867     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
having read the mayor's objections to a study of a king street only traffic in one direction in the morning rush, why don't we strike a compromise? 6am - 9am, only streetcars on king street between river and roncesvalles (i know, full length of the street). 9am - 3pm, anything goes; streetcar, automobile, bicycle, e-bike, hovercar, jetpack, tracked vehicles, atv's, horses, chariots, rollerblades, skateboards, etc. 3pm - 6pm, only cars. 6pm - 9pm, only bicycles. 9pm until midnight, only pedestrians. midnight until 6am - nothing. no traffic on king street, shut it down. you step/roll/ride on that pavement and you will be shot. (sucks for me as i live on godamn king street west, but i'm willing to take one for the team, so to speak)

So rob dragged himself to the flag raising in an empty, reluctant gesture. I guess Sunday will see rob and doug patting themselves on the back and declaring 'no one supports the gays more than me!"

Didn't have to wait until Sunday...

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 38m
Doug Ford says we've seen that Rob Ford has "evolved as a mayor."

It's one of the biggest parades of its kind in the world. Its significance is national at least, if not international. That's why the prime minister, Stephen Harper, should attend.

In 2014, Toronto will host WorldPride 2014. That will be THE International LGBT event. Will the Prime Minister attend or will he send the Governor-General or some other representative?

That's on June 20-29, 2014. Also, it does not fall on Canada Day.

In 2014, Toronto will host WorldPride 2014. That will be THE International LGBT event. Will the Prime Minister attend or will he send the Governor-General or some other representative?

That's on June 20-29, 2014. Also, it does not fall on Canada Day.

I can guarantee you that Ford won't be anywhere near Toronto when it comes to town.

Doug Ford taking a page from Obama's playbook

"Evolved"

At least Obama's "evolution" has the potential to be genuine. I don't recall him ever saying that gays deserve to get AIDS.

Ford, on the other hand, is full of it. He probably had to be dragged to the flag raising by his staff. Made him go socialize with the homosexuals. Gotta feel sorry for the man. He could have caught AIDS.

(Again, sarcasm. The last part)

Last edited:
Yeah, this. His time is rapidly running out.
I honestly wouldn't count on it. Ford won't leave on his own. Only way he'll be out of a job is if he's throwN in jail. But I don't mind. I'd much rather have us vote him out of office. He's already a lame duck mayor and can do little damage for a policy POV

I honestly wouldn't count on it. Ford won't leave on his own. Only way he'll be out of a job is if he's throwN in jail. But I don't mind. I'd much rather have us vote him out of office. He's already a lame duck mayor and can do little damage for a policy POV

I could imagine him not resigning even when the video is made public, but once that happens, he'll be forced out regardless.

^^
How can that happen when there is no legal way to force him out? Ford has no respect for the office and will not leave voluntarily, so I expect, he will remain mayor, until the next election and possibly longer. We just have to accept that.

This is a dumb move by the SUN. They don't need another writer providing commentary on Queens Park. They have Blizzard, Goldstein, and Batra writing QP commentary already and all they are doing is telling us what we already know - the McWynne-ty Liberals are crooks! What they need to do is hire some good investigative reporters to dig into the scandals at QP and actually expose the corruption as was done by Kevin Donovan at the Toronto Star when he blew the lid off of Ornge. In my opinion there are bigger scandals yet to be unearthed at QP specifically concerning the Green Energy Act and all of the dubious contracts done in secret with wind and solar suppliers. I believe the level of corruption in that "file" would dwarf Ornge and e-health put together.

Actually the 'dumb move' was .... keeping her.

At least Obama's "evolution" has the potential to be genuine.
I think Obama's "evolution" was in bringing his public statements more in line with his actual private views -- he couldn't publicly be as liberal as his actual opinions. I think the reverse is true with Ford -- he's been forced to appear more liberal than his actual private views are.

Actually the 'dumb move' was .... keeping her.
I've been wondering about her shift away from the city beat, given that she is such a staunch supporter of Ford. I wonder if this might be damage control on the part of the Sun -- if Ford does implode, Levy won't be in a position where she's required to comment, since it's no longer her beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back