more relevance for the reason below:

And the Star and there coverage of Ford is directly pertinent. This thread has constant discussion of a wide range of issues that relate to Ford.

Nice try - ethics require analysis and judgement - it's not a "fact" as you made it out to be. It is the soundness and competency of that judgement I am questioning.

If you were questioning the soundness and competency of that judgement, you could do so by directly addressing that judgement. Instead, you've avoided actually addressing that judgement at every turn.

I've posted the fallacy you're using enough times already. Saying "YOUR GUY IS UNETHICAL TOO!" isn't a justification for anything.

I am fairly sure that would be a post-hoc justification. The tread certainly wasn't called "Ethics of the Toronto Star" if you want to play the game of semantic accuracy. Besides, if one is going to turn their dieting into a PR exercise to the point of inviting the media to cover (let's put aside the ethics of that) - one better be expecting the media to want to find out why it was such an abject failure.

If I want to play the game of semantic accuracy? You were the one who started getting pedantic about what could and could not be discussed in and is relevant to this thread.

The thread is "Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto" and a wide range of issues that relate to Ford have been and are currently being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back