119     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 965     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
crap, now we get to hear even more baseless sh*t about the Liberals, how much you want to bet that her first article will be one denouncing the Liberals on the gas plant fiasco?
Surely a balance reporter would do that, and then also take a strip off Hudak for suggesting they cancel them in the first place.

I expect the city hall beat has become miserable for Levy given that I'd think that she's convinced that Rob Ford is a drug addict, and this isn't going to end well.

------------

Kathleen Wynne to march in the Pride Parade. Will Rob Ford join her, or does the cottage beckon?

What is interesting is that she is the first Premier to march in the parade. What was McGuinty's problem? Ford gets criticized - and rightly so - for not taking part in pride but why did McGuinty get a pass all these years? McGuinty never missed a Caribana parade but he could never find time for Pride? Why?

What is interesting is that she is the first Premier to march in the parade. What was McGuinty's problem? Ford gets criticized - and rightly so - for not taking part in pride but why did McGuinty get a pass all these years? McGuinty never missed a Caribana parade but he could never find time for Pride? Why?

Ottawa residency?

Sue-Ann Levy moved to the Queen's Park beat.

This is a dumb move by the SUN. They don't need another writer providing commentary on Queens Park. They have Blizzard, Goldstein, and Batra writing QP commentary already and all they are doing is telling us what we already know - the McWynne-ty Liberals are crooks! What they need to do is hire some good investigative reporters to dig into the scandals at QP and actually expose the corruption as was done by Kevin Donovan at the Toronto Star when he blew the lid off of Ornge. In my opinion there are bigger scandals yet to be unearthed at QP specifically concerning the Green Energy Act and all of the dubious contracts done in secret with wind and solar suppliers. I believe the level of corruption in that "file" would dwarf Ornge and e-health put together.

Last edited:
A free pass? The media were criticizing McGuinty last year. Though not as heavily as Ford. Perhaps because McGuinty attended several other pride events. Wasn't he at 5 last year? How many did Rob Ford attend?

Also, McGuinty has consistently made comments and done things to end discrimination. Unlike Rob Ford who has instead shown he's bigoted about the issue.

A free pass? The media were criticizing McGuinty last year. Though not as heavily as Ford. Perhaps because McGuinty attended several other pride events. Wasn't he at 5 last year? How many did Rob Ford attend?

Also, McGuinty has consistently made comments and done things to end discrimination. Unlike Rob Ford who has instead shown he's bigoted about the issue.

I don't recall any media criticizing McGuinty for not taking part in the parade. Sure McGuinty attended a few low-key receptions that don't get any media coverage but for some reason McGuinty never wanted to be photographed in the parade. Why? I don't think McGuinty is bigoted on this issue but I suspect he was trying to be "sensitive" to a large and growing segment of Liberal party supporters for whom homosexuality is considered a crime punishable by death.

I could have sworn this thread was about Rob Ford, not red herrings. Why not start a new thread about McGuinty?

Toronto Sun (2012): McGuinty isn't going to Pride parade

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford isn’t the only prominent politician who won’t be waving the rainbow flag at the annual Pride parade.

Premier Dalton McGuinty was asked Monday if he was going to the event.

“No, I’m not,” he said.

Ford has been sharply criticized by some at city council for refusing to take part in the festivities, unlike his predecessors David Miller and Mel Lastman.

McGuinty has not received similar rebukes but the premier’s press secretary Neala Barton said he has attended at least five Pride Week events along with as many as four members of his caucus.

McGuinty has attended Pride events in the past. Example: Pride awards in 2009
http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/07/10/more-toronto-gay-pride-events/

I could have sworn this thread was about Rob Ford, not red herrings. Why not start a new thread about McGuinty?

This is about Ford. It is about the double-standard the media uses. They criticize Ford for not attending pride parade but not McGuinty who has never attended either.

The difference for McGuinty is that there are at least a dozen pride festivals across Ontario over the summer. Toronto has one.

I could easily see Rob Ford doing thsese things. He would be blamed for micromanaging and not doing big picture stuff.

you know, I could also see Ford doing these things, and as with the Booker example, I would ask whether the effort and attention of the CEO of the municipality is best utilized in that manner.

The thing with Ford is that, unlike Booker, I could also see him holing up on a crackhouse to ride out a snow emergency or trading public resources in support of crack use.

It's not like we have direct evidence for either of the above suppositions, but only a dishonest person would argue that there's more circumstantial evidence for the former than the latter.

I could easily see Rob Ford doing thsese things. He would be blamed for micromanaging and not doing big picture stuff.

Please tell me that was sarcasm Burl. I know you're smarter than that.

Do you really see Ford running into a burning building to save a trapped lady?

First of all, the man can't even run. He waddles. And once he did somehow manage to make it up the steps to the front door, he'd probably get tired and pass out in the middle of the burning house.

And about the snow, our mayor coulnd't shovel snow if his life depended on it. He can't even throw a football without toppling over. Do you really see him handling 20 pounds of snow? I don't think so.

fordgif.gif

But sure, I could see him sheltering some people in his home during a storm. He has sheltered some youth who were in rough situations at home. Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back