News   Jul 19, 2024
 597     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes you an elitist. What I do find interesting is this - that said
group of supporters can simultaneously accuse others of being elitist and label the downtrodden as for the lack of a better word bums. Food for thought.

AoD

Last edited:
What kills me is you have all the downtown lefties opposing subways. Lefties who are supposed to be more forward thinking, open minded, level headed, etc. Yet these people can't see 10-15 years in the future when everyone will be crammed onto these tiny LRT wondering, "Who were the idiots from 15 years ago that decided this would be better than subways?" We already see condos jumping up all around the Sheppard line and usage increasing. The same will happen in Scarborough. Then you get to the point where you loop Sheppard into the Bloor line, and there you go: smart transit. If we can't afford subways now, wait till we can; bulid little by little. Guaranteed in 15-20 years people will be hating any LRT in this city as being too small, too slow, and too cold
I guess we can build one station and then stop until we get more money then continue!

Looks like Ford got Scarborough its subway...another major coup, especially after all the Ford haters said it couldn’t be done, re-election is in the bag.

I want to see where Toronto will get that 1 billion dollars needed for the subway because it sure ain't coming from the province.

I want to see where Toronto will get that 1 billion dollars needed for the subway because it sure ain't coming from the province.

Don't be so pessimistic. His Worship will contact Private Sector Fairies. They'll set Toronto up with $1 Billion, no strings attached. You liberals are all about unnecessarily raising taxes. Every conservative knows that Private Sector Faires will pick up the tab for anything. Just like they did for the Sheppard Subway extension and the Eglinton Crosstown subway.

And by the way, even if Pirvate Sector Faires don't pick up the tab like they always do, I'm sure that our glorious Worship will use the $1 Billion he cut from the annual budget towards the Bloor-Danforth Subway.

Stupid libard ;)

Last edited:
Don't be so pessimistic. His Worship will contact Private Sector Fairies. They'll set Toronto up with $1 Billion, no strings attached. You liberals are all about unnecessarily raising taxes. Every conservative knows that Private Sector Faires will pick up the tab for anything. Just like they did for the Sheppard Subway extension and the Eglinton Crosstown subway.

And by the way, even if Pirvate Sector Faires don't pick up the tab like they always do, I'm sure that our glorious Worship will use the $1 Billion he cut from the annual budget towards the Bloor-Danforth Subway.

Stupid libard ;)

Yes, magical Private Sector Fairies! They can even build subways without costing taxpayers a single cent! All you have to do is sleep and a subway line is complete within a single day! Guaranteed!
wink.png

First the Forgotten, now malvern2 -- will all the Ford supporters here be revealed as parody accounts?

Though one between-the-lines malvern2 past obervation I've long had in my memory bank: that in his neck of the woods, Olivia Chow might actually have more traction than Karen Stintz....

Love how 'Ford Nation' is always portrayed as this big dumb mass that can't understand the 'facts' that the enlighted anti-Ford people can. How conveniently elitist.

Just a reminder who 'Ford Nation' was in the last election. Most of Toronto.

The opinions in this forum represent a tiny downtown circle in the larger Toronto.

Screen%2520shot%25202013-07-11%2520at%25209.45.28%2520AM.png

If you don't agree with the opinions of the tiny downtown core, you're somehow not in touch with what this city needs?

Yeah, and that's like defending the transformation of this

s0648_fl0239_id0034.jpg

into this

attachment.php

because that's what "the silent majority" deems an "improvement" to a "tired old block", that also happens to be Not Heritage or somesuch...

How to pay for the Scarborough subway line? If you live in Scarborough, a special $1000/person (making over $30,000 per year) tax for the duration of the construction--5 years? Then give each of them a 30% discount on a metropass for 3 years after it's finished.

And 2) Hire non-unionized employees to operate the line.

Btw, the same model should apply for all subway lines built.

Short term pain for long term gain = winner.

Last edited:
Why charge Scarbough residents for a subway in that area of town? That makes no sense. Until we are rid of Ford he needs to leave the vehicle registration tax and land transfer tax the hell alone and impose tolls (yes, a tax) on the Gardiner/DVP, increase parking rates along with increasing development fees. Come the next Provincial election, money for transit and roads must be a top election promise to get Toronto's vote. Then there's the Feds., I wouldn't expect any money from them until Harper gets bounced in 2015 but this is all a start to raise money to get LRT and subway lines going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back